Wishlists and Scripts

Started by manonfire, August 28, 2014, 08:00:55 AM

I really do wish we had more three-dimensional cities.  Every time I have a character that's able to get onto the roofs, I'm just a little disappointed with how limited the experience is.
Former player as of 2/27/23, sending love.

Quote from: valeria on September 14, 2014, 12:31:44 PM
I really do wish we had more three-dimensional cities.  Every time I have a character that's able to get onto the roofs, I'm just a little disappointed with how limited the experience is.

go to da labyrinth yo
"You will have useful work: the destruction of evil men. What work could be more useful? This is Beyond; you will find that your work is never done -- So therefore you may never know a life of peace."

~Jack Vance~

Roofs would be amazing.
Part-Time Internets Lady

More entries to the sewers while we're at it.

Make the 'rinth more livable by allowing people to forage for bodies at Meleth's. The templarate is unlikely to care, since it rids the city of the smell of rot.

Locking and unlocking doors while fighting really, really, really should not be possible. Even opening and closing them seems like a dangerous thing to do while someone is trying to chop your head off.
You take the last bite of your scooby snack.
This tastes like ordinary meat.
There is nothing left now.

Give open and close the same advantage that picking an item up does, make locking impossible.
Part-Time Internets Lady

I was in a situation once where I was in an apartment with the door closed and locked, about to interrogate two burglars who had broken into it. They picked the lock on the door and ran out before I could react.

That really pissed me off.

Quote from: Patuk on September 16, 2014, 10:03:00 PM
Make the 'rinth more livable by allowing people to forage for bodies at Meleth's. The templarate is unlikely to care, since it rids the city of the smell of rot.

Locking and unlocking doors while fighting really, really, really should not be possible. Even opening and closing them seems like a dangerous thing to do while someone is trying to chop your head off.

Shit, at Meleth's? How about make the entire Labyrinth forgeable for body objects that have random loot on it.

For bonus points, grep from the list of items that have gone into the 'junk pile' from being left out too long.
"You will have useful work: the destruction of evil men. What work could be more useful? This is Beyond; you will find that your work is never done -- So therefore you may never know a life of peace."

~Jack Vance~

It's not so much about what the people had on them as it is about the dead bodies themselves.Call it 'rinthi salting.

There are plenty enough bodies in the 'rinth, in my experience. If you're low on cash and food and can't find any, make a couple.

Quote from: RogueGunslinger on September 17, 2014, 08:56:22 AM
There are plenty enough bodies in the 'rinth, in my experience. If you're low on cash and food and can't find any, make a couple.

What about the people who aren't murderers, and just scavengers?

It'd be a nice dynamic if the people who weren't training backstab could make a living there, too.

~Jack Vance~

Quote from: Reiloth on September 17, 2014, 05:25:34 PM

It'd be a nice dynamic if the people who weren't training backstab could make a living there, too.

I played a PC who just lived off of scavenging stuff in the 'rinth. She was no killer.
Quote from: Vanth on February 13, 2008, 05:27:50 PM
I'm gonna go all Gimfalisette on you guys and lay down some numbers.

Quote from: Reiloth on September 17, 2014, 05:25:34 PM
Quote from: RogueGunslinger on September 17, 2014, 08:56:22 AM

I think you underestimate just how many bodies end up there. Cadavers were never something hard to find in the 'rinth. Also lots of newbies go there to die, so sometimes you get like 800 coins with the corpse.

I mean, sure it would be cool, 'scavenge corpse'. But it seems pointless to me in that place of all places.

I was thinking more that it would be a cool flavor thing, considering you can sell the bodies somewhere in the 'Rinth.

I think it depends who is playing there, as to how many bodies show up -- The last time I played there, bodies were actually very scarce.

~Jack Vance~

I wish that midden heaps spawned rotten fruit and useless broken crap. But as with dung-sweeping, you'd get gross if you took stuff off the heap.
Quote from: Vanth on February 13, 2008, 05:27:50 PM
I'm gonna go all Gimfalisette on you guys and lay down some numbers.

Useful or not, Meleth's has a shitton of bodies nobody southside cares about after they're stripped clean.

Quote from: Reiloth on September 17, 2014, 05:39:49 PM
I was thinking more that it would be a cool flavor thing, considering you can sell the bodies somewhere in the 'Rinth.

I think it depends who is playing there, as to how many bodies show up -- The last time I played there, bodies were actually very scarce.

Jokes aside, yeah, sometimes the 'rinth can be very empty. And lonely. And then you see someone and they're like; sneak/hide/creep-away. It's weird because it's right next to 'nak, where there are TONS of people playing.

Maybe I should make my 'rinthers more approachable.

Code to handle multiples of objects without having to interact with them one by one.

238497 feathers, I'm lookin' at you.

Quote from: Delirium on October 30, 2014, 12:19:34 PM

238497 feathers look back at you, unruffled.
Smooth Sands,
Maristen Kadius, Solace the Bard, Paxter (Jump), Numii Arabet, and the rest.

Quote from: Delirium on October 30, 2014, 12:19:34 PM
Code to handle multiples of objects without having to interact with them one by one.

They're done some stuff with feathers to make handling large volumes a little easier.

I just wish you could barter in bulk. I don't want to convince the merchant that I want the price to be X coins 50 times for item awesomela. I want to convince him the price can be X one time, then buy 50 awesomela all in one transaction.

As of February 2017, I no longer play Armageddon.