October spooky vote time!

Started by solera, October 01, 2014, 01:39:03 PM

I voted, have you?
Fredd-
i love being a nobles health points

We are doing great this month. Keep up the good work!!!!
"You will have useful work: the destruction of evil men. What work could be more useful? This is Beyond; you will find that your work is never done -- So therefore you may never know a life of peace."

~Jack Vance~

Let's reclaim 6th, guys. Five more votes!

Quote from: Araza on October 15, 2014, 09:49:02 AM
Why are we 7th? Vote guys!

Because I just woke up, gimme a minute to drink my coffee and I'm bringing us back to 6th, no worries!
"When I was a fighting man, the kettle-drums they beat;
The people scattered gold-dust before my horse's feet;
But now I am a great king, the people hound my track
With poison in my wine-cup, and daggers at my back."

4 votes away from #6 on TMS! 
Former player as of 2/27/23, sending love.

Quote from: valeria on October 17, 2014, 08:57:39 AM
4 votes away from #6 on TMS! 

Tied now! (2 of those votes were mine, COME ON GUYS.)
Quote from: Vanth on February 13, 2008, 05:27:50 PM
I'm gonna go all Gimfalisette on you guys and lay down some numbers.

I voted! Your turn.
Useful tips: Commands |  |Storytelling:  1  2

HEY!

We ain't quitters. Let's get to it.
Varak:You tell the mangy, pointy-eared gortok, in sirihish: "What, girl? You say the sorceror-king has fallen down the well?"
Ghardoan:A pitiful voice rises from the well below, "I've fallen and I can't get up..."

4 votes from #6 on TMS... again  ;)

Not voting? No one to blame but yourself if the kids tp your house.
Varak:You tell the mangy, pointy-eared gortok, in sirihish: "What, girl? You say the sorceror-king has fallen down the well?"
Ghardoan:A pitiful voice rises from the well below, "I've fallen and I can't get up..."

Quote from: Barzalene on October 22, 2014, 08:18:05 AM
Not voting? No one to blame but yourself if the kids tp your house.

And when The Carrion Fields takes #7 from us.  Sigh.  SIGH.  :'(

Guys.  Hey guys.  Pst.... go vote.  ;D

Pst.  You can vote twice a day on TMS.  ;)

14 votes out of 6th

Hey! What happened? Voting isn't a thing any more? 9th?

October 27, 2014, 04:43:49 PM #70 Last Edit: October 27, 2014, 06:07:22 PM by wizturbo
Cross posting this from random ideas:

Top Mud Sites copy for ArmageddonMud:

Zalanthas: a harsh low-technology desert where settlements and shelter are few and far between, and once you're within the walls, you may not actually be any safer. Over two decades old, this Roleplay Intensive MUD is free to play. New website!

The copy on TMS is perhaps a bit stale now.   Suggested rewrite (warning, I'm not good at this):

Murder, corruption and betrayal await you in Zalanthas, a harsh, low-technology desert world ruled by warring Sorcerer-Kings.   A challenging, Roleplay Intensive MUD with more than 20 years of high quality development.  Completely free to play.

Wanted to highlight Murder, Corruption, and Betrayal first and foremost, with the war between the Sorcerer-Kings also driving that sense of conflict.  Also wanted to highlight that Armageddon is challenging relative to other muds, I've found people are drawn to a challenge...and lets be honest, anyone who isn't probably won't make it very far.  Lastly, free to play is now associated with "hidden costs to play" so I wanted to clarify that's not the case.

Could also be cool to get an icon thingy next to our name.  All the "big boys" in the top 5-6 tend to have them.  It's $5/month.  I know someone who does pixel-art from work, maybe I can convince them to make an icon if staff are cool with doing this?

Need to step up voting. We halved our lead on TMC and fell behind on TMS. We have to vote...more. By voting. Vote.

40 ahead on Fri. Now 9. 9th place. Maybe we could all vote!

"When I was a fighting man, the kettle-drums they beat;
The people scattered gold-dust before my horse's feet;
But now I am a great king, the people hound my track
With poison in my wine-cup, and daggers at my back."

When you guys bump this, it's really helpful to me. Thanks for keeping up the reminders!
Quote from: Vanth on February 13, 2008, 05:27:50 PM
I'm gonna go all Gimfalisette on you guys and lay down some numbers.