This was an awesome HRPT

Started by Dresan, July 29, 2013, 12:53:34 AM

All i know is that historically. the retreating army is the loser ....check your logs and see who called the retreat.....just sayin.

On the awesome hrpt topic....kudos to all you staff running npcs for atmosphere ...they were great.
A gaunt, yellow-skinned gith shrieks in fear, and hauls ass.
Lizzie:
If you -want- me to think that your character is a hybrid of a black kryl and a white push-broom shaped like a penis, then you've done a great job

Tactical withdrawal.
All the world will be your enemy. When they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you; digger, listener, runner, Prince with the swift warning. Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed.

Now I wonder was the withdraw called before or after the M.F. Volcano was dropped on the M.F. gypsy  lands.

I think calling back your troops as the Big V.D. (volcano of doom) was dropped,is an arguable as a point of withdraw to be winning.

The funny little foreign man

I often hear the jingle to -Riunite on ice- when I read the estate name Reynolte, eve though there ain't no ice in Zalanthas.

Awesome HRPT no doubt - and very well planned out - realistic as well!

Finally conflict returns to Zalanthas on a global scale - and everyone will be happy!

Nothing motivates an economy like war :)

Now, let the war games begin!
The figure in a dark hooded cloak says in rinthi-accented Sirihish, 'Winrothol Tor Fale?'

Quote from: Potaje on July 30, 2013, 05:13:13 AM
Now I wonder was the withdraw called before or after the M.F. Volcano was dropped on the M.F. gypsy  lands.

I think calling back your troops as the Big V.D. (volcano of doom) was dropped,is an arguable as a point of withdraw to be winning.

Getting real close to sensitive stuff there.
Someone says, out of character:
     "Sorry, was a wolf outside, had to warn someone."

Quote from: Wastrel on July 05, 2013, 04:51:17 AMBUT NEERRRR IM A STEALTHY ASSASSIN HEMOTING. BUTBUTBUTBUTBUT. Shut. Up.

I was going to post a long post giving a rundown of how both sides can legitimately claim victory, then I decided it's not the place for it. Instead, I will toss a huge Thank You to the staff involved, and once again claim in my shamelessly biased opinion that the South won by way of achieving all objectives set out.  :P

Retreat? Bah, tactical withdrawal!  :D
Troop loss? Who cares, more where they came from! (although some of the PCs lost on both sides  :'( )
Defeat? Sorry, I can't hear you over the volcano the Highlord just dropped on your head!  ;D

All joking aside though, I've never had so much fun as during the HRPT. Big thank you to staff.
Quote from: Wug on August 28, 2013, 05:59:06 AM
Vennant doesn't appear to age because he serves drinks at the speed of light. Now you know why there's no delay on the buy code in the Gaj.

I don't care what you all say I won. Just me.

Jengal the victor. :)

Fertile lands vs Volcano= might potentially be a BIG tuluki win. But more importantly a huge player win.

Tuluk with a potential obsidian resource?  Hmmm.

Still, I think its in the player's hands now.  :)

Moderated a post.

If your post is about an IC thing that happened in the HRPT and your post starts out with "from what I recall," it doesn't matter if you're recalling correctly or not--you shouldn't post it!  :)
Quote from: LauraMars on December 15, 2016, 08:17:36 PMPaint on a mustache and be a dude for a day. Stuff some melons down my shirt, cinch up a corset and pass as a girl.

With appropriate roleplay of course.

You guys are so cute with your butthurt and blatant city biases.

Said it elsewhere, will say it again, this was a treat to experience and thanks for all the hard work, staff & players. :)

Quote from: Dresan on July 30, 2013, 09:58:23 AM
Fertile lands vs Volcano= might potentially be a BIG tuluki win. But more importantly a huge player win.

Tuluk with a potential obsidian resource?  Hmmm.

Still, I think its in the player's hands now.  :)

Yeah, that what i was thinking too.
Fredd-
i love being a nobles health points

I really had fun and enjoyed the HRPT. Even though my eyes got screen burn from watching my computer for several hours straight and the scrolling was really bad at times I enjoyed it and I think I grew through the experience.
I am unable to respond to PMs sent on the GDB. If you want to send me something, please send it to my email.

Quote from: Nyr on July 30, 2013, 10:02:59 AM
Moderated a post.

If your post is about an IC thing that happened in the HRPT and your post starts out with "from what I recall," it doesn't matter if you're recalling correctly or not--you shouldn't post it!  :)

em ducks and covers

Sorry... Seems to be a very fine line between what can be posted and can't be posted. I've seen other posts here talking about stuff that must have been seen IC and got confused and kind of caught up in the whole thing. I'll remember not to do this in the future.
I am unable to respond to PMs sent on the GDB. If you want to send me something, please send it to my email.

* Harmless pets slvrmoontiger on the head, reassuringly.

;)
Useful tips: Commands |  |Storytelling:  1  2

Quote from: Harmless on July 30, 2013, 10:27:57 AM

;)

em purrs as he is pet by harmless.

Quote from: Delirium on July 30, 2013, 10:06:58 AM

Said it elsewhere, will say it again, this was a treat to experience and thanks for all the hard work, staff & players. :)

Seriously.

The staff announcements post says in the most clear manner possible "war has begun". You'd think people ITT never heard the phrase "won the battle, but lost the war" (or the other way around).

This is what lots of players wanted! An open war between the main cities and the ability to actually affect world-wide plots. There were threads popping up for the past year or two talking about this desire from the playerbase, and they got it.

Can't we just bet that instead of one city winning or the other, that all the players will have a good time?

Quote from: slvrmoontiger on July 30, 2013, 10:42:11 AM

;)

you stop that right now

There's speculation and stuff and honestly we're being more lenient than we usually are because people are excited.  I am excited, too.  It's nice to be acting (and still acting) on the things put in motion 9 months ago.
Quote from: LauraMars on December 15, 2016, 08:17:36 PMPaint on a mustache and be a dude for a day. Stuff some melons down my shirt, cinch up a corset and pass as a girl.

With appropriate roleplay of course.

Quote from: manonfire on July 30, 2013, 10:48:34 AM
Quote from: slvrmoontiger on July 30, 2013, 10:42:11 AM

;)

you stop that right now

Hey tigers are cats after all. Its what they do.

*wags meh butt like a tail happily*
Choppin muthafuckaz up with mandibles since 1995.

Quote from: Cutthroat on July 30, 2013, 10:48:18 AM
Quote from: Delirium on July 30, 2013, 10:06:58 AM

Seriously.

The staff announcements post says in the most clear manner possible "war has begun". You'd think people ITT never heard the phrase "won the battle, but lost the war" (or the other way around).

This is what lots of players wanted! An open war between the main cities and the ability to actually affect world-wide plots. There were threads popping up for the past year or two talking about this desire from the playerbase, and they got it.

Can't we just bet that instead of one city winning or the other, that all the players will have a good time?

"And once we're in enemy territory, as a bushwhackin' guerrilla army, we're gonna be doin' one thing and one thing only... killin' Northies."
Whatever happens, happens.

I've said that Allanak needed some motherflipping hardcoded resources for a while now

I've yet to explore the new area but holy shit this is what I've said the place needs for months
You take the last bite of your scooby snack.
This tastes like ordinary meat.
There is nothing left now.

As feedback I'd really like to see the stack of doom battles go away in the future.

Players should be scattered across multiple rooms fighting NPCs or assisting other NPCs; the players eventually meet face to face and fight each other.

I know it's harder to do than describe but I really dislike the stack of doom system I experienced in this HRPT. Anything would be an improvement.
Quote from: Morrolan on July 16, 2013, 01:43:41 AM
And there was some dwarf smoking spice, and I thought that was so scandalous because I'd only been playing in 'nak.

We know big battles aren't ideal.  We have first hand experience. If we can come up with a better method we will, thanks.

And for now let's stop all speculation over the IC details.  It's been fun guys, but let's keep it IC.

The truth is that the 'real story' might never be known by most of you.  There's always going to be different stories.

- What Allanak says
- What Tuluk says
- What Amos says

and so on.  Then there's what staff know, and usually what you all think is mostly wrong ;)

The real result of the HRPT - the world has changed. It just got hot in here.  And what opportunities are there going to be now??

Keep on playing folks.  We've said it before, but I'll say it again.  This is just the beginning. You're about to be part of the Armageddon Golden Age (where golden stands for blood and murder, corruption and betrayal).
"It doesn't matter what country someone's from, or what they look like, or the color of their skin. It doesn't matter what they smell like, or that they spell words slightly differently, some would say more correctly." - Jemaine Clement. FOTC.

emo shivers in delighted terror