Author Topic: If You Could Learn One Language You Don't Already Know  (Read 3436 times)

AmandaGreathouse

• Inspiration on Tap:
Re: If You Could Learn One Language You Don't Already Know
« Reply #25 on: September 01, 2013, 01:20:04 PM »
French. I know a few little bits of it from skimming through a copy of the Complete Idiot's guide to French or some such that I picked up at Barnes and Nobles ages ago. But I keep putting the book down to wander off and do other stuff. >.>
Quote from: Wug
No one on staff is just waiting for the opportunity to get revenge on someone who killed one of their characters years ago.

Except me. I remember every death. And I am coming for you bastards.

Symphony

« Reply #26 on: September 01, 2013, 10:47:07 PM »
Of all the languages and derivatives, I would most love to learn written and spoken Latin.

No no you see, by date Ghost means "chased his wife around the house with his penis till she cried".

Aruven

« Reply #27 on: September 12, 2013, 12:55:48 PM »
Of all the languages and derivatives, I would most love to learn written and spoken Latin.

I took two years of latin in high school. I liked it, but lost it due to never taking it seriously and cheating on all my tests in class. Real scummy waste of my time -- but what I did take made french seem lile a cake walk when I considered it, again disuse struck it pointless. Japanese was intriguing, until my second deployment in the pacific. I think russian, is something I want to finish.

Delirium

• Helper
« Reply #28 on: September 12, 2013, 01:00:13 PM »
Latin was my favorite language, and I would love to re-learn it. Never learned spoken, only written.

I'll settle for learning Italian, even if it's lightspeedfastandiwouldhavetobegthemtoslowdownsoicouldunderstandthem.
"There are no happy endings, because nothing ends." - Schmendrick

lordcooper

« Reply #29 on: September 12, 2013, 02:15:13 PM »
Just say beatbox and wave your hands around a lot.  Throw in an occasional 'aaaayyy' for good measure.
Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

fuck authority smoke weed erryday

oh and here's a free videogame.