This was an awesome HRPT

Started by Dresan, July 29, 2013, 12:53:34 AM

The best part about this HRPT for me was not was the actual experiences the players got to enjoy today but that finally the story wheels of the game have finally started movng again in a wonderful direction.

What happened in this HRPT to me felt so long over due, for the longest time i've felt that gypsy lands which all their rumored richness should have been taken over by a city state and/or just opened up to the general playerbase.  I remember having characters that wondered about that YEARS ago. I think what occured to the lands (which is now common knowledge) was just another perfect solution. Kudos to the staff or staff members that made this happen because it just made so much sense.

What happened today was really just one of the things i really wanted to see happen in the game. It is right up there on my list of things i want to see happen in the game,right beside the removal of all powerful sorcerer kings and making the tablelands becoming explorable march or jungle, forcing elves and tribes inward in the scrub and red desert.

I truely believe this HRPT will open the door to more RP opportunities as well. The last HRPT made the world much richer in my opinion to play in with the removal of halflings and introduction of kryl just to name a few things. I think this HRPT has truely done the same.

Once again Kudos to the staff. I can't wait to see what happens in the world next.   

someone's got a thing for gypsy genocide

Quote from: MeTekillot on July 29, 2013, 01:03:42 AM

The only thing hotter than a gypsy, is a dead gypsy.
<Morgenes> Dunno if it's ever been advertised, but we use Runequest as a lot of our inspiration, and that will be continued in Arm 2
<H&H> I can't take that seriously.
<Morgenes> sorry HnH, can't take what seriously?
<H&H>Oh, I read Runescape. Nevermin

Quote from: BuNutzCola on July 29, 2013, 01:23:36 AM
Quote from: MeTekillot on July 29, 2013, 01:03:42 AM

The only thing hotter than a gypsy, is a dead gypsy.

Hey now, I got in trouble for joking about people dying, you best not joke about the poor gypsies dying lest:

Quote from: Adhira on July 28, 2013, 10:43:32 PM
Don't make me joke you, ShaLeah.

Turns into:

Quote from: Adhira on July 28, 2013, 10:43:32 PM
Don't make me joke you, BuNutzCola.

Don't even test her. She'll do it.
I'm taking an indeterminate break from Armageddon for the foreseeable future and thereby am not available for mudsex.
In law a man is guilty when he violates the rights of others. In ethics he is guilty if he only thinks of doing so.

allanak totally won
All the world will be your enemy. When they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you; digger, listener, runner, Prince with the swift warning. Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed.

Quote from: HavokBlue on July 29, 2013, 01:59:23 AM
allanak totally won

Yeah, we totally...

*looks around*

Blue? BLUE?

NOOOOOOO!

Another GDBer disappeared by His Faithful.   :D
Quote from: Wug on August 28, 2013, 05:59:06 AM
Vennant doesn't appear to age because he serves drinks at the speed of light. Now you know why there's no delay on the buy code in the Gaj.

Without their master's command, the restless Muark will become an even greater threat to this world

Control must be maintained

There must always be

A sorc king

I really wanna know happened from the Tuluki point of view. Like seriously, I'd be shitting bricks if a dragon was coming at my PC.

I really want to talk about it, LOL!  It was so fun and exciting that I want to get together with you all and babble....  Why did you guys do THIS?  What happened after THEN?  Oh oh did you see THAT?

July 29, 2013, 05:03:54 AM #9 Last Edit: July 29, 2013, 05:18:11 AM by Jengal
Some of us don't know what happEeEeEeEeEnned btw

*drifts out*

EDIT: Didn't see the "state of the world" post. :0.

Quote from: Royal on July 29, 2013, 02:43:39 AM
I really wanna know happened from the Tuluki point of view.
Fredd-
i love being a nobles health points

From the Tuluk pov: We won. duh.

Dragon? What Dragon? You are crazy, that was an over grown, oddly shaped hawk. With an enlarged vocal cord, and a hoarse squak. Dragon, psh, your crazy.
Life sucks, then you die.

Quote from: Alkendor on July 29, 2013, 05:38:40 AM
From the Tuluk pov: Irrelevant.

Fixed that for you.
Someone says, out of character:
     "Sorry, was a wolf outside, had to warn someone."

Quote from: Wastrel on July 05, 2013, 04:51:17 AMBUT NEERRRR IM A STEALTHY ASSASSIN HEMOTING. BUTBUTBUTBUTBUT. Shut. Up.

I'm fairly sure Tek only lets his soldiers go to war as a bit of entertainment. "Aight, I've had my fun, time to do something about that bloody molehill I've had in my back yard all these years.."
Quote from: boog
I'm still trying to figure out how all that led to Symphony, naked, squatting in a towel on a busy highway to talk to a therapist

Come on Martha, pack up da fire elementals, where moving.

I"ve booked a flight with Air Tek on the Black dragon  at 4:55

Don't forget we have to get there an hour early to check our volcano at the bagage handling.

At least the movers will have the place in bloody order for our arrival.

Hands down their a cut above the rest.

Their work is almost magical.

Got a good deal on it too, from some Gypos, mostly because its in a bad neighborhood. You know the one with all those funny talking tree huggers.
The funny little foreign man

I often hear the jingle to -Riunite on ice- when I read the estate name Reynolte, eve though there ain't no ice in Zalanthas.

I just wonder how those nakkis define winning....

Twenty nakkis leave with a bomb...one returns, but the bomb killed a Templar.

The nakki reports "WE WON!"
A gaunt, yellow-skinned gith shrieks in fear, and hauls ass.
Lizzie:
If you -want- me to think that your character is a hybrid of a black kryl and a white push-broom shaped like a penis, then you've done a great job

July 29, 2013, 08:19:38 AM #17 Last Edit: July 29, 2013, 08:21:38 AM by Delirium
For those trying to figure out who won, don't forget about virtual numbers, and exactly what each side did jut before the neighborhood got a tad warmer.

Awesome HRPT, and I'm very excited about the direction the game is going.

I am also excited about gypsies getting to play gypsies again. I love their history and culture, but Tyn Dashra was just too cozy and isolated.

July 29, 2013, 08:45:55 AM #18 Last Edit: July 29, 2013, 09:34:43 AM by manonfire
I like to think Allanak won. Sure, they didn't get what they wanted, but nobody else got it either, cause fuck you, if Allanak ain't happy, ain't nobody happy.

On top of that, they managed to get rid of a pesky volcano outside their walls and TEK SARAK.

*disclaimer: Unapologetic Allanaki fanboy, cause Allanak is the best city.

Both sides won, both sides lost, neither side realizes it.

Come on folks, this is Armageddon. Murder, Corruption, Betrayal. If it was straight forward, it wouldn't be Arm.
Life sucks, then you die.

I too really enjoyed this HRPT. It was not as flamboyant as the last one with the golems and floodings and stuff like that but I found this one to be more RP driven and had a story to it, which I very much more prefer. This means more opportunities for rp to fulfill this new storyline and I'm excited about that.

Quote from: manonfire on July 29, 2013, 08:45:55 AM
I like to think Allanak won. Sure, they didn't get what they wanted, but nobody else got it either, cause fuck you, if Allanak ain't happy, ain't nobody happy.

You can make a case that Tuluk lost, but you really cannot make a case that Allanak lost.

If you read the post there's fertile land sitting right outside Allanak now.
Quote from: Morrolan on July 16, 2013, 01:43:41 AM
And there was some dwarf smoking spice, and I thought that was so scandalous because I'd only been playing in 'nak.

Fertile land or not, there's really no downside to no longer having a volcano sitting on your front porch.
Child, child, if you come to this doomed house, what is to save you?

A voice whispers, "Read the tales upon the walls."

July 29, 2013, 09:25:05 AM #23 Last Edit: July 29, 2013, 09:27:05 AM by X-D
Well, I think you need break it down. Between winning and success. Allanak, surely at least partly successful....but at what cost? Did Tuluk Cost them more for that success then Tuluk lost or was it even...etc etc.

I have to think of WWII, The brits come up with a plan to blow up german dams.  They send a crap load of bombers...in the end most the bombers were lost. So, the germans won...but the mission was successful.

(edit) The Muark lost though...but I think like many that is a win for the game and the players...finally they might get to actually be gypsies.
A gaunt, yellow-skinned gith shrieks in fear, and hauls ass.
Lizzie:
If you -want- me to think that your character is a hybrid of a black kryl and a white push-broom shaped like a penis, then you've done a great job

Allanak had a dragon that threw volcanoes at people.
'Nuff said.
Whatever happens, happens.