Author Topic: Let's Make Some Charming Charms!  (Read 2704 times)

Xolotl

• Legend
Let's Make Some Charming Charms!
« on: October 07, 2014, 10:26:40 AM »
If you're interested in contributing, I will be accepting submissions for new charms to be added to a few places.  We're going to focus on TULUKI charms first.  Please feel free to submit as many as you like!

Please keep in mind that something like obsidian would be rare up there, and that wood is going to be the primary crafting material.

If your charm has a purpose, say, to be used on an instrument for a bard, or to be worn somewhere else, or whatever, feel free to add that! I can't guarantee it'll go exactly where you want it to, but I can try!

For your submissions, please submit these as a reqest aimed at  House Salarr and put "ATTN XOLOTL - CHARMS BRO" (or something to that effect) as the title. Submitting multiples in one request is just fine.

Also, if you want your charm to be craftable, feel free to include all the things you'd submit for a mastercraft.

Any questions? Post here!
« Last Edit: October 07, 2014, 10:36:37 AM by Xolotl »

Marauder Moe

Re: Let's Make Some Charming Charms!
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2014, 12:02:35 PM »
Do the Circle membership charms still all have the same sdesc?  That's one that bugged me.

Nyr

• Red Fangs
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2014, 12:08:50 PM »
Do the Circle membership charms still all have the same sdesc?  That's one that bugged me.

Huh.  So they do.
Paint on a mustache and be a dude for a day. Stuff some melons down my shirt, cinch up a corset and pass as a girl.

With appropriate roleplay of course.

Talia

• Legend
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2014, 12:14:09 PM »

Huh.  So they do.

Yeah, they always have. Differentiating would be great!
Character: "I've been working on building a new barracks for some tim-"
NPC: "Yeah, that fell through, sucks but YOUR HOUSE IS ON FIREEE!! FIRE-KANKS!!

Marauder Moe

« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2014, 12:15:06 PM »
Do you need a submission for those or are you just going to handle it?

Xolotl

• Legend
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2014, 12:30:47 PM »
I'll take submissions for those, absolutely.

Reiloth

• Corpse Pose: B&W Film Photography
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2014, 12:43:16 PM »
Like...Charms that can be added to a bracelet? Or Circle specific? Are charms a thing in Tuluk?
"You will have useful work: the destruction of evil men. What work could be more useful? This is Beyond; you will find that your work is never done -- So therefore you may never know a life of peace."

~Jack Vance~

Marauder Moe

« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2014, 01:14:47 PM »
So there's specific charms for Poet's Circle that represent bardic achievements:
Charmstrings are traditional to the Bardic Circles of Tuluk, and allow a bard to tell his or her entire history to a fellow bard with a single look. Made of braided, brightly colored cotton, they are attached to a bard's main instrument: the neck of a guitar, the mouthpiece of a flute, or tangled in a drum's cording. Bards collect charms for accomplishments, such as visiting a far away place, winning a yearly competition, houses that have acted as their patron, number of years as a bard, instruments they've mastered, etc. It should be noted that a bard is attached to his or her charmstrings, some of the more superstitious believing they contain some measure of the bard's soul. While a bard may give away charms from a string, they will never dispose of the string itself.

There's also more generic charms, all over Zalanthas, that are basically just jewelry.  Though some may also have mild superstitious/mystic/religious associations as well.

I'm guessing that this call is for either type?

Xolotl

• Legend
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2014, 01:44:02 PM »
Yeah, sorry I wasn't very specific but charms of all types.  Charms for Circle Bards, charms for superstitious reasons, charms for bracelets, charms designed to just be worn in the hair, just stuff to add a little flair to things.

Norcal

• Helper
« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2014, 07:24:14 AM »
As there is code to allow charms to be added to instruments, is it possible to add them to weapons as well? 

Seems I have seen this in a certain situation IC. 

This would be very cool.
I voted and staff let my c-elf ride skimmers and pilot a wagon.

boog

« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2014, 09:10:35 AM »
Is there a deadline for this at all? Just wanted to know before I scrape up some time to write charms out. :)
Case: he's more likely to shoot up a mcdonalds for selling secret obama sauce on its big macs
Kismet: didn't see you in GQ homey
BadSkeelz: Whatever you say, Kim Jong Boog
Quote from: Tuannon
There is only one boog.

Xolotl

• Legend
« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2014, 09:56:15 AM »
No real deadline, but the sooner the better!

Reiloth

• Corpse Pose: B&W Film Photography
« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2014, 03:04:43 AM »
Ooo, charms on weapons could be very cool.

Soh Lanah Kah adding scalps to their weapon-hoop? Lovely.
"You will have useful work: the destruction of evil men. What work could be more useful? This is Beyond; you will find that your work is never done -- So therefore you may never know a life of peace."

~Jack Vance~