Author Topic: What would you like to see?  (Read 27754 times)

Suhuy

Re: What would you like to see?
« Reply #75 on: August 31, 2014, 08:51:49 AM »
More instruments. Or at least more availability of them throughout the game world.

Human(oid)s are artistic by nature. I think even Red Storm villagers would have some form of music, even if it amounts to simple drinking songs in the local tavern.

valeria

• I have a writing blog.
« Reply #76 on: August 31, 2014, 05:14:11 PM »
More of the different colored and more varied mounts.

FantasyWriter

• Tales of Then--Reflections of Now
« Reply #77 on: August 31, 2014, 10:20:26 PM »

This is one thing I miss about kanks! Most locals had the standard yellow and a different colored one.
Greb - To scavenge, forage, and if Whira is with you, loot the dead.
Grebber - One who grebs.

Rahnevyn

« Reply #78 on: September 01, 2014, 12:27:35 AM »
a war beetle

a not-war beetle
Quote from: Rock
Scissors are fine.  Please nerf paper.

Quirrilicious

« Reply #79 on: September 01, 2014, 01:52:11 AM »

This is one thing I miss about kanks! Most locals had the standard yellow and a different colored one.

Mottled-purple, it was my favorite.

Barsook

• The Sense of Openness
« Reply #80 on: September 01, 2014, 09:29:56 AM »
a war beetle

a not-war beetle

New dwarf focus: tame a beetle and breed with another and start a market for non-war beetles.

Eilwen

« Reply #81 on: September 01, 2014, 10:05:42 AM »
It would be nice if the raise/lower flag were added to more hats and veils and veiled hats.
"Hello, you fellows! You're the very animals I was coming to see! Come along! Hop up! We'll go for a jolly ride! The open road, the dusty highway. Come! I'll show you the world. Travel, change, excitement..!" -Wind in the Willows

The7DeadlyVenomz

« Reply #82 on: September 01, 2014, 04:30:26 PM »
Lower faceplate helm
Wynning since October 25, 2008.

>craft newbie into good player

You accidentally snap newbie into useless pieces.

Norcal

• Helper
« Reply #83 on: September 01, 2014, 04:42:04 PM »
Stables close to every gate.
I voted and staff let my c-elf ride skimmers and pilot a wagon.

Kol

« Reply #84 on: September 01, 2014, 10:48:59 PM »
More tattoos and tattoo artists!

This. Oh dear god please this.
Quote from: BleakOne
Dammit Kol you made me laugh too.
A staff member sends:
     "Hi! Please don't kill the sparring dummy."

Reiloth

• Corpse Pose: B&W Film Photography
« Reply #85 on: September 01, 2014, 10:55:04 PM »
Lower faceplate helm

Or lower mask. Puts it around your throat.
"You will have useful work: the destruction of evil men. What work could be more useful? This is Beyond; you will find that your work is never done -- So therefore you may never know a life of peace."

~Jack Vance~

FantasyWriter

« Reply #86 on: September 01, 2014, 10:57:18 PM »
>Raise veil
Grebber - One who grebs.

Tuannon

« Reply #87 on: September 02, 2014, 04:52:15 AM »
War and Peace Beetles..

They're really big and unwieldy and get kinda boring after a while.

Barsook

• The Sense of Openness
« Reply #88 on: September 02, 2014, 05:51:39 AM »
Lower faceplate helm

Or lower mask. Puts it around your throat.

Or raise mask, so it be placed on top of the head.

Tuannon

« Reply #89 on: September 03, 2014, 09:07:45 AM »
On topic though, you see a lot of creatures in the game world that aren't really useful. I think a few more parts that can be hacked off random things and made into other things would be cool.

I was looking at some creepy crawly that had some camouflage happening just earlier and wondered why I'd never seen gear made out of it.

Also perhaps different degrees of hide and what not.. maybe only a slight variation?

For example a pristine prinny hide with a good skinning roll or a mangy prinny hide with an average one. Or whatever.

Barzalene

« Reply #90 on: September 03, 2014, 10:15:12 AM »
I'd love to see the return of the NPC raider.
Varak:You tell the mangy, pointy-eared gortok, in sirihish: "What, girl? You say the sorceror-king has fallen down the well?"
Ghardoan:A pitiful voice rises from the well below, "I've fallen and I can't get up..."

CodeMaster

« Reply #91 on: September 04, 2014, 06:33:16 PM »
Sniff descriptions for rooms.  Players could specify a room without a sniff description and offer a brief (80 character max?) description of the room's scent.  It's a fun bit of extra information.
The neat, clean-shaven man sends you a telepathic message:
     "I tried hairy...Im sorry"

FantasyWriter

« Reply #92 on: September 04, 2014, 07:34:52 PM »
Sniff descriptions for rooms.  Players could specify a room without a sniff description and offer a brief (80 character max?) description of the room's scent.  It's a fun bit of extra information.

That'd be pretty cool. Staff could make a call for it and we just use the typo command to submit!
Grebber - One who grebs.

BleakOne

« Reply #93 on: September 04, 2014, 07:52:16 PM »
Some rooms can already be sniffed, but I'd totally support more of it.

Can't wait to see the 3 new mounts mentioned on the homepage. Can't seem to find them at the mount seller, however.
Vennant doesn't appear to age because he serves drinks at the speed of light. Now you know why there's no delay on the buy code in the Gaj.

Voular

« Reply #94 on: September 04, 2014, 09:26:10 PM »
I've been thinking. We like to hang stuff on our belts. But going through all the items and making them wearable on belt seems excessive. Why not make a 'belt loop' item? That is wearable on the belt, and on that item you can tie almost anything under a certain weight. Like, you could tie a little charm to your belt, or maybe a comb or whatever?
Modern concepts of fair trials and justice are simply nonexistent in Zalanthas. If you are accused, you are guilty until someone important decides you might be useful. It doesn't really matter if you did it or not.

FantasyWriter

« Reply #95 on: September 04, 2014, 09:27:18 PM »
Being able to put two weapons and two pouches on the same belt.
Grebber - One who grebs.

Barsook

• The Sense of Openness
« Reply #96 on: September 04, 2014, 09:28:32 PM »
I've been thinking. We like to hang stuff on our belts. But going through all the items and making them wearable on belt seems excessive. Why not make a 'belt loop' item? That is wearable on the belt, and on that item you can tie almost anything under a certain weight. Like, you could tie a little charm to your belt, or maybe a comb or whatever?

I dig this!

icewindsong

« Reply #97 on: September 05, 2014, 07:00:53 PM »
The return of kanks?  Maybe the volcano caused a cavern-full of dormant eggs to hatch?

Riddeable Snakes for mounts? 

Naga/lamia type beings.  Rideable enslaved naga/lamia type beings as well.

mini-wagons/chariots/rickshaws/other various small carts.  ideas for personal transportation that require the already-coded drive skill, and aren't gigantic jawa-esque travelling fortresses.

FantasyWriter

« Reply #98 on: September 05, 2014, 08:36:39 PM »
Objects using the silk skimmer code for the city and a "stable" PC who charges 50-100 coins to keep them locked up safe for you.

A "bring out ya dead" cart or trading/scavenging cart for the rinth, warrens, or less savory parts of Nak:

a dilapidated wheel-barrow for 500 coins (one "seat")
This old cart has see better days. While still serviceable, the two stone sandstone wheels
are missing enough small chunks to make it cumbersome to pull across long distances. A
small, flat bed of wooden and bone slats has been tied to the axle, most badly in need of
replacement, and a single falling tongue stretches out in front of it wrapped in faded multi
-colored rags of scrapcloth to provide a better grip.

a canvas-shaded trader's cart for 2500 coins (two "seats")
Resembling a miniature caravan wagon, this cart sacrifices speed and agility for sturdiness
and storage space by third wheel placed beneath it's front end so that the full weight of
the load is supported by the axles.  A counter top of smoothly-sanded wood has been built
along one side of the bed with cabinets below and behind it accessible only from the inner
walkway that runs lengthwise down the bed.  A simple tarpaulin of undyed canvas has
been secured from post stationed at the four corners of the wagon protecting anyone
standing inside form the hash rays of Suk-Krath.  An addition length of the material has
been gathered over the counter, so that it can be unrolled to provide a substantial patch
of shade for people to gather under.  A double falling tongue stretches out in front of the
cart with a neck yoke stretching between them to make the haul more comfortable or
allow for a small mount to be harnessed to it as well

An elegant, two-seated rickshaw for 10,000 coins (three "seats")
Man, this shit is swank. Pretty stuff is carved on the carefully curved wooden planks.
There's leather, there's bling, a cushy padded luuuuuuv seat for all your mudsexxing desires.
Yeah, I was out of creativity at this point.

Grebber - One who grebs.

shadeoux

« Reply #99 on: September 06, 2014, 10:53:23 AM »
Objects using the silk skimmer code for the city and a "stable" PC who charges 50-100 coins to keep them locked up safe for you.

A "bring out ya dead" cart or trading/scavenging cart for the rinth, warrens, or less savory parts of Nak:

a dilapidated wheel-barrow for 500 coins (one "seat")
This old cart has see better days. While still serviceable, the two stone sandstone wheels
are missing enough small chunks to make it cumbersome to pull across long distances. A
small, flat bed of wooden and bone slats has been tied to the axle, most badly in need of
replacement, and a single falling tongue stretches out in front of it wrapped in faded multi
-colored rags of scrapcloth to provide a better grip.

a canvas-shaded trader's cart for 2500 coins (two "seats")
Resembling a miniature caravan wagon, this cart sacrifices speed and agility for sturdiness
and storage space by third wheel placed beneath it's front end so that the full weight of
the load is supported by the axles.  A counter top of smoothly-sanded wood has been built
along one side of the bed with cabinets below and behind it accessible only from the inner
walkway that runs lengthwise down the bed.  A simple tarpaulin of undyed canvas has
been secured from post stationed at the four corners of the wagon protecting anyone
standing inside form the hash rays of Suk-Krath.  An addition length of the material has
been gathered over the counter, so that it can be unrolled to provide a substantial patch
of shade for people to gather under.  A double falling tongue stretches out in front of the
cart with a neck yoke stretching between them to make the haul more comfortable or
allow for a small mount to be harnessed to it as well

An elegant, two-seated rickshaw for 10,000 coins (three "seats")
Man, this shit is swank. Pretty stuff is carved on the carefully curved wooden planks.
There's leather, there's bling, a cushy padded luuuuuuv seat for all your mudsexxing desires.
Yeah, I was out of creativity at this point.

And the four seat ones come with hookahs or hookers choice dependent.
Two dwarves get into a small fist-fray over who owns a pile of dung at the roadside.

You think:
     "Get your shit together"