So about those Tuluki tattoos...

Started by Nyr, October 26, 2013, 07:28:48 PM

Quote from: Nyr on October 30, 2013, 08:40:17 AM
Quote from: evilcabbage on October 30, 2013, 02:01:33 AM
It is WELL PUBLICIZED in documentation and stories that were visible on the GDB (and I think still are) that Muk can see the future, that he -has- psionic powers.

It's actually not well-publicized in documentation.  Just in staff-created stories that may or may not be exactly accurate, meant to reveal some things in a fun way.

... Er... well... it was well publicized on the GDB in stories...
Quote from: Adhira on January 01, 2014, 07:15:46 PM
I could give a shit about wholesome.

Quote from: evilcabbage on October 30, 2013, 03:51:27 PM
Quote from: slvrmoontiger on October 30, 2013, 01:15:47 PM
It is WELL PUBLICIZED in documentation and stories that were visible on the GDB (and I think still are) that Muk can see the future, that he -has- psionic powers. I mean, during the WHOLE THING, there's a story on the arm website about a PSIONIC BLAST OF ENERGY erupting out of the pyramid before the defenders charge out to kill the Mantis invaders. So. Warrior-mage? I think not.

Umm power to see the future and psionic powers don't mean the same thing? Even in RL just because someone can "see" the future or has foreknowledge of future events doesn't mean they can read minds or figure stuff out psionically. Don't see where you are getting these two things are connected.

Please reread the entire thing you just quoted where Muk Utep released a blast of psionic energy and then a big rush of mutants and shit charged out and attacked the Mantis invaders during their occupation of Tuluk.

There's nothing that says Muk Utep did that, and you're derailing this thread anyway.
Quote from: LauraMars on December 15, 2016, 08:17:36 PMPaint on a mustache and be a dude for a day. Stuff some melons down my shirt, cinch up a corset and pass as a girl.

With appropriate roleplay of course.

Muk Utep can do whatever he wants, ask anyone in Tuluk.
"It's too hot in the hottub!"

-James Brown

https://youtu.be/ZCOSPtyZAPA

It is WELL PUBLICIZED in documentation and stories that were visible on the GDB (and I think still are) that Muk can see the future, that he -has- psionic powers. I mean, during the WHOLE THING, there's a story on the arm website about a PSIONIC BLAST OF ENERGY erupting out of the pyramid before the defenders charge out to kill the Mantis invaders. So. Warrior-mage? I think not.

Umm power to see the future and psionic powers don't mean the same thing? Even in RL just because someone can "see" the future or has foreknowledge of future events doesn't mean they can read minds or figure stuff out psionically. Don't see where you are getting these two things are connected.

Please reread the entire thing you just quoted where Muk Utep released a blast of psionic energy and then a big rush of mutants and shit charged out and attacked the Mantis invaders during their occupation of Tuluk.

Oh right, you were there I presume so you know this is fact and not just stories passed down over time? Remember stories have a habit of becoming quite distorted over time. Try playing the game telephone a couple times and you'll see how things can get distorted.
I am unable to respond to PMs sent on the GDB. If you want to send me something, please send it to my email.

October 30, 2013, 05:12:15 PM #80 Last Edit: October 30, 2013, 05:41:00 PM by Molten Heart
Quote from: slvrmoontiger on October 30, 2013, 04:56:40 PM

Oh right, you were there I presume so you know this is fact and not just stories passed down over time? Remember stories have a habit of becoming quite distorted over time. Try playing the game telephone a couple times and you'll see how things can get distorted.

I think this might be what evilcabbage is talking about.

-James Brown

What if everyone born after a particular year ends simply doesn't get inked with the band?

I approve of this mostly because I'm tired of people rping looking at my neck to see if I have the tattoo, due to an OOC-based convenience in which players usually decide to put it on their pcs' necks.

More tattoos, specific to Tuluki-ish things like glory in war or something would be neat too.

Like a particular tattoo you can only get if you fought against Allanaki forces, or if you were part of a force that killed an abomination.
Eat your fries with mayonnaise next time

Quote from: i love toilets on October 31, 2013, 11:47:13 AM
What if everyone born after a particular year ends simply doesn't get inked with the band?

I approve of this mostly because I'm tired of people rping looking at my neck to see if I have the tattoo, due to an OOC-based convenience in which players usually decide to put it on their pcs' necks.

More tattoos, specific to Tuluki-ish things like glory in war or something would be neat too.

Like a particular tattoo you can only get if you fought against Allanaki forces, or if you were part of a force that killed an abomination.

No, this would make things -really- confusing.
I am unable to respond to PMs sent on the GDB. If you want to send me something, please send it to my email.

Quote from: i love toilets on October 31, 2013, 11:47:13 AM

What purpose would this serve? 

Is this anything new to cover, or is it the same argument about how the tattoo is redundant in an IC sense because the mere presence of caste tattoos indicates citizenship?  If the former, please explain.  If the latter, please see the previous response to this issue in this thread, encapsulated here:  a tattoo denoting citizenship but not caste suits coded purposes for staff.

QuoteI approve of this mostly because I'm tired of people rping looking at my neck to see if I have the tattoo, due to an OOC-based convenience in which players usually decide to put it on their pcs' necks.

You may want to get used to people looking to see if you have the citizenship tattoo.
Quote from: LauraMars on December 15, 2016, 08:17:36 PMPaint on a mustache and be a dude for a day. Stuff some melons down my shirt, cinch up a corset and pass as a girl.

Quote from: Nyr on October 31, 2013, 01:30:26 PM
a tattoo denoting citizenship but not caste suits coded purposes for staff.

If staff wants it to remain, because OMG TULUKIS LOOOOVE THEIR TATTOOS, I can live with that.

QuoteI approve of this mostly because I'm tired of people rping looking at my neck to see if I have the tattoo, due to an OOC-based convenience in which players usually decide to put it on their pcs' necks.

You may want to get used to people looking to see if you have the citizenship tattoo.

It doesn't happen that often, but seriously--- a few people do actually l me (eyes going to his neck) when checking for the tattoo, in a way in which it is obvious from the scroll that, because most Tuluki pcs have put it on their neck specifically so they can hide it when outside of Tuluk, they also expect mine to be on my neck. Thankfully, it doesn't happen that often.
Eat your fries with mayonnaise next time

Quote from: i love toilets on October 31, 2013, 01:55:45 PM
a tattoo denoting citizenship but not caste suits coded purposes for staff.

If staff wants it to remain, because OMG TULUKIS LOOOOVE THEIR TATTOOS, I can live with that.

We want it to remain because a tattoo denoting citizenship but not caste suits coded purposes for us.  (And as a side note, it's really not hurting anyone to have a tattoo that ICly is somewhat redundant in one respect.)

It doesn't happen that often, but seriously--- a few people do actually l me (eyes going to his neck) when checking for the tattoo, in a way in which it is obvious from the scroll that, because most Tuluki pcs have put it on their neck specifically so they can hide it when outside of Tuluk, they also expect mine to be on my neck. Thankfully, it doesn't happen that often.

Again, I'd let it slide.  You're assuming quite a bit about players there.

The thing about long held traditions is they must serve a coded purpose until becoming redundant by fiat, at which point they must stop, lest people adhere to the whole point of of tradition - doing something because other people did it or be singled out.

I like 2 tattoos. Shit looks awesome.

October 31, 2013, 04:18:03 PM #87 Last Edit: October 31, 2013, 04:19:58 PM by Molten Heart
I think the inked band is fitting.  I couldn't think of anything better to represent the repressive stranglehold that the Sun King and his servants have on the people than to have a symbol of their power tattooed around their throats like a collar.

I'm looking at you Southern Templar rolecall.

-James Brown

Quote from: Molten Heart on October 31, 2013, 04:18:03 PM
I think the inked band is fitting.  I couldn't think of anything better to represent the repressive stranglehold that the Sun King and his servants have on the people than to have a symbol of their power tattooed around their throats like a collar.

I'm looking at you Southern Templar rolecall.

I have no problem with having a band. ICly, I think it's redundant, OOCly I realize there's a coded necessity. The only thing I don't "like" about it is the color. It clashes with SO many outfits...

Thankfully, most of my characters don't care if their own colors coordinate or match. If I thought it'd be an issue and in conflict with a character concept, I'd do one of these things:

1. roll up someone who loves purple and blue for their outfits.

2. app a Kadian family member

3. play anything -other- than a Tuluk citizen.
Talia said: Notice to all: Do not mess with Lizzie's GDB. She will cut you.
Delirium said: Notice to all: do not mess with Lizzie's soap. She will cut you.

Now I have the urge to app for a Kadian family member.
Fredd-
i love being a nobles health points