MUSHclient logging

Started by MeTekillot, September 09, 2014, 09:56:18 PM

Anyone here know a way for MUSHclient to auto-log something with a "<charname> <date>" name for each log for every time I connect and log in?

>World Properties
>Logging

In the automatically log to this text file box, browse to the folder you want to save your logs to and use their date/time variables.  Here's what mine looks like:

C:\Users\Blah\Blah\armageddon\CurrentDude\CurrentDude %m - %d - %Y.txt

the %m - %d - %Y auto populate to look like this:

CurrentDude 09-09-2014.txt
Child, child, if you come to this doomed house, what is to save you?

A voice whispers, "Read the tales upon the walls."

Here's all the variables you can use in your log files with mushclient's logging feature.

http://www.gammon.com.au/scripts/doc.php?dialog=IDD_PREFS_P4

I still haven't found a way to timestamp every line of my logged sessions, which I'd like to figure out how to do someday.  If anybody knows, maybe they could share the knowledge here.

Quote from: LauraMars on September 09, 2014, 10:35:17 PM
I still haven't found a way to timestamp every line of my logged sessions, which I'd like to figure out how to do someday.  If anybody knows, maybe they could share the knowledge here.

There is an included plugin called timestamps.xml that may do this for you (Version 4.62+).

I can honestly say I haven't messed with it much and I am not sure if it can just timestamp to logs.

Info on timestamps

:)

Yeah, I've tried the timestamps.xml plugin but it doesn't actually show up in logs. :( thanks though

Looks like I was thinking of this to be more complicated that it really is.

To add timestamps to your MUCHclient logs do the following:

Click Game, Configure, Logging.
There is a section called preamble.
Put in the preamble you would like for commands and output

For example:
%m/%d/y %I:%M:%S]

Would have the preamble to all command and output looking like:
09/11/14 04:27:07] Mud text here.

Of course you can use any of the special characters (or any characters) in the formatting for the preamble.  I tested this and it works very well!

Bumping this for my own sake, and for anybody else's.

good bump.

I made a picture to help. Also tweaked Nathvaan's timestamp code because it wasn't ISO compliant and most of all because it was using a 12 hour format without a AM/PM indicator.

Click for full size.