Author Topic: What is Your Favorite Disney Movie?  (Read 9218 times)

What is Your Favorite Disney Movie?
« on: September 09, 2013, 06:01:48 PM »
Aladdin--- the character exposes and development are second to none.

This

The brawny, cleft-chinned man says, in sirihish:
     "Lefou, I'm afraid I've been thinking--"

Interrupting, the short, pudgy man says, in sirihish:
     "A dangerous pastime."

Nodding, the brawny, cleft-chinned man says, in sirihish:
     "I know."

puts Beauty and the Beast at a close second.

I haven't watched The Princess and the Frog the whole way through yet.

Don't think there's an animated prince-and-princess Disney movie I don't love.
Do yourself a favor, and play Resident Evil 4 again.

Marauder Moe

Re: What is Your Favorite Disney Movie?
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2013, 06:14:27 PM »
Classic animated Disney favorite?  I'd agree with Aladdin.

Modern?  Tangled.

The original Tron was my absolute favorite as a kid, though.  For something like 5 years in a row, my birthday parties all included a viewing of it.

Classic special mentions: Fantasia, The Absent-Minded Professor, The Sword in the Stone, Mary Poppins, and Pete's Dragon.

Modern special mentions: The Incredibles (it's a crime that they haven't done a sequel yet), WALL-E, and Up.

Pale Horse

« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2013, 07:00:54 PM »
So hard to choose...

I agree with Tangled and Tron.  Up's first few minutes really set the stage well....

You know what?  I don't think there is a classic Disney film that I don't like.
Quote from: Dalmeth
I've come to the conclusion that relaxing is not the lack of doing anything, but doing something that comes easily to you.

« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2013, 07:08:29 PM »

Do yourself a favor, and play Resident Evil 4 again.

Delirium

• Helper
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2013, 07:23:19 PM »
It's really hard to choose. Animation-wise, I'm gonna have to go with Tangled, Beauty and the Beast, Aladdin, the Lion King, and the Little Mermaid.
"There are no happy endings, because nothing ends." - Schmendrick

RogueGunslinger

« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2013, 07:30:25 PM »
Aladdin. Then Lion King.

LauraMars

• Helper
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2013, 07:51:53 PM »
It's really hard to choose. Animation-wise, I'm gonna have to go with Tangled, Beauty and the Beast, Aladdin, the Lion King, and the Little Mermaid.

Are you me?

Also HI. HUNCHBACK OF NOTRE DAME.
Child, child, if you come to this doomed house, what is to save you?

A voice whispers, "Read the tales upon the walls."

Delirium

• Helper
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2013, 07:56:27 PM »
AKA one of the darkest Disney movies ever made. Which, of course, makes it awesome.

BleakOne

« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2013, 08:19:12 PM »
AKA one of the darkest Disney movies ever made. Which, of course, makes it awesome.

Can't go wrong with The Incredibles for body count though. They certainly are not nonlethal only types.
Vennant doesn't appear to age because he serves drinks at the speed of light. Now you know why there's no delay on the buy code in the Gaj.

Desertman

« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2013, 09:51:21 PM »
The Tragic Heroism of Gaston

This is also known as "Beauty and the Beast" to those uninformed masses that will eat whatever slop it slapped down onto their ignorant plates as truth. Gaston was the true hero of this film. How he was portrayed and the end that he came to at the hands of that gruesome monster will forever be one of the worst things ever done by that evil squeaky-voiced rodent of sin.

« Last Edit: September 09, 2013, 09:53:33 PM by Desertman »
My phone now autocorrects "damn" to Dman.
The young daughter has been filled.

Delirium

• Helper
« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2013, 10:25:21 PM »

Desertman

« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2013, 11:47:31 PM »

X-D

« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2013, 01:16:17 AM »
Bambi
Lilo & Stitch
« Last Edit: September 10, 2013, 10:27:04 AM by X-D »
A gaunt, yellow-skinned gith shrieks in fear, and hauls ass.
Lizzie:
If you -want- me to think that your character is a hybrid of a black kryl and a white push-broom shaped like a penis, then you've done a great job

lordcooper

« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2013, 01:43:04 AM »
I quite liked the PotC films.  All the others kinda sucked though.
Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

fuck authority smoke weed erryday

oh and here's a free videogame.

HavokBlue

• Helper
« Reply #14 on: September 10, 2013, 02:12:28 AM »
EVERYBODY WANTS TO BE A CAT
All the world will be your enemy. When they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you; digger, listener, runner, Prince with the swift warning. Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed.

« Reply #15 on: September 10, 2013, 03:12:25 AM »
Can't honestly think of an animated Disney I don't like. I'm pretty sure there might be some non-animated I wasn't super keen on but it's 1 am and the names escape me right now.
Quote from: jhunter
I'm gonna show up at your home and violate you with a weedeater.  :twisted:

Bushranger

« Reply #16 on: September 10, 2013, 03:28:44 AM »

also

I think Disney Star Wars has potential!
Quote from: Morgenes
Ya..what Bushranger said...that's the ticket.
Quote from: Eukelade
Now I'm starving -1 karma Bushranger -1 karma.
Quote from: Shalooonsh
Kudos to you bushranger for confusing staff.

Delirium

• Helper
« Reply #17 on: September 10, 2013, 09:48:09 AM »

au contraire.

That, kids, is why Reading Books is Important. If he'd read books, Gaston would have known that the guy in the castle is always the hero and gets the girl, and so therefore he should stay home with the bimbettes and have himself a foursome.

« Last Edit: September 10, 2013, 09:49:40 AM by Delirium »

ShaLeah

« Reply #18 on: September 10, 2013, 10:37:47 AM »
Being a mother for 21 years now I can tell you that I can quote most Disney movies by heart.

Aladdin - Robin Williams - are you f'ing kidding me? That Prince Ali sequence is outstanding.
Lion King - The opening makes me cry
Jungle Book - The last song has been my lullaby for 21 years
Cinderella - Cause who doesn't love shoes, corruption, betrayal and a clueless prince that elevates your social status AND that of all your minions (even if they are mice)
Beauty and the Beast - Proof positive that what all women look for is a beauty under the beast. And that overbearing misogynists don't end up with women with brains.
Brave - Mother Daughter struggle? Watch this bitch, you'll be crying like a mufucka
Enchanted - Hilarious and heartwarming - Patrick Dempsey going from cynical New Yorker to romantic for an animated princess who makes frocks out of his curtains and frolicks? Yes. Yes please.
The Little Mermaid - I totally am Ursula.
Sleeping Beauty - Classic
Bambi - /me sobs.
Peter Pan, Mary Poppins, Finding Nemo, Toy Story? Cars? Up? Alice in Wonderland, Pinocchio, The Incredibles, Ratatouille,  Monsters Inc, Dumbo, Lilo and Stitch, Tangled?!?

Safe to say I love them all.

Omg, how can I possibly choose? I'm wondering what I'm gonna do when my youngest kids are too old to go see them in the movies!

I'm taking an indeterminate break from Armageddon for the foreseeable future and thereby am not available for mudsex.
In law a man is guilty when he violates the rights of others. In ethics he is guilty if he only thinks of doing so.

Desertman

« Reply #19 on: September 10, 2013, 11:19:36 AM »

au contraire.

That, kids, is why Reading Books is Important. If he'd read books, Gaston would have known that the guy in the castle is always the hero and gets the girl, and so therefore he should stay home with the bimbettes and have himself a foursome.

You think this is over?

You think this is a game?

Gaston isn't dead. Sure, he fell into that great big chasm, I give you that, but this shit ain't over. This is Gaston we are talking about. There are some things nobody does like Gaston. Nobody drinks like Gaston. No one's quick as Gaston. In a wrestling match nobody bites like Gaston. And as sure as Belle wouldn't have mated with the beast if he hadn't turned into a cliche handsome prince at the end, (though that would make interesting pron) nobody falls into great big chasms and survives like Gaston.

You see, you completely misunderstand Gaston. He was extremely kind to Belle. He was thoughtful. Generous. More or less he treated her like a princess, for his time period.

This is a time when women shouldn't have been reading. The time period we are talking about would have had Belle basically sold off to Gaston like cattle where she would have been kept barefoot and pregnant on the reg.

The fact Gaston "asked" her to be his, and didn't inform her she would be his, shows just how generous, kindhearted, and considerate the man was. You really have to read between the lines to see who Gaston really was.

The man was light years ahead of his time in terms of giving Belle free choice and consideration in regards to what she wanted.

And what appreciation did she show him? She went off to have puppies with a castle monster after Gaston rallied and entire village to come and save her ungrateful carcass from what he saw as a typical evil and horrible monster.

The man faced a monster to try and save her. You may think from watching the biased "Disney" version of that story that Gaston had some sort of evil intent. But you are only getting one side of the story. It is like if Hitler had won the world war and you were reading nazi versions of books. That is what the Disney rendition of this tale is. A one-sided farce of a tale written after the fact by the "winners" of the war. They wrote history after the fact basically because they "won", for the time being.

Look at the big picture. Don't look at what Satan's Mouse has tried to spoon feed you.

A frontier era man of men that everyone other man would love to be. He was everyone's favorite guy. It isn't hard to see why.
He graciously looked past all of the other women scratching and clawing to get to him and decided Belle was worthy of his greatness.
Instead of taking her to be his own, in the true fashion that was the norm for that era, he showed her kindness.
He took her feelings into consideration. He offered her the proposition of marrying him. Instead of telling her she would.
He even allowed her to read. Sure he didn't like it, but he didn't forbid it.
She runs off to a castle where she is kept prisoner by a horrible beast who is cruel to her.
What is Gaston supposed to think? She is falling in love with a wolf monster of her own free will?
Of course not. This magical creature of demon spawn has obviously cast some foul spell on her.
Gaston must go save her.
Sure he is enraged, but not out of jealousy. He is enraged because this woman he loves has had a horrible spell cast on her by this magical satanic beast.
He rallies and entire village and goes to save her.
He fights this beast bravely without fear.
He falls into a chasm.

It is not over.

Do you think ever last inch of him is covered in hair for no reason? Gaston body hair is basically the same as wearing a Crisis exo-suit. I'm not saying it didn't hurt. But not an inch of him is scraggly or scrawny. That fall didn't kill him.

Injured, yes, dead no.

He's down there, plotting, waiting, and when his time is right, he will rise back up, beaten but unbroken, and he will slap that pretty little prince boy in his girlish mouth, and this time, there won't be any "Belle, I understand your feelings and I'm giving you choices.". No, this time, he's going full barbarian, and after he knocks the sissy out of little mister demon-monster-turned-charming-Calvin-Klein-underwear-model the score will be settled, and Belle will be his. The way it should have always been.

Soon you wall will see why, no one's been like Gaston, a king pin like Gaston.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2013, 11:24:32 AM by Desertman »

Delirium

• Helper
« Reply #20 on: September 10, 2013, 11:26:05 AM »

Desertman

« Reply #21 on: September 10, 2013, 11:29:28 AM »

And he's coming for her next, and her little cat too.

Delirium

• Helper
« Reply #22 on: September 10, 2013, 11:33:03 AM »

Zoltan

« Reply #23 on: September 10, 2013, 11:33:43 AM »
I don't really know how to follow dman in this thread. Uh. Aladdin was my favorite.
Trunk
 hidden by 'body/torso'
 hides nipples

Desertman

« Reply #24 on: September 10, 2013, 11:37:29 AM »

I don't think Gaston has much yellow fever in him, or much of a taste for women that can pass as men when they just cut their hair and wear a hat.

Mulan is safe, so long as she doesn't come around pretending to be a warrior in his presence.

The man is a traditionalist after all.