Encumbrance!

Started by TheHunted, September 04, 2014, 01:19:29 AM

I was curious as to the different levels of encumbrance, and at what point it begins to have an affect on your combat!
I was under the impression that this was in the help files (at least I remember it was?) But couldn't for the life of my find it.

The encumbrance levels go something like:

Very light
No problem
Light
Easily manageable
Manageable
Heavy, but manageable
Very heavy
VERY heavy
Extremely heavy
Unbelievably heavy
Over 9000!

I was under the impression this was in the help files as well but I couldn't find it either. As for encumbrance affecting combat - yes it does. That is about the limit of how much we've been told. I hate to say it but in order to determine any more about the effects encumbrance has during combat but you'll have to find out IC.
Quote from: MorgenesYa..what Bushranger said...that's the ticket.

Although from the wording of the levels, one could assume that once you hit Manageable it would start to make things harder, although the specifics thereof are a bit hazy.
Quote from: Wug on August 28, 2013, 05:59:06 AM
Vennant doesn't appear to age because he serves drinks at the speed of light. Now you know why there's no delay on the buy code in the Gaj.

Quote from: BleakOne on September 04, 2014, 05:08:08 AM
Although from the wording of the levels, one could assume that once you hit Manageable it would start to make things harder, although the specifics thereof are a bit hazy.

Yeah, manageable is where I've found the hits start to become more noticeable. Encumbrance has a very real effect on a number of skills.
Quote from: Nyr
Dead elves can ride wheeled ladders just fine.
Quote from: bcw81
"You can never have your mountainhome because you can't grow a beard."
~Tektolnes to Thrain Ironsword