Wishlists and Scripts

Started by manonfire, August 28, 2014, 08:00:55 AM

August 28, 2014, 08:00:55 AM Last Edit: August 28, 2014, 06:46:54 PM by valeria
More scripts for the NPCs!. If you crowdsource the work, we could have a multitude of different scripts for basically every NPC in the game.

- Shopkeepers would trudge home for the day, pockets loaded with coins, a ripe target for an observant thief that's learned their daily pattern.
- Prostitutes would turn tricks in hovels.
- Gangs of muggers would lurk in southside alleys and attempt to mug passers-by (this would also give the Arm something to do on a regular basis instead of standing around in taverns, hooded, emoting how observant they area - it also opens up the idea of having roving NPC gangs that are aggro-flagged against militia members)
- Magickal accidents for gemmers. Why not have a krathi occasionally nuke himself into a pile of ash?
- Scripted executions. Occasionally you'll see a HG soldier drag some poor sap down to the pit and toss him in. Bonus points if he shouts RESISTANCE IS USELESS.
- NPC villains that threaten the cities. Some decrepit Nilazi shitlord that flings a horde of undead scrab at the city every now and then. Let's face it, everyone loves choppin mothafuckas up with bone swords. Eventually, it culminates with some heroic sortie by an amalgamation of PCs into the lair of X where they strike him/her down with great vengeance and furious anger and gather up all the sweet loot.

The possibilities are endless.

1.   More room echoes in more places.
2.   More NPCs talk.
3.   Independent living made a bit harder.
4.   Crafting flagged regional, so that Nakki people (unless in a GMH and thereby schooled in all regions) can't make Tuluki items and vice versa.
5.   The return of lost things (kanks, halflings).
6.   A whole new world. (by world I mean area, either the city states taking over more land, reopening places or whole new areas that fit into the scene)
7.   The segregation of magick wielders from the general populace in Allanak. Keep them gicks where they belong.
8.   More visible slave NPCs. with their masters.
Quote from: Voular on August 28, 2014, 04:54:03 AM
Just make submissions open.

In effect allow everyone to send in any description of an item/npc/texty thing they would like to see in the world. And just pick and chose. Give credit when something might be implemented that's not to spoilery. And then you'll have a big reservoir of npc descriptions/items and so on you can go pick and chose from when you need/feel in the mood.

/end of thread
I counter with hellz no:
9.   Items added to the game be a result of in game work (through the master craft system, an actual PC making things) not ooc submissions.
10. The return of devotions, enforced by PC Templars and soldiers.
11. A visible governing body led by PCs in Red Storm (maybe even other places)
12. The opening of all clans inside a city, let the chips fall where they may and let the best House win. Bring the people back to the cities!
13. The Master Craft limit raised to three per IC within a clan per PC MCer.
14. That northern nobility personal relationship restriction lifted.
15. Luirs stop being so cushy and secure. Someone take over them fuckers.

Do the thread a favor, send ME a PM to argue why my wishlist sucks, or AIM me! I love to argue!

I'm taking an indeterminate break from Armageddon for the foreseeable future and thereby am not available for mudsex.
In law a man is guilty when he violates the rights of others. In ethics he is guilty if he only thinks of doing so.

More often updated rumor scripts with barkeeps.

I think it would be kind of neat to do away with rumor boards at all and instead have a way to tell an npc a rumor and be able to interact with one to hear said rumors.

Quote from: manonfire on May 20, 2014, 06:09:14 PM
Quote from: Rahnevyn on May 20, 2014, 05:13:39 PM
Quote from: manonfire on May 20, 2014, 11:53:24 AM
Can we shrinkray Allanak now?

If this was a serious comment, what would you shrinkray? Unlike Tuluk was up until today, most of the most frequently traveled parts of Allanak don't involve walking down giant roads to nowhere. In the commoner's quarter, you can't really remove rooms easily off of Theyak's, Stonecarver's, or Miner's Road, since they mostly all have shops hanging off of them. Merchant's Road east of the Bazaar gets a little long, but it has to be so to match up with the Noble's Quarter. And if you're a noble or servant and complaining about the walk back and forth from your cushy estate... well, 1) take your cushy job with great pay and silks and suck it up, or 2) let Oleupata and I know and we'll gladly cut your PC's legs off to ease the pain.

The west side of Allanak is fine. The east side is a monument to inefficiency.

Here's how you fix Allanak in three simple steps.

1) Rotate the entrance to the Noble's Quarters 90' clockwise so it's facing Arena Road. You'll cut down on a metric fuckton of travel time and still retain the relative inaccessibility of the Quarter, since it's away from the heavier population centers.

2) Delete that pointless stretch of Merchant's Road heading northward from the Merchant's Gate, and move the gate so that if you're traveling east on Merchant's Road, you'll dead-end at the gate.

3) Get rid of the offshoot that houses the GMH estates and attach those rooms to Merchant's Road as northern T-junctions.

I made a picture to illustrate!

Reposted cause it's apt for this thread.

Sorry for the double post. 

I would also like to see NPC beasts akin to durrit and bamuk close to Allanak and Tuluk.  These animals are a lot of fun for newish hunters but can still kill you if you are not careful.  They do not run away when you enter a room, and they do not try and eat you when you enter a room.

Also I do not agree with making life for independents harder.  Given the size of the virtual population, most of them would not be working for GMH. If you look at the room echoes  on the commons in Tuluk, it seems clear that there are many many crafters buying raws and many hunters and grebbers selling them.  Players should have the option of playing into this without any nerfs.
At your table, the XXXXXXXX templar says in sirihish, echoing:
     "Everyone is SAFE in His Walls."

Quote from: KankWhisperer on August 28, 2014, 09:30:27 PM
Gith stop vanishing.

God, yes, please. Especially since NPCs can be scripted to flee now.
Quote from: Twilight on January 22, 2013, 08:17:47 PMGreb - To scavenge, forage, and if Whira is with you, loot the dead.
Grebber - One who grebs.

Gith vanishing is a Find out IC thingiisn'tit?

Quote from: MeTekillot on August 28, 2014, 11:02:53 PM
Gith vanishing is a Find out IC thingiisn'tit?
... no.
Wynning since October 25, 2008.

Quote from: Ami on November 23, 2010, 03:40:39 PM
>craft newbie into good player

You accidentally snap newbie into useless pieces.

Discord:The7DeadlyVenomz#3870

it was when I played a Kuraci
All the world will be your enemy. When they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you; digger, listener, runner, Prince with the swift warning. Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed.

I thought a staffer once said that was code working as intended.

August 29, 2014, 01:02:04 AM #12 Last Edit: August 29, 2014, 02:38:43 AM by James de Monet
Quote from: manonfire on August 28, 2014, 12:30:48 PM

???

Are you proposing to move the Noble's Quarter? I ask because you didn't mention that, but where you have it on your map is not exactly where it is in Allanak's current geography.
Quote from: Lizzie on February 10, 2016, 09:37:57 PM
You know I think if James simply retitled his thread "Cheese" and apologized for his first post being off-topic, all problems would be solved.

Quote from: manonfire on May 20, 2014, 06:09:14 PM
Quote from: Rahnevyn on May 20, 2014, 05:13:39 PM
Quote from: manonfire on May 20, 2014, 11:53:24 AM
Can we shrinkray Allanak now?

If this was a serious comment, what would you shrinkray? Unlike Tuluk was up until today, most of the most frequently traveled parts of Allanak don't involve walking down giant roads to nowhere. In the commoner's quarter, you can't really remove rooms easily off of Theyak's, Stonecarver's, or Miner's Road, since they mostly all have shops hanging off of them. Merchant's Road east of the Bazaar gets a little long, but it has to be so to match up with the Noble's Quarter. And if you're a noble or servant and complaining about the walk back and forth from your cushy estate... well, 1) take your cushy job with great pay and silks and suck it up, or 2) let Oleupata and I know and we'll gladly cut your PC's legs off to ease the pain.

The west side of Allanak is fine. The east side is a monument to inefficiency.

Here's how you fix Allanak in three simple steps.

1) Rotate the entrance to the Noble's Quarters 90' clockwise so it's facing Arena Road. You'll cut down on a metric fuckton of travel time and still retain the relative inaccessibility of the Quarter, since it's away from the heavier population centers.

2) Delete that pointless stretch of Merchant's Road heading northward from the Merchant's Gate, and move the gate so that if you're traveling east on Merchant's Road, you'll dead-end at the gate.

3) Get rid of the offshoot that houses the GMH estates and attach those rooms to Merchant's Road as northern T-junctions.

I made a picture to illustrate!

Reposted cause it's apt for this thread.

This guys posts are good. YES PLZ.

Put the jail closer to the criminals.
"It's too hot in the hottub!"

-James Brown

https://youtu.be/ZCOSPtyZAPA

Quote from: MeTekillot on August 28, 2014, 11:44:54 PM
I thought a staffer once said that was code working as intended.

They have, but "Working as intended" does not necessarily mean IC.
Quote from: Twilight on January 22, 2013, 08:17:47 PMGreb - To scavenge, forage, and if Whira is with you, loot the dead.
Grebber - One who grebs.

Quote from: James de Monet on August 29, 2014, 01:02:04 AM

???

Are you proposing to move the Noble's Quarter? I ask because you didn't mention that, but where you have it on your map is not exactly where it is in Allanak's current geography.

When I made that, I didn't have enough time to get every little thing right. It was just to illustrate the changes I suggested.

Quote from: HavokBlue on August 28, 2014, 11:42:43 PM
it was when I played a Kuraci
In the middle of a fight, with no echo of any sort what so ever? That was an IC thing?
Wynning since October 25, 2008.

Quote from: Ami on November 23, 2010, 03:40:39 PM
>craft newbie into good player

You accidentally snap newbie into useless pieces.

Discord:The7DeadlyVenomz#3870

Quote from: Fathi on March 08, 2018, 06:40:45 PMAnd then I sat there going "really? that was it? that's so stupid."

I still think the best closure you get in Armageddon is just moving on to the next character.

Some of these have been mentioned by others in the post already....

1) Southern mount for HGs (in Nak and Storm).

2) A more robust buy/sell system for crafted/foraged items - esp stones/gems/clothing.

Here are a few more than come to mind :

3) Tone down tailoring costs for HGs.

4) Lockable tents (or rudimentary huts) - for outdoor settlements.
It really can't be that difficult ICLY to fabricate four walls and a roof, and put a small lock on a door on Zalanthas. And let's face it - just because your domicile isn't in a City-State, really shouldn't mean that you have zero security.

5) Hire-able NPC guards.
A pavilion where one could go and hire NPC guards in the major City-States.
Something like - you pay less for human/elf/h-elf, a little more for a dwarf, a bit more for an HG and even more for a mul.
You could hire them for a day, or a month, or a year.
If you don't take the NPC guard back to the pavilion and renew the hiring fees, he'll disappear.

6) More lockable containers - lockers, footlockers, dressers, cupboards, weapon's racks, chests.

7) More sheaths (various locations) and boots with sheaths - really - these aren't that hard to make ICLY - and there's no reason to continue to keep them on a "limited" basis. Its not like sheaths are like the items which used to have "fighting scripts" - and were thus "regulated". Just having items to stash your weapons in shouldn't be a big deal on Zalanthas.

8) A "pat-down" command for AoD and Legion PCs - to search other PCs for specific items. i.e. pat-down Amos for spice, or, pat-down Amos for <keyword>. This will definitely add a new dimension to smuggling and other fun RP possibilities.

9) More availability of portable tent-type shops - I know there is 1 clan that actually sells this item, but its hard for PCs from another geographical location to even get to those PCs.
It'd be great for crafters/grebbers/merchants to invest in one of these and set up shop near the taverns, and just display their wares. Haggling and buying/selling could be handled ICLY.

10) Merge Pickpocket and Burglar into one Rogue guild - to round off the guild in a more comprehensive manner overall.

11) Ability for mounts to raise their climb skill over time.

12) Extended Sub-guilds to be made available via regular application process (If deemed fit, overlapping sub-guilds could be made obsolete).
The figure in a dark hooded cloak says in rinthi-accented Sirihish, 'Winrothol Tor Fale?'

I do want to see the code worked for mounts so that when you do stable/unstable them they don't come out code-wise as a new mount "item".

This would allow for things like your mount specifically becoming a "better mount" over years of use.

I can see myself having a fair bit of fun with playing a mount tamer/trainer/seller or people paying more for mounts owned by "so and so" because they know it is well trained and adapted to whatever purpose they need it for.

It would also make for some variation in mounts that isn't so sporadic. Some sunbacks would be stronger or weaker or have more endurance than others, and it would just depend on the stat roll of the mount when you bought it initially....it wouldn't change every single time you take them out of the stables.

Your mounts could even "age" and gain/lose stats over time just like PC's do.

Quote from: James de Monet on April 09, 2015, 01:54:57 AM
My phone now autocorrects "damn" to Dman.
Quote from: deathkamon on November 14, 2015, 12:29:56 AM
The young daughter has been filled.

Quote from: Desertman on August 29, 2014, 11:42:11 AM
I do want to see the code re-worked for mounts so that when you do stable/unstable them they don't come out code-wise as a new mount "item".

This would allow for things like your mount specifically becoming a "better mount" over years of use.

I can see myself having a fair bit of fun with playing a mount tamer/trainer/seller or people paying more for mounts owned by "so and so" because they know it is well trained and adapted to whatever purpose they need it for.

It would also make for some variation in mounts that isn't so sporadic. Some sunbacks would be stronger or weaker or have more endurance than others, and it would just depend on the stat roll of the mount when you bought it initially....it wouldn't change every single time you take them out of the stables.

Your mounts could even "age" and gain/lose stats over time just like PC's do.

Quote from: James de Monet on April 09, 2015, 01:54:57 AM
My phone now autocorrects "damn" to Dman.
Quote from: deathkamon on November 14, 2015, 12:29:56 AM
The young daughter has been filled.

Dwarves that pull you around in carts for a certain amount of coin.
Quote from: Scarecrow on February 21, 2014, 04:45:46 PMIn Zalanthas, people don't dig graves with shovels, they dig them with their own tongues.

I wish there was some (coded) way for PCs to become tattoo artists.

Quote from: Beethoven on August 29, 2014, 12:09:17 PM
I wish there was some (coded) way for PCs to become tattoo artists.
+1. Tattoo skill.  Yet I imagine that would mean all tats would need to be craftable, and that would mean a  lot of retrofit. Still...I think that skill alone would bring in lots of new players.
At your table, the XXXXXXXX templar says in sirihish, echoing:
     "Everyone is SAFE in His Walls."