Forage, echos, am I doing it wrong?

Started by rodic, May 26, 2014, 10:47:42 AM

So, I'm trying to forage a particular resource

Yet the echo I get seems like I doing something wrong.

Like for example when you forage salt, the echo you get back is usually
You look around, but don't find any salt.

But if you misspell it
your echo becomes
It seems that 'slat' cannot be found here.

The thing I'm foraging, according to the help file... can be foraged, but I keep getting the echo like I misspelling it, or like its unforagable. (sorry very being vague no sure whats kosher to reveal what my character is trying to forage)
Example: It seems that 'thing' cannot be found here.
As opposed to: You look around, but don't find any thing.

So I guess my question here is, is it normal to get the "thing" cannot be found here when failing a forage, or is some forage locations obviously completely dependent on location. (Like salt, but still I get the first echo when in an area clearly lacking salt).

Thanks in advance, if you need clarification I will provide.

"Commander, I always used to consider that you had a definite anti-authoritarian streak in you."
"Sir?"
"It seems that you have managed to retain this even though you are authority."
"Sir?"
"That's practically zen."
― Terry Pratchett, Feet of Clay

If it says you can't find something in a location, and you know you typed it right, and didn't misspell it ...  Then, yeah, you can't find that something in that location.

I may be incorrect, and someone can correct me, but...

QuoteIt seems that 'thing' cannot be found here.

Is the echo if your are, for example, looking for a urinal in the women's bathroom.  You can't find that here.

QuoteYou look around, but don't find any thing.

Would be the echo for when you are in a place where you should be able to find "thing", but failed your forage check.
Quote from: BadSkeelz
Ah well you should just kill those PCs. They're not worth the time of plotting creatively against.

Quote from: whitt on May 26, 2014, 10:53:30 AM
I may be incorrect, and someone can correct me, but...

QuoteIt seems that 'thing' cannot be found here.

Is the echo if your are, for example, looking for a urinal in the women's bathroom.  You can't find that here.

QuoteYou look around, but don't find any thing.

Would be the echo for when you are in a place where you should be able to find "thing", but failed your forage check.

This is correct.

-FW
Quote from: Twilight on January 22, 2013, 08:17:47 PMGreb - To scavenge, forage, and if Whira is with you, loot the dead.
Grebber - One who grebs.

Thanks everyone!
"Commander, I always used to consider that you had a definite anti-authoritarian streak in you."
"Sir?"
"It seems that you have managed to retain this even though you are authority."
"Sir?"
"That's practically zen."
― Terry Pratchett, Feet of Clay