Let's restrict banking services

Started by Brytta LĂ©ofa, October 12, 2014, 12:56:07 AM

Well, that I have no problem with.
A gaunt, yellow-skinned gith shrieks in fear, and hauls ass.
Lizzie:
If you -want- me to think that your character is a hybrid of a black kryl and a white push-broom shaped like a penis, then you've done a great job

Quote from: The7DeadlyVenomz on October 20, 2014, 01:38:49 AM
I would really just like to see you have to go to the bank you deposited your money at to get it, really, rather than anything else. If you deposited it in Allanak, you can't draw it out in Tuluk. Plain and simple, and creates plots and mini-events around the transportation of money.

Now this is something that gets my stamp of approval.
Former player as of 2/27/23, sending love.

October 20, 2014, 09:55:30 AM #77 Last Edit: October 20, 2014, 09:59:05 AM by Inks
7DV's idea is perfect.

5000 coin balance? Nenyuk would lose money for no reason.

The weathered, gem encrusted banker says, in pants-on-head accented sirihish. " I like to do my bit to make the world arbitrarily harsher and gritty."

October 20, 2014, 10:00:17 AM #78 Last Edit: October 20, 2014, 10:07:36 AM by Desertman
For some reason, I love that idea..... :P

I still prefer the idea of bank "tickets" for your deposits the same way stables issue you a ticket for your mounts.

1) Deposit 700
2) The Nenyuki clerk hands you a stamped leather ticket.
3) Offer Ticket
4) The Nenyuki clerk takes your stamped leather ticket and hands you 700 coins.

A) Each banking location has a different version of the ticket in question. This eliminates global banking.
B) This is the end of independents having massive fortunes that are guarded without fail for free by Nenyuk.
C) This is the beginning of independents hiring people to protect them, and their fortunes, since they are carrying them.
D) This is the beginning of raiders and crooks doing many more raider and crook things.
E) This is the beginning of "the good guys" having many more villains and raiders and crooks to go after.
F) This would make Desertman happeh.

It just makes more sense that the banking system of Zalanthas would function off of a stamped and marked ticket system that denoted how much the ticket was worth and which bank location it belonged to. The current system forces us to try and explain why Nenyuki bank clerks can remember the names and faces on sight of every single person in Zalanthas.

It just breeds a lot more conflict and promotes much more in the way of realism.

Quote from: James de Monet on April 09, 2015, 01:54:57 AM
My phone now autocorrects "damn" to Dman.
Quote from: deathkamon on November 14, 2015, 12:29:56 AM
The young daughter has been filled.

I would really just like to see you have to go to the bank you deposited your money at to get it, really, rather than anything else. If you deposited it in Allanak, you can't draw it out in Tuluk. Plain and simple, and creates plots and mini-events around the transportation of money.

Such win, wow

Quote from: Kismetic on October 20, 2014, 10:03:36 AM

Such win, wow

While I agree that it would certainly make things more interesting, the IC fact is that Nenyuk has a bunch of slave-clerks who spend their whole life in a tiny room way'ing to one another how much so and so has deposited. That's probably why Nenyuk is so successful and why people actually use the bank, because their money feels "safe" and they can pick it up anywhere in the world.

Nenyuk reminds me a lot of Valint & Balk from the First Law series. The bank is secretly ran by a wizard that uses the money to control and shape the politics and wars of every cities in the country. I can only imagine what secret lies behind Nenyuk.
"When I was a fighting man, the kettle-drums they beat;
The people scattered gold-dust before my horse's feet;
But now I am a great king, the people hound my track
With poison in my wine-cup, and daggers at my back."

This is pretty much the secret behind Nenyuk as it stands, though I believe you were more joking than anything.

Talia Quote:
QuoteTruth be told, "banks" in Zalanthas are nearly totally an OOC convenience for the playerbase. This is also why there's just one coin system. Portability of coins makes for playability.
Quote from: James de Monet on April 09, 2015, 01:54:57 AM
My phone now autocorrects "damn" to Dman.
Quote from: deathkamon on November 14, 2015, 12:29:56 AM
The young daughter has been filled.

October 20, 2014, 01:46:40 PM #82 Last Edit: October 20, 2014, 02:11:19 PM by wizturbo
deleted