Post Your Character Portrait

Started by Adhira, October 19, 2014, 12:06:41 PM

James de Monet's CGI impression of Stellvia Borsail, recently mentioned in the 'case study on bios' thread.

http://i.imgur.com/tBefAcd.png

That's pretty much how I pictured her.

Then again, that's pretty much how I picture all Borsail women almost every time heh.  :)

Good work.
Quote from: James de Monet on April 09, 2015, 01:54:57 AM
My phone now autocorrects "damn" to Dman.
Quote from: deathkamon on November 14, 2015, 12:29:56 AM
The young daughter has been filled.

Stellvia breaking in to my apartment while her aide was having a seizure on my couch was definitely one of my more terrifying Arm moments.

Quote from: Kalai on October 19, 2014, 12:27:00 PM
Well! Uh ... bit old but I don't really have anything I'm happy about with subsequent characters yet so ...  :) I'll start you off with some sketchy colored pencil.

Byn Trooper Andra, the lithe, sharp-clawed female. I later heard her approval slipped through and she should have been a special app, but I was quite content with aesthetically mutated. She got a chronic Tuluk player like me into the Byn, which was an experience I appreciate. Was in the Northern unit of the time, and one or two more since, when I returned to her after wandering off from here for a while. *squints at patch* ... Nope can't tell which it is here.

This char was a lot of fun.  I can remember a few interesting adventures.

-Former Byn Counterpart

On one of my very first characters, back when I was still figuring things out, Raleris let my newbie linguist give him one or two Allundean lessons in exchange for pay.

Awesome character, was interesting watching the character grow as I went through dozens of my own.

Quote from: Erythil on December 24, 2015, 08:06:16 AM

James de Monet's CGI impression of Stellvia Borsail, recently mentioned in the 'case study on bios' thread.

Ah Stellvia, your actions are still causing pains in the ass for everyone.

Quote from: KankWhisperer on December 26, 2015, 02:05:15 PM

I'm pretty sure eliciting a eulogy such as this in Armageddon is tantamount to winning a lifetime achievement award.
Quote from: Lizzie on February 10, 2016, 09:37:57 PM
You know I think if James simply retitled his thread "Cheese" and apologized for his first post being off-topic, all problems would be solved.

Quote from: James de Monet on December 27, 2015, 02:22:11 AM

I'm pretty sure eliciting a eulogy such as this in Armageddon is tantamount to winning a lifetime achievement award.

Stellvia is one of the few PCs who have won Armageddon :)
Quote from: MorgenesYa..what Bushranger said...that's the ticket.

Quote from: Bushranger on December 27, 2015, 02:41:29 AM
Quote from: James de Monet on December 27, 2015, 02:22:11 AM

Stellvia is one of the few PCs who have won Armageddon :)

I think of Asil as having won also.
Quote from: Riev on June 12, 2019, 02:20:04 PM
Do you kill your sparring partners once they are useless to you, so that you are king?

Quote from: Erythil on December 24, 2015, 08:06:16 AM

I'm glad her breasts have been properly made. Because those things almost suffocated poor Kokali.
Case: he's more likely to shoot up a mcdonalds for selling secret obama sauce on its big macs
Kismet: didn't see you in GQ homey
BadSkeelz: Whatever you say, Kim Jong Boog
Quote from: Tuannon
There is only one boog.

Quote from: BadSkeelz on December 24, 2015, 06:07:17 PM
Stellvia breaking in to my apartment while her aide was having a seizure on my couch was definitely one of my more terrifying Arm moments.

Memories, all alone in the mooooonliiiight.

Seriously JDM that is a great likeness! I should clean up some of my logs that feature Stellvia one of these days. There's some good ones. Fantastic character.
And I vanish into the dark
And rise above my station

I played a Borsail Bastard for about a month under Stellvia.

All I really gathered is that she had large breasts.
Now you're looking for the secret. But you won't find it because of course, you're not really looking. You don't really want to work it out. You want to be fooled.

February 05, 2016, 04:20:29 PM #163 Last Edit: February 05, 2016, 06:40:11 PM by valeria
(Moderated by valeria.  The rules of this thread are here.  In short, this thread is for original artwork only.  Thanks!)
Two dwarves get into a small fist-fray over who owns a pile of dung at the roadside.

You think:
     "Get your shit together"

Quote from: Fathi on January 03, 2016, 04:20:15 AM
Seriously JDM that is a great likeness!

Thanks!  :)
Quote from: Lizzie on February 10, 2016, 09:37:57 PM
You know I think if James simply retitled his thread "Cheese" and apologized for his first post being off-topic, all problems would be solved.

"COMIGN IN HOT" [sic]

Another JDM production.

That's Bitey, the terror VNPC crowds, sole survivor of the Tyn Dashra campaign, the hulking "Consent for graphic corpse disposal?" cross-emblazoned beetle. Also some short asshole blocking the shot.

Now a collectible!

Awwww look at that grumpy face.
Former player as of 2/27/23, sending love.

Damn, it's hard to get a sense of how short he is from this upward-facing perspective. But the grumpiness and helmet was captured 100%. This is another great portrait from JdM, awesome work man.

Torgun was about 5'3", maybe 5'4". Waifs towered over him.

To be fair, there's a bug/feature with the older-style NPCs in the rinth, where you could get a waif who was in fact very tall, depending on the load.

I imagined him as a bit more hairy -- can you redo it shirtless?
as IF you didn't just have them unconscious, naked, and helpless in the street 4 minutes ago

February 12, 2016, 04:55:09 PM #170 Last Edit: February 12, 2016, 04:57:01 PM by BadSkeelz
It's actually a bug/feature of all NPCs (edit: or at least a lot of the ones in Allanak), that they randomly select their height on reboots. They do seem to trend upwards, and when you play a shorter PC it becomes very noticeable.

Quote from: nauta on February 12, 2016, 04:49:54 PM
I imagined him as a bit more hairy -- can you redo it shirtless?

Torgun was originally envisioned at something of a cross between Bob Hoskins, Danny Trejo and Ron Jeremy, if that helps. I was expecting to be murdered within 6 hours of play.

If you're game JDM, he needs a huge jade cross tattoo, and an angry pustule that never healed from that time a shark-toothed rinthi girl tried to shank him in the jails.

You never realize how generally tall the PC population is until you play a 5'5" male PC. Mine was before Torghun's time though.

Quote from: RogueGunslinger on February 12, 2016, 11:19:15 AM
Damn, it's hard to get a sense of how short he is from this upward-facing perspective. But the grumpiness and helmet was captured 100%. This is another great portrait from JdM, awesome work man.
Needs more hair though.

*shudder*
Sometimes, severity is the price we pay for greatness

My Arm Sergeant was shorter than Torgun, but man, not by much. Truly Torgun was one of my favorite characters, especially because his saltiness was inverse to his height.
Part-Time Internets Lady

Quote from: QuillDipper on February 13, 2016, 12:58:37 AM
My Arm Sergeant was shorter than Torgun, but man, not by much. Truly Torgun was one of my favorite characters, especially because his saltiness was inverse to his height.

You guys were all a great crew.
The neat, clean-shaven man sends you a telepathic message:
     "I tried hairy...Im sorry"