Post Your Character Portrait

Started by Adhira, October 19, 2014, 12:06:41 PM

The best part of being a drovian and spying on Raleris was to watch him stash his wife NPC in the Estate's closet after he was done with her hehehe
"When I was a fighting man, the kettle-drums they beat;
The people scattered gold-dust before my horse's feet;
But now I am a great king, the people hound my track
With poison in my wine-cup, and daggers at my back."

Raleris was a Tuluki fixture and I was actually sad when he was killed :(
All the world will be your enemy. When they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you; digger, listener, runner, Prince with the swift warning. Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed.

Quote from: HavokBlue on September 21, 2015, 11:25:09 PM

I guess the one-eyed soldier snapped to attention there? Was Agross involved? Are you even paying attention to the thread about how appropriate it is to eat babies? Actually, I heard his name too and was sad I didn't get to see what he was all about. Maybe when enough time has passed I can comfort myself with logs. I always wanted to play a Tuluki, but each time I tried I wanted to burn the place to the ground, with the exception of only a few characters. Ok, sometimes, wanted to burn the entire place to the ground, but I refused to play there then.
Quote from: Nyr
Dead elves can ride wheeled ladders just fine.
Quote from: bcw81
"You can never have your mountainhome because you can't grow a beard."
~Tektolnes to Thrain Ironsword

I think it was usually Tuluk PCs that ended up burning things down in Tuluk.
All the world will be your enemy. When they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you; digger, listener, runner, Prince with the swift warning. Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed.

Quote from: HavokBlue on September 22, 2015, 01:02:32 AM
I think it was usually Tuluk PCs that ended up burning things down in Tuluk.

gahd it happened -once-!

burn a place and suddenly you burn every place geeze

QuoteA female voice says, in sirihish:
     "] yer a wizard, oashi"

Quote from: Malken on September 21, 2015, 07:36:59 PM
The best part of being a drovian and spying on Raleris was to watch him stash his wife NPC in the Estate's closet after he was done with her hehehe

To pull back the curtain a little bit: Raleris did eventually marry a young NPC wife at the suitably creepy age of 55. He wanted to marry a PC about 25 years earlier, but her dying of a disease in front of him ended that prospect. It did start something else however: when he picked her up to carry her back to her estate, a certain other major noble of the time came along and subtly accused Raleris of murdering her. That kicked off an endless rivalry.

Quote from: Fujikoma on September 22, 2015, 12:06:04 AM
Quote from: HavokBlue on September 21, 2015, 11:25:09 PM

I guess the one-eyed soldier snapped to attention there? Was Agross involved? Are you even paying attention to the thread about how appropriate it is to eat babies? Actually, I heard his name too and was sad I didn't get to see what he was all about. Maybe when enough time has passed I can comfort myself with logs. I always wanted to play a Tuluki, but each time I tried I wanted to burn the place to the ground, with the exception of only a few characters. Ok, sometimes, wanted to burn the entire place to the ground, but I refused to play there then.

You weren't the only player who refused to play in Tuluk under any circumstances. GDB discussion over the years often covered the topic of player-started plots or a lack thereof in the game. Often it was these players who would complain about a lack of such plots on the GDB, and I would try to hint that maybe they could try playing in "other places", knowing that there were a bunch of players, including myself, running player-started plots in Tuluk. Governance, the reconstruction of Tuluk, war-related plots against the kryl and Allanak, hunting down loose muls, hunting down southerners that came north to cut down trees, anti-magickal stuff, poltiical scheming... all of that and more was going on in Tuluk, but a lot of players missed out on it because it was Not Allanak. Kind of a shame now that Tuluk is closed, but maybe one day it will be open again and people will get to experience Tuluk in a new light.

How are you not going to capitalize "light" at the end of that paragraph?

Or at least bold it?

And yeah, Raleris was the one who made Tuluk rock in those years.  You rock, Cutthoart!
Fredd-
i love being a nobles health points

I once made a stuffed gimpka rat doll named Mister Ratters stand guard over him in the Sanctuary.

I laughed for a long time at how he just rolled with it and placated my poor dumb giant soldier.

Well played Cutthroat, well played.
Quote from: James de Monet on April 09, 2015, 01:54:57 AM
My phone now autocorrects "damn" to Dman.
Quote from: deathkamon on November 14, 2015, 12:29:56 AM
The young daughter has been filled.

The documentation for Tuluk was quite daunting. I'll admit, I've bumped into, known, or otherwise heard of some badass PCs from Tuluk, but most of the time I just couldn't figure out how to play there. When I actually tried, I sort of realized I couldn't, so I'd go back to playing sorts that weren't from Tuluk for a while, usually. Just before it closed I either rolled up a Tuluki each time, or ended up there by circumtance. The very fact that the documents on Tuluk make it difficult to grasp can, in some ways, stifle interaction by limiting the number of players there, but on the whole, I must say, it was a fun experience, and I wish I'd done it much sooner, before the opportunity was closed to me.
Quote from: Nyr
Dead elves can ride wheeled ladders just fine.
Quote from: bcw81
"You can never have your mountainhome because you can't grow a beard."
~Tektolnes to Thrain Ironsword

Portrait thread.
She wasn't doing a thing that I could see, except standing there leaning on the balcony railing, holding the universe together. --J.D. Salinger

RALERIS, WATCH OUT. THAT'S A MAMMOTH-SIZED KRYL. ONE SWING OF ITS TAIL CAN CUT A MAN IN HALF. . .

Raleris was an amazing character.
Varak:You tell the mangy, pointy-eared gortok, in sirihish: "What, girl? You say the sorceror-king has fallen down the well?"
Ghardoan:A pitiful voice rises from the well below, "I've fallen and I can't get up..."

Punished "Venom" Raleris

Killed in the Gol Krathu Land disturbance of 1999...

Quote from: Cutthroat on September 21, 2015, 07:54:26 AM

Senior Patron Raleris Winrothol, by James de Monet
(click for bigger image)

I remember Raleris.  He allowed Minuit to buy and serve him tea once, and have some idle conversation on more than one occasion.
There is a candle in your heart, ready to be kindled. There is a void in your soul, ready to be filled. Can you feel it?  Can you?
- Rumi

Quote from: Barzalene on September 23, 2015, 08:25:37 AM
Raleris was an amazing character.

He really was. I enjoyed getting to know him with one of my bard PCs.

I once beat Raleris at darts with my southern born mercenary. #gitgud

As player and staff with Raleris I done:

Murder*  ☑
Corruption ☑
Betrayal ☑

8)

*alongside other Evershine staff

I once hugged Raleris.

As a commoner.

A southern commoner.

I was not vanished.

He patted my back, awkwardly. I think I nearly got snot on his silk, I was bawling my head off at the time.

I have a log somewhere.
As of February 2017, I no longer play Armageddon.

I was going to kill Raleris on two seperate PC's.

I think I ended up working for him on both.
Now you're looking for the secret. But you won't find it because of course, you're not really looking. You don't really want to work it out. You want to be fooled.

Red Fang fact #931
Raleris was the reason all Red Fangs started with hide and flee.

I feel like this thread has gotten off track.
A staff member sends you:
"Normally we don't see a <redacted> walk into a room full of <redacted> and start indiscriminately killing."

You send to staff:
"Welcome to Armageddon."

Yeah, guys, it's nice to talk about Raleris and he was great, but this thread is for character portraits. If you want to talk about Raleris, go over here. Please keep this thread for character portraits only. 
Child, child, if you come to this doomed house, what is to save you?

A voice whispers, "Read the tales upon the walls."

My friend who has never played Armageddon but watched me play a lot based her Fallout 4 character on Raissa Kurac. I am still laughing at this like two days later.

And I vanish into the dark
And rise above my station

Quote from: Fathi on December 02, 2015, 04:41:04 PM
My friend who has never played Armageddon but watched me play a lot based her Fallout 4 character on Raissa Kurac. I am still laughing at this like two days later.

haha
Eurynomos
Storyteller
ArmageddonMUD Staff