Red Storm Family Role Call!

Started by Yousuff, February 06, 2014, 05:22:16 PM

No problem.  We can add some more details on the procedure afterwards so that if you happen to be new to the whole thing...you will know how it is usually done!
Quote from: LauraMars on December 15, 2016, 08:17:36 PMPaint on a mustache and be a dude for a day. Stuff some melons down my shirt, cinch up a corset and pass as a girl.

With appropriate roleplay of course.

Hey guys,

Thought I might step in as I was the staff member who approved this family application:

I always request players have their prospective family members send in role applications as it makes it very easy for us to collect the accounts and PCs associated with a given family through the request tool.

In this case I didn't fully explain the process of how to post on the GDB to get more players - sorry Yousuff!

Question on this - it's not about this specific role, but it's about the process.

After sending a role request via the request tool, do we -also- go through chargen and actually create the character and put in a line like "pending role request approval" on the bio?

Or do we need to wait until the request is approved, and -then- submit the app in-game, and wait for the in-game app approval to play it?

And, if we need to wait, and then submit, is the role request something that'd take a matter of hours/days, or is it a low priority like a special app, or is it somewhere inbetween, like an extended subguild (matter of days to possibly a couple of weeks)?

No complaints about the process, just seeking clarification and what the players should (and should not) expect.
Talia said: Notice to all: Do not mess with Lizzie's GDB. She will cut you.
Delirium said: Notice to all: do not mess with Lizzie's soap. She will cut you.

Hate bumping things, but just here to say this is still here! :)

Maybe you could tell us your playtimes?

Not that I think this should be too much of a concern if any... I had a family role once and I never even saw one of the other guys. Didn't mind it a bit.

Maybe you'll get lucky and X-D or someone else like that will take up a slot.

I am unable to send you a PM for some really odd reason. It says it can't find Yousuff as a member.

Like, you can't access their profile to send a PM? I just tried and could...
Case: he's more likely to shoot up a mcdonalds for selling secret obama sauce on its big macs
Kismet: didn't see you in GQ homey
BadSkeelz: Whatever you say, Kim Jong Boog
Quote from: Tuannon
There is only one boog.

Like I tried to send a PM and it won't let me send the PM to him.

Send them an email, then!
Case: he's more likely to shoot up a mcdonalds for selling secret obama sauce on its big macs
Kismet: didn't see you in GQ homey
BadSkeelz: Whatever you say, Kim Jong Boog
Quote from: Tuannon
There is only one boog.

I've hit the weirdest bug or something... Whenever I try to log in, it says my account is awaiting 'Admin approval'  ??? Can't log in. Maybe send me it here? Hate making an alternate for this

Quote from: yousuff1 on February 14, 2014, 07:08:50 PM
I've hit the weirdest bug or something... Whenever I try to log in, it says my account is awaiting 'Admin approval'  ??? Can't log in. Maybe send me it here? Hate making an alternate for this

This can happen if an IP you log in from is ever flagged as spam.
Quote from: LauraMars on December 15, 2016, 08:17:36 PMPaint on a mustache and be a dude for a day. Stuff some melons down my shirt, cinch up a corset and pass as a girl.

Well that's a distinct possibility :) My IP address changes quite frequently. Oh well. I'll stick with this account for now. Any takers? Two people have pm'd me, expressing an interest but nothing came of it.

Quote from: yousuff1 on February 19, 2014, 05:27:20 PM
Well that's a distinct possibility :) My IP address changes quite frequently. Oh well. I'll stick with this account for now. Any takers? Two people have pm'd me, expressing an interest but nothing came of it.

Your IP address changing isn't an issue; your IP address being continually associated with a proxy that is used for spam IS an issue.  You'll keep getting removed from the GDB.

I would apply for this role if I could guarantee steady play times and if I didn't have something in mind already. Looks sweet. Hope someone fills it.

Sent an email expressing my interest with a concept outline since pm's weren't working.