Seven prongs, five prongs...what's a couple of prongs between Houses?

Started by Nyr, May 22, 2014, 04:26:54 PM

The history page is updated with the events of this past weekend's RPT.  I think we caught all relevant helpfile updates that were noteworthy.  This thread is for discussion, questions, etc., as this is fairly close to the end of the "IC" adjustments in Tuluk.

Quote from: http://www.armageddon.org/world/chronology.php1634 (Year 17 Age 22)
In an unprecedented utilization of shadow artistry, Houses Winrothol and Tenneshi band together to outfit a heavily armed contingent to assault House Uaptal's Estate, slaying most that reside within. Shortly thereafter, the Templarate and Legion both secure the former library assets of House Negean and establish heavy patrols of the Noble's Quarter. After a brief lull, the Triumvirate meets, abolishing the previous edicts to allow the nobility to govern vast swaths of the city-state directly. House Tenneshi is granted the assets of Uaptal having to do with natural resources, and House Winrothol is granted the assets of House Uaptal having to do with the breeding and sale of beasts of burden. House Kassigarh is granted writs to liquidate and secure loaned property to the former House Uaptal, and the financier House emerges as the new premier House in Tuluk.
Quote from: LauraMars on December 15, 2016, 08:17:36 PMPaint on a mustache and be a dude for a day. Stuff some melons down my shirt, cinch up a corset and pass as a girl.

With appropriate roleplay of course.

Would your average Tuluki citizen understand any of this, and if so, how would they feel about it? Would it change anything in their day-to-day life?

(I'm talking mostly about House Kassigarh becoming the new premier House in Tuluk).
"When I was a fighting man, the kettle-drums they beat;
The people scattered gold-dust before my horse's feet;
But now I am a great king, the people hound my track
With poison in my wine-cup, and daggers at my back."

I don't know, I think you need a PC Kassigarh noble to have something.  Or something like that on the staff side.  To get some Tuluk playerbase reactions.

Well, I was thinking this for awhile now but it seems that Tuluk and it's noble houses have some redundancy in duties within in the city.  I hate to say this but I think it may be the right move to do but it will reduce some of the between houses conflict.
Fredd-
i love being a nobles health points

The average Tuluki citizen probably doesn't know what to think about a House being eradicated, and this time, not by something the templarate did.  Shock would be a reasonable response.  It is known, by the way--this isn't something hidden from view, it was in plain sight.  There's no official cover story for it, it simply "was".  Therefore it may be that a Tuluki citizen would take away that the Sun King respects the might of the Houses with might, and turns his face away from those Houses that prove to be inadequate.  Maybe they believe the whole thing was orchestrated for other reasons. 

Kassigarh being the new premier House:  this doesn't change much in the average Tuluki citizen's life.  House rankings mean a lot to Houses, but the actual tangible benefits  of rankings are nebulous and behind the scenes at this point for most (if not all) PCs.  The reasons for these rankings, at least, usually are more obvious, or could be with some detective work.  It's usually never mentioned on the history page; it is noteworthy here due to it being the only time that a House that wasn't Winrothol or Tenneshi became the premier house.
Quote from: LauraMars on December 15, 2016, 08:17:36 PMPaint on a mustache and be a dude for a day. Stuff some melons down my shirt, cinch up a corset and pass as a girl.

Quote from: Barsook on May 22, 2014, 04:36:15 PMI hate to say this but I think it may be the right move to do but it will reduce some of the between houses conflict.

Or set the stage for a fairly clean slate for the majority of Houses, allowing us to focus on revamping their documentation.

Considering noble houses don't like each other very much, I don't think you have to worry about reducing conflict.

How widespread is this news ICly speaking? Would people outside of Tuluk be aware of this virtually? (Keeping in touch with virtual family over the way for instance)
"You will have useful work: the destruction of evil men. What work could be more useful? This is Beyond; you will find that your work is never done -- So therefore you may never know a life of peace."

~Jack Vance~

It's up to you to determine whether your character would or should know this information.  It isn't being actively suppressed or anything.  If it's a question of whether an Allanaki commoner would know it, the answer is probably "no, unless someone told them," but it's also not as though we'll go around checking on it.

It also seems like the kind of thing that people wouldn't be gabbing about to non-citizens, so it may trickle slowly to Allanak, but it probably wouldn't be spreading like wildfire. It also seems like something very Tuluki, so Allanaki citizenry may not even understand what the blazes is going on.r

Thanks, Nyr!
"You will have useful work: the destruction of evil men. What work could be more useful? This is Beyond; you will find that your work is never done -- So therefore you may never know a life of peace."

~Jack Vance~

"So, my friend that trades obsidian up north says that two Tuluki noble houses killed off another noble house."

Choose your response:

A) "... Who the fuck cares?"

B) "Oh, hey, so Tuluk actually survived the Battle of Tyn Dashra then. My dad was in that battle. He's a corporal, you know. I know I keep mentioning it, but I really want everyone I know to know about it, you know? I mean, who wouldn't?"

C) "He's trading up north, huh? You think he'll bring back some northern booze?"

D) *laughter* "Fuckin' hilarious, they're just a bunch of animals, aren't they? You'd never hear about that down 'ere."

E) "Vennant, gimme a' ale."

F) "Huh... okay, well, whatever, but hey, was it really brutal and bloody and shit?"

G) "You know what they -should- have done, was throw a 'gicker in that shit, that way all three houses would have gone down! Hahaha!"

H) Barbarians have nobles? That's like slapping a dress on a plague-rat and calling it a highclass whore, ain't it?
Quote from: Twilight on January 22, 2013, 08:17:47 PMGreb - To scavenge, forage, and if Whira is with you, loot the dead.
Grebber - One who grebs.

Quote from: FantasyWriter on May 23, 2014, 08:01:32 PM
H) Barbarians have nobles? That's like slapping a dress on a plague-rat and calling it a highclass whore, ain't it?

The WINNER!
Two dwarves get into a small fist-fray over who owns a pile of dung at the roadside.

You think:
     "Get your shit together"

I) Let me know when House Kryl takes over Tuluk. Now -that- would be interesting.
Useful tips: Commands |  |Storytelling:  1  2

All the world will be your enemy. When they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you; digger, listener, runner, Prince with the swift warning. Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed.

Any person wishing to do business in a City, would likely wish to be in the know - of which Houses were on top and which weren't.

Like Nyr mentioned, these facts aren't advertised, but, they're not actively suppressed either.

One just needs to ask the right people, and find out the answers IG.
The figure in a dark hooded cloak says in rinthi-accented Sirihish, 'Winrothol Tor Fale?'