The Mudlet Thread.

Started by Zoan, September 02, 2013, 11:36:34 PM

Quote from: Barzalene on October 11, 2014, 06:15:28 PM
Fixed. Use wordpad instead of notepad. Do not use html

You mean use Wordpad to view the log, or to create them? I had the issue yesterday where my log got cut off in the middle of my session (and right as things were getting good!).

Formatting-wise though, the log itself looks beautiful. It's just that it cuts content and I would like to fix it.

wordpad to read. But the html is bugged. Use the text option
Varak:You tell the mangy, pointy-eared gortok, in sirihish: "What, girl? You say the sorceror-king has fallen down the well?"
Ghardoan:A pitiful voice rises from the well below, "I've fallen and I can't get up..."

Hi! I'm trying to capture the time from my prompt to a label. Here's my prompt match:

^(before dawn|dawn|early morning|late morning|high sun|early afternoon|late afternoon|late at night|dusk) (Ocandra|Terrin|Abid|Cingel|Nekrete|Waleuk|Yochem|Huegel|Dzeda|Barani|Detal) (.*) (armed|unarmed)\>$

and the trigger pattern:

findTime(matches[2])

function findTime(currentTime)
  if currentTime then
    if currentTime == "before dawn" then
    Time:echo(currentTime, "slate_blue", "c")
    elseif currentTime == "dawn" then
    Time:echo(currentTime, "light_salmon", "c")
    elseif currentTime == "early morning" then
    Time:echo(currentTime, "lemon_chiffon", "c")
    elseif currentTime == "late morning" then
    Time:echo(currentTime, "light_goldenrod", "c")
    elseif currentTime == "high sun" then
    Time:echo(currentTime, "yellow", "c")
    elseif currentTime == "early afternoon" then
    Time:echo(currentTime, "dark_orange", "c")
    elseif currentTime == "late afternoon" then
    Time:echo(currentTime, "orange_red", "c")
    elseif currentTime == "dusk" then
    Time:echo(currentTime, "a_darkmagenta", "c")
    elseif currentTime == "late at night" then
    Time:echo(currentTime, "midnight_blue", "c")
    else
    Time:echo("Unknown!", "white", "c")
    end
  end
end

It works for everything except dusk. Does anyone have any idea what the issue is?

Your prompt match is out of order.

Oh, I figured out what it was >.< the color I was using didn't exist. Thanks though!

So I guess I'm not the only one running into mudlet eating say/psi commands every so often? It seems to handle other commands just fine, like I haven't had any problems in combat. Does anyone know what the root cause is and/or how to fix the problem?

Actually, that was an old problem that happened quite a while ago. It was some sort of change that was made to the Armageddon code to try and facilitate a new way of handling different requests. Lots of people were having problems with that and the code got reverted. I every once in a blue moon still have a problem, but for the most part it's VERY rare. What operating system and version of Mudlet are you using?
I am unable to respond to PMs sent on the GDB. If you want to send me something, please send it to my email.

OSX 10.10.1 and Mudlet 2.1. Mudlet 3.0 beta has an odd window resizing bug on OSX, so I don't use it. I've had a hard time pinning down the circumstances that lead to commands being eaten, but I want to say it's usually specifically say or psi inputted after a command that has built-in lag of some sort (e.g., trying to speak during/after combat skills like kick or disarm and sending psi commands after initial contact.) It's really odd behavior because it only happens every once in awhile, and I don't have any triggers/aliases/scripts that have anything to do with either say or psi commands outside of coloring the "" blocks.

Okay so here's what I would suggest first:
1) In Settings General Tab I would uncheck the box Enable GCMP if it's checked.
2) Under Settings Special Options Tab make sure everything is unchecked. If you need to uncheck everything make sure you quit out fully and open back up.

I would disable all scripts/triggers/aliases just until you can reproduce it without them. If a long period time goes by without any problems try enabling a few at a time until you start having problems. Or a while goes without problems then keep adding a few until either you have a problem or they are all added.

Might be a library issue, but I doubt that.

If it was a problem with your internet other commands would get lost too, so I doubt that's a problem.

Try taking a note of if it happens at a certain time or in a certain room. See if there is a room echo when it happens. Various things like that.

If all else fails, try logging onto their IRC channel and seeing if someone can help you with more steps to debug it. Try to take down notes of everything you have tried and what seems to cause the problems, because you will be asked that.
I am unable to respond to PMs sent on the GDB. If you want to send me something, please send it to my email.

December 30, 2014, 03:55:11 AM #59 Last Edit: December 30, 2014, 03:58:07 AM by aeglaeca
GMCP is (by default) off. Everything under Special Options is (also by default) off.

The bulk of my scripts are a very large prompt capture that converts everything to colored format above my command line and a selectString replacement of intros to help me remember names, also in colored format. A few other things are colored, like my previously mentioned quote blocks. There is no room echo when I input these commands AFAIK (at least, no one has ever responded to them), just a blank line for me.

To my knowledge, there is no particular set time when it happens, but I would have to reproduce it to know for sure. It is a fairly rare thing for me, maybe once or twice every few days of play? Rare enough it's a long time to run without scripts.

I'll run the debugger when I play in the future to see if it catches anything. If I have to I'll disable the scripts, but they're sort of a colored crutch for me >_> Thanks for the help! :)

I'm currently running the scripts that Cutthroat created for Mudlet that gives the infobar (If that is what you are referring to) That's about the only thing that I use for scripts/aliases/triggers. I'm wondering if the scripts to put names in might be causing a problem as I don't use them. However, if this only happen every few days I don't see them as being a problem. Try to see if you are using says/tells/psi's with certain names that you have in the aliases when this problem happens. The problems I have happen about as rarely as yours does and even moreso. However, I don't have to issue the command more than twice for it to be recognized, it always works 2nd time through. With the infrequency that it happens for me it's a very tiny minor annoyance and I have decided it's not really worth time that I could playing to figure it out. I think the debugger and logging stuff to see if you can narrow down any commonalities that causes this to happen are the best places to start at this point. Keep me posted. If you'd like I can also help you read through the debugging logs of when it happens and try to help you pinpoint it. If you're going to provide debugging logs feel free to email me (it's in my profile). Unfortunately, I don't have access to Personal Mail on the GDB.

Good Luck!

December 31, 2014, 12:50:20 AM #61 Last Edit: December 31, 2014, 01:32:43 AM by aeglaeca
I did not know there was a prompt match script already available >_> so I'm using hacked together script of my own devising.

I just ran into this issue again. I am not getting a prompt return upon input (something I wasn't able to say for sure earlier) and the debugger isn't returning anything at all for entering this command multiple times, as in there are no lines with a matching timestamp from input until it actually goes through.

Wait, I completely lied/failed to read timestamps. Here we go, this is what's happening when my lines are getting eaten:

LUA OK anonymous Lua function ran without errors
LUA OK script WindowResizeEvent (handleWindowResizeEvent) ran without errors

Anyone know what this means?

On further reading it might be that my prompt script is screwing with it after all due to using labels and resizing the buffer, although nowhere do I have a written script that calls this function.

This is all that I'm running: http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,46301.0.html

Besides the infobar there is a tweak that I think underlines the room name (I've tweaked mine to remove the underline and to bold it and color it a different color), it shows point values for playing darts, and it colorizes the skills list making it easier to read. Overall it's pretty nice. Wish I could figure out how to remove the mana field when I'm playing a PC that doesn't use mana, but its a minor annoyance and I'd rather use the time playing than fixing things that don't vex me much.

If you do run this, I'd recommend removing your custom scripts first otherwise you might cause problems and make a huge mess of things. You can then add back in the ones that are not similar, like the ones for helping you to remember names and such. I don't rely too much on the client for that I'd rather save things to a notepad. Makes it easier to go through something offline when I'm writing up character reports.

Mudlet has tab complete if anyone doesn't know.

(just found that out!)
Fredd-
i love being a nobles health points