The Most Wretched Hive of Scum and Villainy

Started by FantasyWriter, September 01, 2014, 01:22:16 PM

A few things I'd love to see in Storm:

1) If the gates are gonna be closed all night - that's cool as a security protocol - but perhaps people who're already inside could be allowed to leave during that time.

2) A shopkeeper who'll take your spice grains (if you have enough) and press them into knots, thal-knots and bricks.

3) More apartments - please.

4) A public training yard - where anything goes - if you wanna use real weapons - go ahead, if you wanna challenge someone to a duel to the death, bring it on!

5) More unique foragables - especially in the Sea of Silt rooms.

Having said that - I agree with the other posters - if you're navigationally-challenged, you're really not gonna have a good time basing your PC outta Storm.
The figure in a dark hooded cloak says in rinthi-accented Sirihish, 'Winrothol Tor Fale?'

Quote from: Incognito on September 07, 2014, 04:39:36 PM
4) A public training yard - where anything goes - if you wanna use real weapons - go ahead, if you wanna challenge someone to a duel to the death, bring it on!

There are four of these in Red Storm Village already and each of them have two separate entrances! They're known locally as the alleys.
Quote from: MorgenesYa..what Bushranger said...that's the ticket.

2) A shopkeeper who'll take your spice grains (if you have enough) and press them into knots, thal-knots and bricks.

This one won't happen for IC reasons, but I like the rest of your ideas.
Brevity is the soul of wit." -Shakespeare

"Omit needless words." -Strunk and White.

"Simplify, simplify." Thoreau

January 04, 2015, 06:47:24 AM #28 Last Edit: January 04, 2015, 06:48:58 AM by zanthalandreams
Quote from: Cale_Knight on September 07, 2014, 05:01:18 PM

This one won't happen for IC reasons, but I like the rest of your ideas.

Weeellllll now, while that's written with a certain assumption of authority, I tend to disagree with ya.  Might not be happening -now- for IC reasons, but that don't necessarily mean the same thing as won't (or couldn't, or shouldn't).    This idea would be a strong move toward gritty sifters and grain snorters being less a novelty flavor and more something that could wrap a longer character concept around.  Maybe even just pressing into pinches, with the bigger items requiring a processing fee of some kind.  The NPC buy-back of such items could be tweaked enough that it is advantageous to find/connect with a Kuraci employee to deliver said goods to rather than . . .
well, details.  But it would be neat.  

I love Storm.

Or perhaps an item that will produce them? Some kind of bone and wood screw-clamp deal.

>put spice box (x10 or whatever)

>use clamp
You close the wooden spice box and tighten the bone clamps, compressing its contents into a tightly formed brick.

>get brick clamp
Quote from: musashiengaging in autoerotic asphyxiation is no excuse for sloppy grammer!!!

Armageddon.org

Not gonna happen for IC reasons, i.e. there's an IC reason Kurac a monopoly on knots and bricks.

Quote from: FantasyWriter on September 01, 2014, 02:39:25 PM
2. Agreed. Jozhals, bebescrabs and maybe some rats or buzzards should definitely be able to find their way south of the Red Silt Road.

Wouldn't they just be eaten by that blasted horde of drov beetles?

But I agree, Red Storm is awesome, and I really want to see more of it in my future somehow. I have a plan for this, but it won't be executed for a while.

Quote from: Jeax on March 27, 2015, 05:23:11 PM
but it won't be executed for a while.

*sadface*
Quote from: Twilight on January 22, 2013, 08:17:47 PMGreb - To scavenge, forage, and if Whira is with you, loot the dead.
Grebber - One who grebs.

One of my favorite aspects or Red Storm RP is that particular niche that is the way people emote around each other so as to say 'my PC has no interest in your pc's business, but I appreciate having other PCs around and enjoy interacting with them. thank you and well done for playing in the most awesome area of the game.'

Also, facewraps there should be bandanas 'cause wild west.
Quote from: Twilight on January 22, 2013, 08:17:47 PMGreb - To scavenge, forage, and if Whira is with you, loot the dead.
Grebber - One who grebs.

Shameless bump: Expanded apartments, new armor tailor, new not-so-hard huntable beasties, spice is now foragable and sifting an automated quest/income (not so new but still).

If all of you displaced Tulukis are looking for a non-Allanaki option that doesn't require poisonous kryl spines, it's a great place to play a naki-hating spice hide!
If you like playing in the south, and need a break from Allanak, where else could be better? Come on down, you're the next contestant on the Red Storm Beetle Run!
Grebber - One who grebs.

I haven't bumped this in oh..... nearly two year.
Red Storm is very nice this time of year.  Lots of stuff going on: all of it is find out IC, and none of it is hard to find out IC.

Come play in the last bastion of gritty, nasty, harsh, desert awesomeness!

If you've never played here or its been a while, read through the thread and if it makes you grin a little, roll up a PC, or bring yours on a vacation from the stress of politics and intrigue into the Known World's on Mos Eisley where -no one- shoots first, at least not inside the walls.
Grebber - One who grebs.

I just realized Red Storm doesn't have a map in the help file. :(
I'll try to work one up along with a players guide for new characters and submit them into staff sometime this weekend.
Grebber - One who grebs.