Let's Give Each Other Ideas

Started by i love toilets, October 26, 2013, 05:54:09 PM

I wish we could use poisonous critters or insects as traps.  How awesome would it be to hide a poisonous snake in someone's dresser, or a scorpion in their boots.

Granted, poison generally isn't super fast acting and cures can be sought out...but it would still be cool even if it wasn't lethal.

Quote from: Delirium on February 10, 2015, 05:36:24 PM
Same goes for ye olde shit-mug, the most infamous of cheap ways to kill newbie PCs.

Don't talk shit about shit mug! He's a Zalanthan tradition. Like eggnog and x-mas.
Quote from: musashiengaging in autoerotic asphyxiation is no excuse for sloppy grammer!!!

Armageddon.org

1. a dwarf with the focus to make the perfect fork
2. an elf assassin guild trying to kill an npc templar for revenge
3. a southsider spice smuggler who sells in the gaj and pays soldiers off
4. a whiran with a fear of heights
5. a drovian rogue living in a particularly sunbaked portion of the unknown
Eat your fries with mayonnaise next time

Quote from: i love toilets on February 11, 2015, 04:48:45 AM

This sounds fun. I did a krathi who lived in the sewers once. Made for very interesting RP.
Quote from: Twilight on January 22, 2013, 08:17:47 PMGreb - To scavenge, forage, and if Whira is with you, loot the dead.
Grebber - One who grebs.

Quote from: FantasyWriter on February 11, 2015, 06:31:49 AM
Quote from: i love toilets on February 11, 2015, 04:48:45 AM

This sounds fun. I did a krathi who lived in the sewers once. Made for very interesting RP.

I played a pot-bellied elf in Undertuluk once. If there is any place less conducive to running than Undertuluk I haven't found it!
Quote from: MorgenesYa..what Bushranger said...that's the ticket.

A dwarf with the focus of learning how to read, with the lowest possible wisdom and starting with the lack of ability in speaking Common.
Bonus points if you only enter cities once per month.

Living in the sewers is pretty fun and a good idea if anyone wants to try it. I lived as a sewer hermit once and found some pretty cool shit, but I ended up dying of thirst because I couldn't find a place to greb up water.

1. a dwarf assassin with the focus to steal a GMH family ring
2. a half-giant pickpocket/thief registered in Tuluk
3. a winemaker in Tuluk with a whole disappeared family who's convinced they're next
4. a one-man/woman skimming crew (skills pilot and direction sense)
5. an extremely paranoid Templar who thinks everyone is out to get them
6. a literate commoner hiding in Storm and writing fanciful stories and memoirs on spice booklets
7. a c-elf in allanak who goes around trying to piss everyone off
8. an outspoken disloyal who gets drunk in taverns and mouths off
9. a merchant guild food chef who mastercrafts secret recipes and sells the results
10. a normal citizen who survived a magickal assassination attempt

Quote from: BadSkeelz on February 12, 2015, 12:35:33 AM
Elkrosian/nomad who rules the plains from atop his lightning inix

Or, generally, any heavy metal inspired character.

1. A dwarven bard in Tuluk who want's to start a circle for free-style, denigrating poetry contests. (Rap Battles)
2. A vivaduan war mage.
3. A dwarf (sans scruples) whose focus is simply "to accrue 100,000 sid". Roll a random guild/sub/starting loc.
4. A half-giant philosopher.
Quote from: musashiengaging in autoerotic asphyxiation is no excuse for sloppy grammer!!!

Armageddon.org

Quote from: IAmJacksOpinion on February 12, 2015, 10:02:56 AM
1. A dwarven bard in Tuluk who want's to start a circle for free-style, denigrating poetry contests. (Rap Battles)

Definitely had a Tuluki Bynner once that would come up with stuff like that. "You got less rhymes than a stump's got hair" and "You're just some indie merchant peddling shittier wares"
Quote from: IAmJacksOpinion on May 20, 2013, 11:16:52 PM
Masks are the Armageddon equivalent of Ed Hardy shirts.

Back in my newble days, me and a friend who I'd started playing Arm with had an idea to make east and west side rinthers, and get together to do just that. I can't remember if we created those characters or not. I think I may've added something about it in my background and gotten shot down by the imms.

Armageddon.org

Dwarves!

1. focus of collecting 100 pounds of blonde hair
2. focus of making lieutenant in the byn
3. focus of beheading a witch
4. focus of climbing to the top of tek's tower

Dwarves with quirks!

a. is a fearless son of a bitch (do with 3!)
b. will tell focus to anyone who will listen (do with 4!)
c. ate magick food and lived
d. has had six completed foci (good for pairing with an impossible one)

Concept:  Of Mice and Men aka "Lenny, tell me about the goudra again."

Execution:  A frustrated Mul whose only remote inkling of purpose is whether he should or should not care for a Half-Giant who follows him around with unquestioning loyalty and yet whose child-like curiosities and innocence towards others serve as danger to them both.

Basic Rundown of Characters:

Mul - Distrusting to the point where he's dangerous to the lone straggler. Has been whipped, hunted and sold-out more times than he wishes to remember. Avoids cities and encampment for fears he'll be brought in and the chains he broke will be rebound... His only friend is more of a practical hanger on than anything else, a childish, young Half-Giant that he made the mistake of saving and he hasn't been able to get rid of him since... And over time has grown to rely on him but quietly hates himself as he doesn't want to lose something he risks caring for let alone be faced with the task of taking the practical choice the next time the Giant gets them into trouble...

Half-Giant - Loves two things. Goudra's and the Mul he follows that cares for him. Despite the Mul's warnings to keep away from cities, the Giant loves to meet people. He loves stories (especially about goudra). Gets frustrated now and then when he's asked to learn and learn and learn tasks again and again by the Mul (i.e., Go into Luirs and sell the Silt Horror Shells for five thousand coins, each)... Tasks which despite the amount of preparation, he manages to foul up somehow. Inadvertently gets the duo into trouble and brings on more exposure than the Mul would wish, resulting furthering the Mul's confliction about their relationship.

Something like that. Very layered roles with a lot of depth. This duo is really resting on the back of the quality of the Half-Giant roleplay, which from my experience is harder to pull off than that of a Mul.
Czar of City Elves.

Muls do have this weird tendency to play a lot like d-elves with a particularly nasty murder everything temper.
Anonymous:  I don't get why magickers are so amazingly powerful in Arm.

Anonymous:  I mean... the concept of making one class completely dominating, and able to crush any other class after 5 days of power-playing, seems ridiculous to me.

A mundane individual with witch parents. Knows enough about magick to raise an eyebrow, lets that slip a few times, is constantly wondering when he or she is going to manifest or spit rubies from their mouth.

A Family role call for a group who goes around to taverns and stuff doing zalanthanized versions of
Monty Python skits.
The Ooze is strong with this one

Quote from: 8bitgrandpa on June 28, 2016, 12:01:20 AM
You are our official hammer, Ooze.

Malachi 2:3

Claim to have discovered metal or claim to possess it (especially as a dwarf, say with a focus to kill assassins.)

seventhsanctum.com

Click on generator types and get ideas for anything!

Someone who was living the good life as a soldier or great merchant house employee or noble employee.. for a day.

Someone who was kidnapped by a defiler and had some of their age sucked out of them. They look/are now thirty-something, but have only been alive for their early twenties.