Not able to wear something?

Started by Novek, March 25, 2014, 10:48:40 AM

I'm fairly new and have had an issue since I started, I bought a dusky chitin wrist-guard from a trader and want it on my left forearm, but for some reason when I try and wear it I get the message; "A dusky chitin wrist-guard is too large for you to wear." and yet I've seen other humans wearing it.

Quote from: Novek on March 25, 2014, 10:48:40 AM
I'm fairly new and have had an issue since I started, I bought a dusky chitin wrist-guard from a trader and want it on my left forearm, but for some reason when I try and wear it I get the message; "A dusky chitin wrist-guard is too large for you to wear." and yet I've seen other humans wearing it.

You have to get it tailored at an armor tailor in order for it to be in your "size". (This happens sometimes if a dwarf owned this item before you, for example. It is currently "dwarf-sized".)

Go to your local tailor, if you are in Allanak it is common knowledge the tailor would be one "square" north of the Salarri armor seller in the bazaar.

All you do is:

offer dusky

He will tell you how long it will take to tailor your wrist guard, and how much it will cost.

Then:

tailor dusky

He will take your wrist guard and give you a ticket. Hold onto this ticket. Come back in a little while (usually about half a RL hour) and:

offer ticket (with coins in your inventory)

He will take your ticket and give you your wrist guard. It should fit now.

Enjoy.
Quote from: James de Monet on April 09, 2015, 01:54:57 AM
My phone now autocorrects "damn" to Dman.
Quote from: deathkamon on November 14, 2015, 12:29:56 AM
The young daughter has been filled.

Welcome to Armageddon!

When an item is too large (or small) to wear, it means you need to get it resized. There is an armor repair shop in Allanak and Tuluk that also handles armor resizing. You can go to one of these shops, type 'offer wrist' to see how much it will cost to resize and how long it will take, and 'tailor wrist' to put it in for resizing. You will get a ticket that you can then offer after the allotted time has passed, provided you have the coins.

Also, when you use the "view" command in shops to look at specific items, you will see if an item is too large, small or heavy for you, or otherwise impossible for you to use in one way or another. You can also use the 'assess -v' command on items in your inventory to see the same thing.

Welcome to Arm!

Definitely need to tailor. In the future though if the merchant has a large quantity of the item (meaning that the merchant's house makes the item usually) you can try to buy said item for your race. Now if you're particularly small or large for your race it may still need to be tailored.

Command for buying for a specific race would be: buy <item> <merchant> <race>

Good luck and have fun.
I am unable to respond to PMs sent on the GDB. If you want to send me something, please send it to my email.

But it only works when there is more than one of that item.
Fredd-
i love being a nobles health points