Author Topic: What would you like to see?  (Read 19688 times)

bcw81

• Helper
Re: What would you like to see?
« Reply #25 on: August 28, 2014, 06:09:27 AM »
Clayworks - Ability to make stuff with clay.

I think that might require a hard coded still.
Honestly, it can be melded into stoneworking without much fuss.

A female voice says, in sirihish:
     "] yer a wizard, oashi"

icewindsong

« Reply #26 on: August 28, 2014, 07:17:20 AM »
Post moderated by Valeria.  Please see Adhira's original post and stay on topic.  Thanks!
« Last Edit: August 28, 2014, 07:58:38 AM by valeria »

valeria

• I have a writing blog.
« Reply #27 on: August 28, 2014, 08:02:45 AM »
I've also moved a post out of this thread and given it it's own thread here.  Please stay on topic.  Thanks!
Retired from playing, but probably still lurking around somewhere.

Oh and I have a writing blog.

Lizzie

« Reply #28 on: August 28, 2014, 08:08:15 AM »
I like the idea of clayworks. And no it has nothing to do with having a still - not sure where that came from. It's also not stonework, because you're not cutting stone or shaping stone. You're taking the equivalent of finely ground mud, shaping it, and setting it out to dry. Then tossing it in a hot oven to bake it further. Called "pottery" everywhere else but you don't have to only make pots, you can make jewelry, plates, cups and saucers, sanding tools, knife sharpeners, stucco wall surfaces, mud huts, all sorts of things, most of which are very Zalanthan in nature.

Since Adhira isn't looking for more code, but rather just objects, I'd say - any objects that require clay as the main ingredient would be great, as long as it fits within the current list of crafting skills. And maybe at some point they could add a "clayworks" skill and switch all those clay-made objects over to need that skill, and add pottery to the list of craftables at that point.

NPCs: I'd love to see the code that causes duplicates after crashes get fixed before we add new NPCs to the game. Just the other week I bugged one NPC that had duplicated itself to around a dozen, all within a 6-block area in the city. And no, it wasn't a soldier. It was an NPC with a unique description. Once that's fixed, then I'd like to see another elf who hides and sneaks around Luir's like there used to be, one or two in the Bazaar in Allanak, another one in a market in Tuluk.

I'll third a shop in Tuluk that buys semi-precious and precious stones and any magick components that would have reason to pass for "mundane" purposes - such as statues and pendants of that ilk. I had a character who used to wear a pendant because it was very pretty, and she was mundane and had no reason to know it was a component. Surely there's a market for stuff like that among the mundane characters who wouldn't know better (even if their players do).
Talia said: Notice to all: Do not mess with Lizzie's GDB. She will cut you.
Delirium said: Notice to all: do not mess with Lizzie's soap. She will cut you.

valeria

• I have a writing blog.
« Reply #29 on: August 28, 2014, 08:23:52 AM »
Crappy tools made out of crappy objects.  Things no one would mastercraft, but are fun for roleplay.  A tattered piece of sandcloth instead of sunslits, a piece of sharp stone instead of a straightening wrench, a sharply pointed rock instead of an awl, etc.

More mundane, low-quality craftable things made out of common materials.  Especially for crafts that are hard to get started in.

Red Ranger

« Reply #30 on: August 28, 2014, 09:13:17 AM »
Essentially, things that really immerse oneself in the creed, lifestyle and nature of, say, Allanak or Tuluk.

Totally agree with Zoan.
There is a tool for every task, and a task for every tool.
-Tywin Lannister, Lord of Casterly Rock, Shield of Lannisport and Warden of the West

Kevo

« Reply #31 on: August 28, 2014, 09:31:25 AM »
Crappy tools made out of crappy objects.  Things no one would mastercraft, but are fun for roleplay.  A tattered piece of sandcloth instead of sunslits, a piece of sharp stone instead of a straightening wrench, a sharply pointed rock instead of an awl, etc.

More mundane, low-quality craftable things made out of common materials.  Especially for crafts that are hard to get started in.

This, and a lot more salvageable objects to go with the new assortment of low, quality items as their components. More makeup/warpaint/perfume style items that are limited use, for instance a glass shiv made from a broken shot glass that breaks after X hits, a knotted ring made from a piece of cloth that eventually breaks.

More interactive toys. Forage-able rats, cockroaches and other vermin in the cities for scavengers...... Not to eat though, more like AS the interactive toys.  ;)
In Zalanthas, people don't dig graves with shovels, they dig them with their own tongues.

Reiloth

• Corpse Pose: B&W Film Photography
« Reply #32 on: August 28, 2014, 11:00:19 AM »
New Cooking recipes, especially in the lower end of cooking.
"You will have useful work: the destruction of evil men. What work could be more useful? This is Beyond; you will find that your work is never done -- So therefore you may never know a life of peace."

~Jack Vance~

Barsook

• Helper
    • The Sense of Openness
« Reply #33 on: August 28, 2014, 11:07:41 AM »
I'll third a shop in Tuluk that buys semi-precious and precious stones[...].

And maybe a shop for stone-crafted objects.

Nyr

• Red Fangs
« Reply #34 on: August 28, 2014, 11:28:30 AM »
Just make submissions open.

In effect allow everyone to send in any description of an item/npc/texty thing they would like to see in the world. And just pick and chose. Give credit when something might be implemented that's not to spoilery. And then you'll have a big reservoir of npc descriptions/items and so on you can go pick and chose from when you need/feel in the mood.

/end of thread

There's such a big gap between what could possibly be contributed and what might be implemented as an actual staff submissions call that it's unlikely a wide-open "submit whatever you want, we'll use it if it fits a future project" call will actually match up material with the future need...until the future need is defined.

I think this kind of thread is a good step in the right direction.  It gives me as a staffer the chance to see what players want, and if I'm staffing that area, I can determine "hey, does this make sense?  Do I have time to slot this in?  Given that players are wanting to do the work for it, how much effort would it be for me/this team?  Cool, let's see about fleshing out a proposal!"  And so on.
Paint on a mustache and be a dude for a day. Stuff some melons down my shirt, cinch up a corset and pass as a girl.

With appropriate roleplay of course.

Marauder Moe

« Reply #35 on: August 28, 2014, 11:39:29 AM »
I would like more wearable, open/closeable, non-backpack containers.

Things like bandoleers that you wear on the waist, messenger bags that sling over the shoulder, and some more easily available pouched belts.

In general, it would be nice if backpacks were more optional, used just by those who truly carry a lot of stuff around.

Gimfalisette

« Reply #36 on: August 28, 2014, 12:17:40 PM »
-- A more 3D feel to lots of areas in the game world, but particularly the cities. Rooftops (that you can see off of), climb spots, more balconies, just more intricacy. This is good for explorers, it's good for anyone who wants to get off the street and perch somewhere to hang out, it's good for soldiers who are chasing fugitives, it's good for fugitives.

-- More NPC talk scripts.

-- More NPCs doing stuff like emoting and talking, especially in any of the markets.

-- Move the Byn compound to a spot off Caravan. This would make "Bynner with a social life" a more viable role since they'd be close enough to the Gaj to go there at night, as well as reduce gathering/travel time whenever a Byn leader wants to take a unit out of the city.
I'm gonna go all Gimfalisette on you guys and lay down some numbers.

Norcal

• Helper
« Reply #37 on: August 28, 2014, 12:31:58 PM »

This is needed. Given the prevalent use of stone as a crafting/building material..it seems that it should have a lot more importance in game.  Their needs to be more items you can craft from the various types of stone, and different types of stone. Some only available in the south..some only in the north.

Also: Stone quarries!  With caves and such.
I voted and staff let my c-elf ride skimmers and pilot a wagon.

Molten Heart

« Reply #38 on: August 28, 2014, 01:26:55 PM »
Jewelrymaking - General and simple crafts using various documented gemstones such as diamond, rubies, emeralds, sapphires, spinels, aventurine, tourmaline, sunstone, beryl, moss agate, lapis lazuli, and more. These would be basic, polished pieces of jewelry that wouldn't in any capacity compete with the Clans that should have supremacy in such fields. It would be cool if said items reflected their lower quality in having cracks and flaws or other imperfections.

Tiktak beat me toot his.  I was surprised at the lack of crafting recipes there are for these.  They could be utilized for jewelry objects but also clothing, weapons and armor.

Norcal

• Helper
« Reply #39 on: August 28, 2014, 01:45:37 PM »
Jewelrymaking - General and simple crafts using various documented gemstones such as diamond, rubies, emeralds, sapphires, spinels, aventurine, tourmaline, sunstone, beryl, moss agate, lapis lazuli, and more. These would be basic, polished pieces of jewelry that wouldn't in any capacity compete with the Clans that should have supremacy in such fields. It would be cool if said items reflected their lower quality in having cracks and flaws or other imperfections.

Tiktak beat me toot his.  I was surprised at the lack of crafting recipes there are for these.  They could be utilized for jewelry objects but also clothing, weapons and armor.
+1!!!!

Delirium

• Helper
« Reply #40 on: August 28, 2014, 02:11:34 PM »
A focus on making at least one (non clanned) craft for everything out there. Including gortok teeth...

A focus on lots more lower/middle quality crafts to combat the feature creep of OMG FANCY DIAMOND ENCRUSTED STUFF.

Salvage/junk merchants who will buy everything and anything for extremely crappy prices, and they resell stuff quickly too (high VNPC sales). Like maybe the most they'd pay for anything is 20 sid, but they will buy and sell anything.
"Our whole lives are just stories." - Vikings

Barsook

• Helper
    • The Sense of Openness
« Reply #41 on: August 28, 2014, 03:30:15 PM »

Some only available in the south..some only in the north.

I think both of the shops need to sell stones/gems that one can't get from that region instead of all types of stone/gem.

Norcal

• Helper
« Reply #42 on: August 28, 2014, 06:03:09 PM »

Some only available in the south..some only in the north.

I think both of the shops need to sell stones/gems that one can't get from that region instead of all types of stone/gem.

Yes. I was meaning that you could only dig certain kinds in certain regions.

Voular

« Reply #43 on: August 28, 2014, 06:21:31 PM »
A focus on making at least one (non clanned) craft for everything out there. Including gortok teeth...

A focus on lots more lower/middle quality crafts to combat the feature creep of OMG FANCY DIAMOND ENCRUSTED STUFF.

Salvage/junk merchants who will buy everything and anything for extremely crappy prices, and they resell stuff quickly too (high VNPC sales). Like maybe the most they'd pay for anything is 20 sid, but they will buy and sell anything.

Yes. Very much yes.
Modern concepts of fair trials and justice are simply nonexistent in Zalanthas. If you are accused, you are guilty until someone important decides you might be useful. It doesn't really matter if you did it or not.

valeria

• I have a writing blog.
« Reply #44 on: August 28, 2014, 06:47:41 PM »
I've gone through this thread again with the Moderation Wand(tm).  This is not a general wishlist thread or the thread to ask for game changes.  I have moved your wishlish posts here.

This is a brainstorming thread, what would YOU like to see staff take submissions for? What's missing from the game or needs more work? We're talking objects and NPCs here, not code.

To help hone what you're looking at. Migratory patterns and more alive ecosystems are great, but also driven by code.

I'm looking for thoughts on what players might be able to help us build, objects and NPC type categories, that we can put up calls for submissions for.

If your idea does not involve objects, NPCs, (I suppose rooms) and other things that staff could take submissions for, this is not the thread for your ideas.  Please keep it on topic! 

LauraMars

• Helper
« Reply #45 on: August 28, 2014, 08:03:47 PM »
More tattoos and tattoo artists!
Child, child, if you come to this doomed house, what is to save you?

if you steal my threesome idea i will give your PC a reason to wear that reward scar o yes

Riev

« Reply #46 on: August 28, 2014, 08:04:12 PM »
Build more room descs that take time of day into account.
Masks are the Armageddon equivalent of Ed Hardy shirts.

HavokBlue

• Helper
« Reply #47 on: August 28, 2014, 08:11:42 PM »
More poor/damaged/common clothes (although it looks like this is already happening!)

More sheath/scabbard item. No attached swordbelts or baldrics, just hangable on belts. This allows for the realism of scabbards while maintaining the weird code balance rule about additional weapon slots.
All the world will be your enemy. When they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you; digger, listener, runner, Prince with the swift warning. Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed.

Yseulte

« Reply #48 on: August 28, 2014, 08:41:18 PM »
Submissions to see that shop-stock rotates with more random-ness, effectively giving the game's economy unpredictability in a breath-and-bone sort of manner such as Kadius/Salarr shops.
“Be patient and tough; someday this pain will be useful to you.” - Ovid

manonfire

« Reply #49 on: August 28, 2014, 09:20:45 PM »
I wasn't aware adding scripts to NPCs and rebuilding cities constitutes a code change, but alright.