Author Topic: Connection Problems  (Read 808 times)

slatefox

Connection Problems
« on: July 19, 2014, 08:44:28 PM »
Is Armageddon having problems keeping particular connections open?

A while ago, I connected with MUSHClient and entered a tavern with some other players.  I was immediatelly disconnected, and found I counldn't reconnect.  ('Unable to connect, code = 10061, connection refused)

I tried to use the web client, and it said Socket Error, and later, Security Error.

I use a VPN for various personal reasons, so I turned that off and that didn't fix the connection problem.  I figured the game must have gone down, but after a few minutes, I was able to log in and found that it seems to have only been me.  When I logged back in, I had been 'teleported' to a nearby quit-safe room automatically. 

A while later, I was disconnected again, with the same symtoms, while out in the wilderness.  :(  When I logged back in, it appeared that my character MAY have experienced some 'snapback', appearing in a room I had passed earlier.

Is there anything I can do on my end to minimize this issue?

valeria

• I have a writing page.
Re: Connection Problems
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2014, 08:57:35 PM »
The game has crashed a couple times.  There's nothing you can do on your end (unless you think you're causing the crashes).
A Kuraci regular shouts, in sirihish:
     "Bad move, fool!"
A Kuraci regular slashes a filthy grey rat on its body.

Lizzie

« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2014, 08:59:47 PM »
It's definitely the game. It's rebooted a few times already in the last hour.
Talia said: Notice to all: Do not mess with Lizzie's GDB. She will cut you.
Delirium said: Notice to all: do not mess with Lizzie's soap. She will cut you.

WanderingOoze

« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2014, 09:18:03 PM »
I was wondering if it was just me....glad to know its not
The Ooze is strong with this one

You are our official hammer, Ooze.

Malachi 2:3

slvrmoontiger

« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2014, 10:33:15 AM »
Just thought it might be helpful to post this so people who might not realize will know in the future.

If you get disconnected because of a game crash you'll know because when you log in you'll have to choose e (Enter Zalanthas) from the main menu once you've logged in. If its due to latency or connection issues as soon as you log in you'll get a message saying Reconnecting.... and you'll be in Zalanthas.

Usually people RP around crashes. Like saying you're wandering around or going in circles because you're lost/not paying attention/drunk etc... Crashes are just another fun way to RP things. Or some people/situations decide that you just restart from where ever you were when the game crashed. Situation varies I suppose.
I am unable to respond to PMs sent on the GDB. If you want to send me something, please send it to my email.

Barsook

• The Sense of Openness
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2014, 05:43:21 PM »
"Reconnected", is the real message.

slvrmoontiger

« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2014, 06:34:27 PM »
My mistake, Recconnected it is.

Thank you Barsook!
I am unable to respond to PMs sent on the GDB. If you want to send me something, please send it to my email.