Author Topic: Post Your Character Portrait  (Read 58584 times)

Medena

Re: Post Your Character Portrait
« Reply #225 on: August 11, 2018, 01:11:44 AM »

Just out of curiousity, why can't we post a portrait of our current character? It's not going to reveal plots or anything, right? It's just an artistic expression of a character that people can already read a description of, but may not envision the same thing as the player of the character.

It's like posting on the GDB:  I play the mustachioed, kohl-eyed man.

or

A couple of months ago, I played Jack Sparrow.
Quote from: J S Bach
If it ain't baroque, don't fix it.

Heade

« Reply #226 on: August 11, 2018, 03:27:01 PM »

Just out of curiousity, why can't we post a portrait of our current character? It's not going to reveal plots or anything, right? It's just an artistic expression of a character that people can already read a description of, but may not envision the same thing as the player of the character.

It's like posting on the GDB:  I play the mustachioed, kohl-eyed man.

or

A couple of months ago, I played Jack Sparrow.

Yeah, I don't know why this matters. Per the documentation, it isn't against the rules to reveal your OOC identity to someone. It specifically references using OOC modes of communication to organize playtimes and such. It just says we can't discuss in-game secrets and ongoing plot information. Knowing someone OOCly plays a particular character doesn't give away any secret info. If a player has issues with people on the GDB or whatever, they can keep their character identities a secret. If they don't, I don't really see a need for that to be forced upon them, particularly when there is already game documentation that sets a precedence against that being a hard and fast rule.
I used to have a funny signature, but I felt like no one took me seriously, so it's time to put on my serious face.

MeTekillot

« Reply #227 on: August 11, 2018, 04:30:22 PM »
Reveals whether or not your char is alive, can't it?
"The winner of a knife fight is usually the one that wants it most."

sleepyhead

« Reply #228 on: August 11, 2018, 05:35:40 PM »
It should be allowed again in clan subforums. I was told by...Akariel, maybe?...that it might be permitted there again if people posted actual art they did themsleves/commissioned art.

Feco

« Reply #229 on: October 12, 2018, 11:33:26 AM »
Just made a few images of some highly memorable characters.  I believe they've all been dead or stored for well over a year, at this point!

BEHOLD, THE CUTEST RUFFIANS:

(In order: Lucktan, Daxx, Brons, and Dokkar)

Obscenely and highly influenced by the style of JAMKOOART.  I basically copied their style and highly mimicked some of their designs, so credit where credit is due.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2018, 11:43:27 AM by Feco »
Sunshine all the time makes a desert.
Vote at TMS
Vote at TMC

roughneck

« Reply #230 on: October 12, 2018, 11:42:44 AM »
Just made a few images of some highly memorable characters.  I believe they've all been dead or stores for well over a year, at this point!

Obscenely and highly influenced by the style of JAMKOOART.  I basically copied their style and highly mimicked some of their designs, so credit where credit is due.

Fucking Dokkar. Had a lot of fun playing with you. I was the big scruffy half-breed, Flint.

Miradus

« Reply #231 on: October 12, 2018, 05:48:46 PM »

Beautiful, beautiful Brons. Glad he's memorable after all this time.

And Dokkar ... you magnificent bastard. The world isn't the same without you.

Hauwke

« Reply #232 on: October 12, 2018, 09:30:40 PM »
I did not really interact with Brons any more than tavern sitting with him and shooting the (admittedly very dumb) shit with him, but he was an enjoyable character.

sleepyhead

« Reply #233 on: October 15, 2018, 08:06:53 PM »
Just made a few images of some highly memorable characters.  I believe they've all been dead or stored for well over a year, at this point!

These are so cute! Please do more of these as you cross more one-year thresholds!

Feco

« Reply #234 on: October 15, 2018, 11:20:14 PM »
Thank you everyone!  I will make more!
Vote at TMS
Vote at TMC

Feco

« Reply #235 on: October 17, 2018, 04:18:26 PM »
Part II

In order: Griz the Man, Gus/Big Dinghus/Rizzy/Strongarm the Elf, and Remi the Dwarf

Squad Goals:

« Last Edit: October 17, 2018, 04:35:15 PM by Feco »
Vote at TMS
Vote at TMC

Inks

« Reply #236 on: October 21, 2018, 04:15:45 AM »

Hey, thanks for the Dokkar tribute. Was one of my funnest PCs.  Oh yes.
Quote from: Is Friday
Quote from: Synthesis
I hate to break it to you noobs, but penetration isn't the only way to achieve orgasm.Do I have to fucking explain everything here?
Tell me more about your Golden Standard of HG Mudsex RP

Feco

« Reply #237 on: October 21, 2018, 01:56:52 PM »

Hey, thanks for the Dokkar tribute. Was one of my funnest PCs.  Oh yes.

Will be remembered forever, no doubt.   ;)
Vote at TMS
Vote at TMC

razorback

« Reply #238 on: October 23, 2018, 10:15:24 PM »
If I had any artistic ability, Vilonia would be the one to choose. Maybe I'll use like a hero generator or something, though those things are wonky.
A staff member sends:
     "I hate you. :p"

Shalooonsh

• Storyteller
« Reply #239 on: October 24, 2018, 02:22:09 PM »
Feco, those are AWESOME.

Thank you for posting them!
"This time, when she looked at him, she took all of him in. His sandy hair, the line of his jaw, the span of his shoulders. This time when she looked, she actually saw him."
-Fela, finally noticing Simmon - A Wise Man's Fear

Hauwke

« Reply #240 on: October 24, 2018, 03:58:30 PM »
I think I remember Rizzy quite fondly, what was his sdesc?

Feco

« Reply #241 on: October 24, 2018, 04:41:16 PM »
I think I remember Rizzy quite fondly, what was his sdesc?

I think he went through a couple sdescs: the bronzed, toned elf and the bronzed, emaciated elf, at least.
Vote at TMS
Vote at TMC

Hauwke

« Reply #242 on: October 25, 2018, 01:01:25 AM »
Thats the crazy bastard elf I was thinking of. Fuck that guy and his coiling around on the Byn Sparring hall floor like a goddamn snake. Rizzy was as crazy as those chalton that charge into a group of 6+Bynners and attack their HG.

Either way, Good job with him.

sleepyhead

« Reply #243 on: November 16, 2018, 03:37:16 PM »
Thank you everyone!  I will make more!

Announcing that I'm shamelessly watching this space as my year mark rolls around. My character seems like they'd fit in with the others you posted, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed! No actual expectations, though, in case they didn't make the cut.