HRPT Help and Guidelines

Started by Adhira, July 27, 2013, 06:11:32 PM

We will be using this thread prior to the HRPT to give some guidelines as well as helpful tips and reminders for the BIG EVENT.
"It doesn't matter what country someone's from, or what they look like, or the color of their skin. It doesn't matter what they smell like, or that they spell words slightly differently, some would say more correctly." - Jemaine Clement. FOTC.

Quitting Out Mid-HRPT

We expect that there will be some people who will need to quit out of the game in the middle of the HRPT.  In events such as these quit safe rooms are not always handy, or appropriate to use. 

In the first instance we would ask that you wish up and ask to be moved to a safe quit location.  The wish should look something like this:

"Can I please be moved to a safe location to quit out.  My character is with the ABC Group."

Please include which group you are part of so that we can ensure you are sent to the right quit safe location. ie (Arm of the Dragon).

If you wish up and no answer is readily available you are welcome to use Quit OOC at your own risk.  We cannot guarantee the safety of any location when you log back in.
"It doesn't matter what country someone's from, or what they look like, or the color of their skin. It doesn't matter what they smell like, or that they spell words slightly differently, some would say more correctly." - Jemaine Clement. FOTC.

I DIED in the middle of the HRPT and now it sucks because I can't be part of it!

Never fear, you can still be involved in the HRPT.  We are allowing players during the HRPT timeframe of 3pm - 5pm ONLY, to create quick, throw away pcs to get involved in the action.   You can use the character generator to create a quick pc.  In the background you may note:  This is for the HRPT, my character will be part of side A (or side B).  These pcs are designed with the background of being part of the existing forces in play in the game so that we can get you in there quickly and let you experience a few things.  It is highly unlikely that your pc will make it through the HRPT, should it do so then you may either store the pc or submit a request with staff to let them know you are going to write a proper background and go from there.

Please note, these characters are only available if you have no current pc. 

It's HRPT day, what do I do now??

- Start logging in. 
- If your character is going out to WAR make sure they are prepared.  Do your IC due diligence. Get dressed, fed, watered, supplied.
- Find out where your IC leaders are, see what they want done.
- Gather up and wait.  Staff will be taking some time to give directions both in an IC manner and some specific OOC directions.

This will not be your normal RPT.  There will be some directions we expect you to follow. The overall goal is to allow players freedom to affect different situations, while still pacing things in such a way that we don't have instant chaos, death and the end of the HRPT.  Please pay attention to the OOC directions given in game and follow them.  If we feel that someone is deliberately setting out to 'ruin' everyone else's fun we will remove you from the area.

And now a message from Nyr:

1.  It is going to be hectic.  We've done what we can to try to make the hectic stuff less fast-paced (with some new code) but in the end, you will need to be vigilant and pay attention.
2.  You may or may not die, be maimed, etc.  We're not out to get you specifically, but this is an HRPT.  HRPTs mean shit hits the fan.  Shit may also hit you.  You may also hit the fan.  The fan may be a lie.
3.  Despite the above, you have the ability to affect what happens to you, to your people, and to other things in the world.  Your action or inaction may not necessarily affect you, your unit, those around you, or even the world as a whole...but it also might.
4.  If you're planning to do something desperate, stupid, or even genius, wish up first.  It may result in #1, #2, or #3, so you pretty much need to have a response from us.  We'll have folks assigned to watching and making sure you are getting replies.

When should I log on?

I'd suggest about now.  Plan for death action in the next 1 - 2 hours. 

Please remember, if you made a character just for HRPT and you are trying to join your side, wish up about it!

We don't accept characters created only for HRPT anymore.