mushclient help

Started by aka, July 11, 2014, 06:48:33 PM

Anyone know mushclient and can tell me how to set it up to work? I installed it and tried both tcip addresses, tried no auto connect and auto connect diki with %name% and password as both my account name and char name, made custom rules in bit defender fire wall to allow access, still every attempt fails. The browser client works fine of course, but would like to use something a bit more powerful.

thanks in advance :)

p.s. love the game wish I'd found it 20 yrs ago

Here's how I have it:

File> World Properties >IP Address:

In the World Name: Armageddon
In TCP/IP address: armageddon.org
Port Number: 4050
Proxy Server: Type: None
(doesn't matter what port it is, I'm not using a proxy server)

File>World Properties> Connecting:
No Auto Connect. Everything else is blank.

Logging, timers, and chat - all blank, not set.

That should be all you need to get in. You would have to open the world, the world is Armageddon (which is in a file). It'll connect, then bring you to the first menu where you can connect to your account.

IF you aren't able to get the game client to load, then you're trying to load it from the wrong place on your computer. You have to have the subdirectory on your desktop, and you have to open it from that subdirectory.

The file you need to open is Mushclient (the application).
On the subdirectory for MUSHClient, you'll see a bunch of sub-subdirectories, then:
Dina
Example_filters.lua
license
lua5.1.dll
mushclient.cnt
MUSHClient
(and a bunch of stuff after that).
You want that MUSHClient one.

Talia said: Notice to all: Do not mess with Lizzie's GDB. She will cut you.
Delirium said: Notice to all: do not mess with Lizzie's soap. She will cut you.

worked like a charm :)

Thanks

Welcome to Armageddon!

There's a couple of posts around here with MUSHClient triggers and colors and other Arm-specific settings available, I think Armaddict is the one who's done all the work on it. If that kind of thing interests you, you could do a GDB search on MUSHClient and find a heap of useful info.
Talia said: Notice to all: Do not mess with Lizzie's GDB. She will cut you.
Delirium said: Notice to all: do not mess with Lizzie's soap. She will cut you.