Submissions

Started by telamon, December 12, 2013, 03:45:15 AM

Ok... so I'm retrying the same PC app for a 4th time now, and I just don't seem to be getting it.  My background is either cut off or lost when I submit it, and same goes for my description.  Is it a client thing?  Anyone else have these issues?

First it might be helpful to inform what client you are using.

The other thing I would urge you to do is make sure you specifically count the characters you have per line. It cannot be over 80 characters per line. Make sure if you are using Zmud you end it per the directions in the text editor or it might be a problem. You can also auto-format down to the 80 characters by using .f I believe. Make sure it saves and you verify it has and make sure when you submit it that you log out completely and don't log in until you receive an email. I've never had any of these problems before and never heard of anyone else having them either.

Last if worst comes to worst submit a request, the staff are really great at resolving problems like this.
I am unable to respond to PMs sent on the GDB. If you want to send me something, please send it to my email.

The mistake some people have made in the past is attempting to type the entire background/description, copy and paste it, and submit it in one entry. You're actually supposed to enter it into the application line by line, where it will be autoformatted to make a solid paragraph!

Also, welcome to Armageddon!...Almost.  :)

I think I write it out in Notepad, don't go over one line before ENTER.( Or is it three lines we're allowed?) Copy and paste bits to a word/character counter where necessary.
And then I think it's always worked copying and pasting the block of text over.
What's fact, and what's fancy, I'm not sure.
There are other  posts somewhere about all this. :-\

I don't know as long as I do full carriage returns in gedit I can copy and paste everything and mudlet puts the enters in. I've had like 8 lines go in fine without any problems.
I am unable to respond to PMs sent on the GDB. If you want to send me something, please send it to my email.

Thanks. Got it to work. Using Gmud, entered it line by line.

Gmud's pretty bad, and really old. I think the standard nowadays is cMud or MUSHclient, both of which are excellent.

Or Mudlet.
Fredd-
i love being a nobles health points

Mudlet is very good.