Your challenge

Started by Gimfalisette, October 11, 2014, 08:57:46 PM

I agree with Rath, put in the apps, because this is super-cool! He gave us a really neat family background that is going to be a blast to play out.

Come on, you know you guys wanna help make Tuluk be all gritty and plotty at the commoner level :)
Quote from: Vanth on February 13, 2008, 05:27:50 PM
I'm gonna go all Gimfalisette on you guys and lay down some numbers.

The last family I played with was a drama nightmare (Rath even had to tell us to quit being retards at some point), I'll only consider this family role-call if Rath promises me that I'm allowed to murder my siblings if they end up getting on my nerves again  :P
"When I was a fighting man, the kettle-drums they beat;
The people scattered gold-dust before my horse's feet;
But now I am a great king, the people hound my track
With poison in my wine-cup, and daggers at my back."

Quote from: Malken on October 15, 2014, 06:41:25 PM
I'll only consider this family role-call if Rath promises me that I'm allowed to murder my siblings

In Zalanthas I'm pretty sure you're required to try to murder your siblings, assuming you are not actually in a tribal human or elf role.

I've played a family role once before and overall it was some of the richest character development I've ever experienced in the game. (Yes, it was also annoying sometimes, much like actual family :P ) My character once had to brutally beat one of her brothers up for her job. ZALANTHAN LOVE.
Quote from: Vanth on February 13, 2008, 05:27:50 PM
I'm gonna go all Gimfalisette on you guys and lay down some numbers.

After all, you don't choose your family.
"You will have useful work: the destruction of evil men. What work could be more useful? This is Beyond; you will find that your work is never done -- So therefore you may never know a life of peace."

~Jack Vance~

It was a human tribe :(

and I actually think that you choose your own family (irl), but that's another story.

The last family I played with was a drama nightmare (Rath even had to tell us to quit being retards at some point), I'll only consider this family role-call if Rath promises me that I'm allowed to murder my siblings if they end up getting on my nerves again  :P
0/10, would not do again.
Quote from: Fathi on March 08, 2018, 06:40:45 PMAnd then I sat there going "really? that was it? that's so stupid."

I still think the best closure you get in Armageddon is just moving on to the next character.

Quote from: Is Friday on October 15, 2014, 10:00:50 PM

*thumbs up*

Quote from: Gimfalisette on October 15, 2014, 06:49:47 PM
I've played a family role once before and overall it was some of the richest character development I've ever experienced in the game. (Yes, it was also annoying sometimes, much like actual family :P ) My character once had to brutally beat one of her brothers up for her job. ZALANTHAN LOVE.

Gimf's last family was epic. Role-playing with her and family members (and the awesome people around them) is what got me hooked on Arm. No lie!
As of February 2017, I no longer play Armageddon.

Quote from: Malken on October 15, 2014, 10:02:33 PM

*thumbs up*
I still remember the drama bomb from using someone's "special only for me and my mate" tent.
Quote from: Fathi on March 08, 2018, 06:40:45 PMAnd then I sat there going "really? that was it? that's so stupid."

I still think the best closure you get in Armageddon is just moving on to the next character.

Quote from: Is Friday on October 16, 2014, 12:21:27 AM
Quote from: Malken on October 15, 2014, 10:02:33 PM

*thumbs up*
I still remember the drama bomb from using someone's "special only for me and my mate" tent.
God. I remember that shit. All I wanted to do was make ribs, and you dicks needed to drama all over the place! :P

QuoteA female voice says, in sirihish:
     "] yer a wizard, oashi"

I give you my personal, executive SEAL OF APPROVAL that you can 100% murder your family members if they ICly deserve it (as interpreted through the lens of your character).