Author Topic: Call for Conceptual Artwork  (Read 3004 times)

Nyr

• Red Fangs
Call for Conceptual Artwork
« on: September 20, 2013, 09:03:10 AM »
Concept Art

Tuluk is going through some changes, and part of that will mean new things (or a new take on old things).  It is difficult at times to envision possibilities without actually seeing them sketched out.  This is where we are looking for some help!

In particular, we are looking for people that can take a basic textual idea complete with some images and then sketch out how that might look on a person.  Thematically we can draw from any number of real world sources and images, but these Zalanthan things will have a different look and feel from that.  This might be anything from clothing, armor, weapons, to tattoos.  Feel free to be as elaborate as you'd like to be, but we're interested in getting very basic ideas down as soon as possible so we can get to work on the in-game front!  Your design might inspire a better description, as well.

Interested?  Please submit a request to the Tuluki Templarate and let us know!  We'll get back with you on some concepts and go from there!

Also, if you're interested in creating some promotional artwork (not necessarily for the game, but for open clans in the game), let us know!
« Last Edit: September 20, 2013, 11:31:26 AM by Nyr »
Paint on a mustache and be a dude for a day. Stuff some melons down my shirt, cinch up a corset and pass as a girl.

With appropriate roleplay of course.

Nyr

• Red Fangs
Re: Call for Conceptual Artwork
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2013, 11:33:45 AM »
Sorry, changed the above to have a request sent through the request tool.  It's easier to track there and we can keep track of your account name as well without you having to provide that manually.

You can submit your request as a Game-Related Question request to the Tuluki Templarate clan.
Paint on a mustache and be a dude for a day. Stuff some melons down my shirt, cinch up a corset and pass as a girl.

Desertman

« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2013, 11:37:00 AM »
Ummm, but what is the artwork actually supposed to be of?

I am getting..."Tuluk stuff". Can I get a little more?
My phone now autocorrects "damn" to Dman.
The young daughter has been filled.

Nyr

• Red Fangs
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2013, 11:44:11 AM »
Not much more.  If you want to work on this, you can let us know and we'll get back with you (yeah I know I haven't gotten back to a few of you yet, sorry--busy stuff this past week).

What you can glean from the OP though:

Tuluk + how stuff might look on a person + anything from clothing, armor, weapons, to tattoos + we'll give you our developed concept ideas

If you are interested, let us know.  I'll be replying today to those that haven't gotten responses in the request tool.

Nyr

• Red Fangs
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2013, 11:28:25 AM »
This call is over for now.  We are working on finalizing the objects themselves now and you should start seeing these things in-game after another two weeks.

We'll post up a thread later on detailing the concept artwork (with permission from the players), possibly with some explanations... 

Note that the artwork was not EXACTLY to the specifications of what we've gone with.  The concept artwork was intended to help us brainstorm ideas and to make sure that what we were considering would actually work out when worn.  However, all of it was so neat and inspired by such great talent that we want to share it and give kudos to the contributors!