Author Topic: What would you like to see?  (Read 20548 times)

Voular

Re: What would you like to see?
« Reply #50 on: August 28, 2014, 11:38:59 PM »
More tattoos and tattoo artists!

I might have instigated this whole thread with a request of this nature. >_> But yes, more tattoos!
Modern concepts of fair trials and justice are simply nonexistent in Zalanthas. If you are accused, you are guilty until someone important decides you might be useful. It doesn't really matter if you did it or not.

The7DeadlyVenomz

« Reply #51 on: August 28, 2014, 11:56:31 PM »
More artists that use the same custom tattoo code that the allanaki artists does.
Wynning since October 25, 2008.

>craft newbie into good player

You accidentally snap newbie into useless pieces.

bcw81

• Helper
« Reply #52 on: August 29, 2014, 12:35:41 AM »
More artists that use the same custom tattoo code that the allanaki artists does.
Tuluk has the same guy.

That said, adding a lot more words to that would be nice.

A female voice says, in sirihish:
     "] yer a wizard, oashi"

The7DeadlyVenomz

« Reply #53 on: August 29, 2014, 02:14:20 AM »
- while maybe technically a code thing, I would love for you to have to have the appropriate tools to do craft
- outhouse objects (and rooms to go with them) scattered about the cities
- small visible newbie game around Allanak - maybe wild chalton or some rodent or reptile? Even just unstealthy johzal who don't flee
- in that vein, new creatures across the world as a whole - varied wildlife is a lovely thing
Wynning since October 25, 2008.

>craft newbie into good player

You accidentally snap newbie into useless pieces.

BleakOne

« Reply #54 on: August 29, 2014, 03:53:24 AM »
I really like the idea of some new critters around Allanak. It would be nice if there was some newbie-friendly ones, but even just another few types of creature would be lots of fun.

Scorpions, large dune bugs, the giant cockroaches which according to the docs ICly exist and also feral cannibal tribals (although that last one's a bit of a stretch) are just some ideas which spring to mind.
Vennant doesn't appear to age because he serves drinks at the speed of light. Now you know why there's no delay on the buy code in the Gaj.

HavokBlue

• Helper
« Reply #55 on: August 29, 2014, 05:27:20 AM »
Cockroaches and other wildlife that once thrived in Vrun Driath prior to the appearance of a volcano outside Allanak make a resurgence in lieu of recent events.

Boom.
All the world will be your enemy. When they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you; digger, listener, runner, Prince with the swift warning. Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed.

BleakOne

« Reply #56 on: August 29, 2014, 06:31:42 AM »
If you wanted to go really crazy with the cockroach idea, you could make them giant hissing cockroaches, like those really huge ones IRL that make the creepy rattling noise. I forget the name.

Kind of, throw off echoes in nearby rooms or whatever.
Vennant doesn't appear to age because he serves drinks at the speed of light. Now you know why there's no delay on the buy code in the Gaj.

Tainted Love

« Reply #57 on: August 29, 2014, 08:22:55 AM »
Maternity clothing.
You say, out of character:
     "Ouch, that's harsh."

Someone says, out of character:
     "Welcome to Armageddon."

Incognito

« Reply #58 on: August 29, 2014, 11:35:35 AM »
Bleh - can't modify posts in this thread.

I just noticed that this is a call for items/npcs etc and not code.

Please ignore the code-related suggestions.
The figure in a dark hooded cloak says in rinthi-accented Sirihish, 'Winrothol Tor Fale?'

Rahnevyn

• Legend
« Reply #59 on: August 29, 2014, 11:46:28 AM »
Split code-related ideas into a separate thread.

I know that the concept of "derailing" assumes the GDB has rails in the first place, but people: please, please stay on topic here. This thread is intended for ideas that a staff member looking to build new objects or npcs can come to for inspiration.

If what you are posting requires a code change, script change, or massive changes to an area, it does not belong here.

Thanks.
Quote from: Rock
Scissors are fine.  Please nerf paper.
Quote from: Cutthroat (paraphrased)
If you care about an issue enough, make a new thread for it, because RAT is literally the worst thread for a sustained discussion about anything

Incognito

« Reply #60 on: August 29, 2014, 11:50:23 AM »
Could a Staff member please start a new thread for "what would you like to see - code-related items".

Only Staff members can start new topics in the Submissions forum, it seems. Thanks!
The figure in a dark hooded cloak says in rinthi-accented Sirihish, 'Winrothol Tor Fale?'

Desertman

« Reply #61 on: August 29, 2014, 11:53:02 AM »
(Sorry about that, I picked up at the end of the thread and didn't read the initial post. I have now.)

More things that can be made out of basalt. Basalt was traditionally used as an ideal stone for tools and anything that needed a very hard stone base. Right now, basalt seems to have been forgotten in terms crafting recipes, and it is actually much more ideal for some of the items that we are currently using "softer" stones for.

My phone now autocorrects "damn" to Dman.
The young daughter has been filled.

Rahnevyn

• Legend
« Reply #62 on: August 29, 2014, 11:59:54 AM »
Could a Staff member please start a new thread for "what would you like to see - code-related items".

Only Staff members can start new topics in the Submissions forum, it seems. Thanks!

Code changes are a bit more complicated than somebody saying "I'd like to see more blue suede shoes in game", though. I don't know if one single thread for general code change ideas would be manageable. Luckily, there's the Code Discussion forum for those. We do read and review ideas there.

Put yourself in the mindset of a staff member who has 15 minutes of spare time (ha!) and the urge to build an object or npc. They come to this thread, looking for inspiration or some sort of object the game is missing, and they see your suggestion to add a....... what? That's what ideas here should be aiming for.
Quote from: Rock
Scissors are fine.  Please nerf paper.
Quote from: Cutthroat (paraphrased)
If you care about an issue enough, make a new thread for it, because RAT is literally the worst thread for a sustained discussion about anything

Norcal

• Helper
« Reply #63 on: August 29, 2014, 12:00:54 PM »
-I would like to see more shoulder wearable items like packs and water containers, available in shops for common folk.

-I also think that a mobile NPC water seller would be cool, like those guys that wander the markets in Morocco. They sell you a drink of water..and make a real show of it.

-And while we are at it, a mobile tea salesman for Tuluk, along the same vein.  Lots of these guys around in the Sahel, where strong tea is the drink of the common person.

-Just more mobile NPC  salespeople in general, wandering around, shouting out what they are selling..cheap food, drink, hair cuts, crappy flip flops

I mean tok leather sandals.
I voted and staff let my c-elf ride skimmers and pilot a wagon.

Quirrilicious

« Reply #64 on: August 29, 2014, 12:02:02 PM »
-I would like to see more shoulder wearable items like packs and water containers, available in shops for common folk.

Yes, please.

Molten Heart

« Reply #65 on: August 29, 2014, 12:31:50 PM »

Here's the thread that was split off that has all the suggestions that aren't objects or npcs.

LucildaHunta

« Reply #66 on: August 29, 2014, 12:34:46 PM »

Obsidian - Volcano... obsidian deposits... enough said?

I literally thought this the other day and glass, cause...room desc. At least small pieces.
Oh, she don't see the light that's shining
Deeper than the eyes can find it, maybe we have made her blind
So she tries to cover up her pain and cut her woes away
Cause covergirls don't cry after their face is made

Bushranger

« Reply #67 on: August 29, 2014, 07:07:25 PM »
More variety in hats!

Everyone seems to be wearing wide-brimmed boonies, berets, turbans or the occasional fez. Where are the Ayam, Bicornes, Derby, Flat Cap, Hennin, Jaapi, Karakul, Mitre, Phrygian, or Top Hats?!

Someone needs to apply for a dwarf milliner, pronto!
Focus: Become famous by having everyone in the Known wearing my hats.
Quote from: Morgenes
Ya..what Bushranger said...that's the ticket.
Quote from: Eukelade
Now I'm starving -1 karma Bushranger -1 karma.
Quote from: Shalooonsh
Kudos to you bushranger for confusing staff.

HavokBlue

• Helper
« Reply #68 on: August 29, 2014, 08:55:16 PM »
Seeing a top hat or fedora or whatever in game would be pretty jarring.
All the world will be your enemy. When they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you; digger, listener, runner, Prince with the swift warning. Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed.

Barsook

• Helper
    • The Sense of Openness
« Reply #69 on: August 29, 2014, 08:56:03 PM »

Bushranger

« Reply #70 on: August 29, 2014, 09:31:11 PM »

What makes a top hat so jarring? Certainly it would be quite odd to see people in the common caste but as formal attire for the nobles I think it would be fitting.

More importantly thought I would like to see a wider range of traditional hats and headwear for city based commoners. Leave the helmets to the warriors, the wide-brimmed bush hats to the rangers we need a glut of cheap, simple head covers for the cobblers, beggars, pick pockets and pimps!
Quote from: Morgenes
Ya..what Bushranger said...that's the ticket.
Quote from: Eukelade
Now I'm starving -1 karma Bushranger -1 karma.
Quote from: Shalooonsh
Kudos to you bushranger for confusing staff.

manipura

« Reply #71 on: August 30, 2014, 02:45:18 AM »
I would love to see the three naked Kadian merchants in Allanak's bazaar get some clothes to wear.  I think they've been naked forever. :)

the tall, smooth-skinned woman (Minna) in the Luxury Goods shop
the long-limbed, red-headed woman (Kristia) in the jewelry shop
the tall, rugged man (Marmralek) in the the raw materials shop

Reiloth

• Corpse Pose: B&W Film Photography
« Reply #72 on: August 30, 2014, 03:34:46 AM »
There are already top-hats in game.
"You will have useful work: the destruction of evil men. What work could be more useful? This is Beyond; you will find that your work is never done -- So therefore you may never know a life of peace."

~Jack Vance~

HavokBlue

• Helper
« Reply #73 on: August 30, 2014, 04:58:45 AM »
More helmets that can be hooked on a belt

Red Ranger

« Reply #74 on: August 30, 2014, 11:19:06 AM »
- outhouse objects (and rooms to go with them) scattered about the cities

Love this idea. Put in the public crappers like in ancient Rome!
There is a tool for every task, and a task for every tool.
-Tywin Lannister, Lord of Casterly Rock, Shield of Lannisport and Warden of the West