Post Your Character Portrait

Started by Adhira, October 19, 2014, 12:06:41 PM

Torgun's my newbie Sergeant. You can't have him

February 23, 2016, 08:42:38 PM #176 Last Edit: February 23, 2016, 08:55:17 PM by Decameron
Get in line. I mean with the epic John Woo sparring matches we had going on?  Malkreth chiseled that scowl on Torgun's face with a bone sparring sword.  Everyone seemed to think I was playing a character but I wasn't even role playing at that point, everything was just room echos of trying to craft Torgun from two brass balls and a scowl I found outside the gates.

It was the longest crafting session I ever saw, but it was well worth the wait.

I will always picture Torgun  == Dredd, but the picture definitely has my stamp of approval. Good times.

I just regret I never thought to use the line "I'm surrounded by assholes!"

Quote from: BadSkeelz on February 12, 2016, 04:55:09 PM
Quote from: nauta on February 12, 2016, 04:49:54 PM
I imagined him as a bit more hairy -- can you redo it shirtless?

If you're game JDM, he needs a huge jade cross tattoo, and an angry pustule that never healed from that time a shark-toothed rinthi girl tried to shank him in the jails.

I don't know what to say about this other than you asked for it.

Quote from: Lizzie on February 10, 2016, 09:37:57 PM
You know I think if James simply retitled his thread "Cheese" and apologized for his first post being off-topic, all problems would be solved.

February 25, 2016, 06:18:46 PM #180 Last Edit: July 12, 2017, 12:53:59 AM by Akariel
Always imaged his helmet more ...

Edited.

Moar hair.
as IF you didn't just have them unconscious, naked, and helpless in the street 4 minutes ago

Advisor Nell of House Borsail (and eventually Hostess at the Atrium for a stint). Commissioned artwork of a long-time Nerdcraft guildie.

December 20, 2016, 08:24:44 AM #184 Last Edit: July 12, 2017, 12:53:36 AM by Akariel
Since I still feel nostalgic about my gypo... she's my only PC to date with 3 (!) separate word docs to her name. One for general stuff, one for intel, and one for dances. She almost single-handedly made gypsyfest happen, though Asil kindly helped her along after a few gentle nudges here and there.  ;D

Aishe Zeina al Asenn (Asha)

The sleek, chocolate-haired woman

The most easily noticeable feature of this young woman, even from a distance, is the lush curtain of dark chocolate hair that spills across her shoulders and back to brush against a slender waist. It appears to be well cared for, and has been parted on one side of her head, partially braided away from her face to keep it from falling over her eyes. Her face is marked by tribal origin: Well-defined eyebrows with a slight upwards angle and high cheekbones draw attention towards a pair of slightly slanted brown eyes. A straight, slender nose rests above a wide, luscious mouth. Her frame is lean, defined by sleekly toned musculature moving beneath skin hued the color of creamy milk coffee. Some parts of her skin are adorned by artistic tattoos: A slender blade, inked in various dark shades, rests upon her forearm. When exposed, her upper back carries a colorfully inked set of delicate, spread wings framing a single eye that sits between her shoulder blades.

(at gypsyfest)

Edited.

BRING BACK THE TAN MUARK PLZ

Since I have the staff's permission, I will post a portrait of Durik by the great JDM:

Durik became advisor after the player of Chosen Lord Darrsul Tenneshi stored and there was no other player who wanted to play a Chosen Lord of Tenneshi.  He was 13 when I started and was 26 when I stored him, but only worked for the House for 11 years, the first two, he had to wait for a opening.  Lucky Chosen Lord Darrsul was very supportive of Duirk for his stonework which in the end became Durik's hobby.  Ading/serving the House came first.  I wish I wrote better bios and more of them where I could of posted them for you all to read.

*tips ^me hat*
Fredd-
i love being a nobles health points

Quote from: Barsook on January 06, 2017, 08:14:34 PM
Since I have the staff's permission, I will post a portrait of Durik by the great JDM:

Durik became advisor after the player of Chosen Lord Darrsul Tenneshi stored and there was no other player who wanted to play a Chosen Lord of Tenneshi.  He was 13 when I started and was 26 when I stored him, but only worked for the House for 11 years, the first two, he had to wait for a opening.  Lucky Chosen Lord Darrsul was very supportive of Duirk for his stonework which in the end became Durik's hobby.  Ading/serving the House came first.  I wish I wrote better bios and more of them where I could of posted them for you all to read.

*tips ^me hat*

I remember Durik. Kiris stole his hat. We had a blast with that hat.
I ruin immershunz.

Moderated a post. Please remember the rules.

Quote from: Adhira on October 19, 2014, 12:06:41 PM
With original submissions still unavailable we are going to allow players to post their character portraits in this gdb thread.

The thread is for the artwork that players create or have commissioned, the kind of artwork we'd normally put on the website but are currently unable to.  (Note, this is not the place to put RL pictures of people who look like your character concept etc).

To help keep things streamlined and on track please keep the following rules online:

- Post character portraits for your own characters only
- Do not post character portraits of any PC that is still alive in game
- Do not post character portraits for any PC that was in game within the last year

Rules for this forum must be followed in any discussion of these character portraits.

Additional expectations and rules for this subforum:

•  Discussion should be centered around the submission.  This can cover the events of the submission itself and discussion of that character (most submissions are about specific characters and specific events).
•  While discussing the plot or characters of the submission is fine, make sure that your post revolves around the scene or the character(s)--not your character or stuff that happened that is vaguely related to it.  In general, the more that the discussion deviates from the specific submission, the less likely it should be there.
•  If you desire to specifically discuss your own character's exploits, we encourage you to work on your own original submission.  Once the tool is ready we will let you know!
•  No discussion of a PC that is (or may be) alive, period.
•  If the PC has passed within the past year, it still may not be discussed, period.
•  Off-limits topics:

◦Ongoing plots.
◦Magick system, magickal plots, or mechanics thereof that are not in the public documentation or in the public website.
◦Code mechanics.

Quote from: Akariel on July 09, 2017, 02:21:37 AM
Moderated a post. Please remember the rules.

Quote from: Adhira on October 19, 2014, 12:06:41 PM
With original submissions still unavailable we are going to allow players to post their character portraits in this gdb thread.

The thread is for the artwork that players create or have commissioned, the kind of artwork we'd normally put on the website but are currently unable to.  (Note, this is not the place to put RL pictures of people who look like your character concept etc).

To help keep things streamlined and on track please keep the following rules online:

- Post character portraits for your own characters only
- Do not post character portraits of any PC that is still alive in game
- Do not post character portraits for any PC that was in game within the last year

Rules for this forum must be followed in any discussion of these character portraits.

Additional expectations and rules for this subforum:

•  Discussion should be centered around the submission.  This can cover the events of the submission itself and discussion of that character (most submissions are about specific characters and specific events).
•  While discussing the plot or characters of the submission is fine, make sure that your post revolves around the scene or the character(s)--not your character or stuff that happened that is vaguely related to it.  In general, the more that the discussion deviates from the specific submission, the less likely it should be there.
•  If you desire to specifically discuss your own character's exploits, we encourage you to work on your own original submission.  Once the tool is ready we will let you know!
•  No discussion of a PC that is (or may be) alive, period.
•  If the PC has passed within the past year, it still may not be discussed, period.
•  Off-limits topics:

◦Ongoing plots.
◦Magick system, magickal plots, or mechanics thereof that are not in the public documentation or in the public website.
◦Code mechanics.

Followed the rules. Said PC photo posted was over a RL year old. So....?

I think the bolded part is a clue?  Did you create it or commission it?
Former player as of 2/27/23, sending love.

I commissioned an old player named Grey Area for this character of mine I had in 2006.
New Players Guide: http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,33512.0.html

Quote from: Morgenes on April 01, 2011, 10:33:11 PM
You win Armageddon, congratulations!  Type 'credits', then store your character and make a new one

Quote from: valeria on July 11, 2017, 05:30:47 PM

If you're saying I need to draw it, or pay actual real life $ to depict my character, then no, I did not. But there is 2 posts on this page alone that would need to be moderated as well. IF we're being that nazi over technicalities.

Quote from: Doublepalli on July 11, 2017, 10:12:08 PM

If you're saying I need to draw it, or pay actual real life $ to depict my character, then no, I did not. But there is 2 posts on this page alone that would need to be moderated as well. IF we're being that nazi over technicalities.

We are. I've edited the other two pictures that don't fit. If you notice more, the report function is available to let us know.

Just so you know the reason for this rule, it's that we don't want to get in copyright disputes over pictures that we don't have any ownership rights to.  The Arm staff is understandably a little skittish about copyright stuff.
Former player as of 2/27/23, sending love.

Quote from: valeria on July 12, 2017, 07:32:51 AM

Just so you know the reason for this rule, it's that we don't want to get in copyright disputes over pictures that we don't have any ownership rights to.  The Arm staff is understandably a little skittish about copyright stuff.

In the age of 2017, as a 22 year old male who is immersed in the world of memes and gifs, who tested the boundaries of cyber-criminality - The Armageddon staff is not going to be charged with felonies because another -unrelated-
player posted a photo they copy and pasted on the WORLD WIDE WEB on a forum. Copy and pasting a photo is /not so criminal/. Pasting a photo and saying hey - I made this - Is.

Critical Role had its intro scenes blurred out for the better part of a year (if not more) because some of the artwork used was not with the artists permission, and there was a small legal battle that ensued.

Armageddon has had legal issues before, concerning copyrights and Dark Sun references in particular. I believe they are just being careful, perhaps too much, but better that than the admin team shelling out legal fees for our text-based MUD.
Quote from: IAmJacksOpinion on May 20, 2013, 11:16:52 PM
Masks are the Armageddon equivalent of Ed Hardy shirts.

That's fair Riev. Better safe than sorry.

Quote from: mansa on July 11, 2017, 05:35:16 PM

I commissioned an old player named Grey Area for this character of mine I had in 2006.

Love it.

July 18, 2017, 06:40:35 PM #198 Last Edit: March 26, 2018, 11:52:10 PM by WithSprinkles
Smooth Sands,
Maristen Kadius, Solace the Bard, Paxter (Jump), Numii Arabet, and the rest.