NPCs stop roaming?

Started by CodeMaster, June 26, 2014, 01:07:27 PM

Immediately after a reboot, many NPCs will be wandering around, moving from room to room.  Why do they stop doing this after some amount of time has elapsed?  A known bug?  for efficiency?  to make "hunt" more reliable for finding PCs, especially in cities?  other reasons?

Except for, of course, the NPCs with deliberate scripts that appear to trigger on time.
The neat, clean-shaven man sends you a telepathic message:
     "I tried hairy...Im sorry"

Some do have scripts, but if you find that you think it shouldn't have, bug it in game with a bug command.
Fredd-
i love being a nobles health points

Other events have the ability to interrupt an npc's scripts. Violent acts come to mind.
Useful tips: Commands |  |Storytelling:  1  2

I should clarify:

I meant non-scripted NPCs (including things like scrabs) will move around after a reboot.  A couple hours a later, they appear stationary.

Another example is things like wandering merchants in Allanak's bazaar.  Immediately aAfter a reboot, they wander all over the bazaar.  A couple hours later, they're in their fixed positions until the next go 'round.
The neat, clean-shaven man sends you a telepathic message:
     "I tried hairy...Im sorry"

could be the intent of the script. a way for the merchant to decide on a random spot to set up and stay for that... reboot. Easier than randomly selecting room ID #'s I guess?
Useful tips: Commands |  |Storytelling:  1  2