Domesticated Animals?

Started by Alkendor, July 25, 2013, 10:33:29 PM

Quote from: Maso on July 30, 2013, 04:27:30 PM
I wish there was a taxidermy skill in Arm.

Tanning           (master)

Quote from: Twilight on January 22, 2013, 08:17:47 PMGreb - To scavenge, forage, and if Whira is with you, loot the dead.
Grebber - One who grebs.

One of the saddest scenes I've ever played was when my character held a quiet little funeral for a lord's beloved pet lizard.

Is it actually possible to have a npc animal? i didnt know that i thought that guyin the gaj with a hawk was bonkers and just emoting the hell out of a fake bird lol .... good to know i suppose

I remember there was this Byn runner a couple of years ago who would always open sparring by throwing his hawk at you and shouting "Kill my pretty!" Or something.

Quote from: Hauwke on December 02, 2013, 06:36:32 PM
Is it actually possible to have a npc animal? i didnt know that i thought that guyin the gaj with a hawk was bonkers and just emoting the hell out of a fake bird lol .... good to know i suppose

Not NPC animals, (as far as I'm aware) but animals that are coded items do exist.

Quote from: FreeRangeVestric on December 02, 2013, 07:10:56 PM
Quote from: Hauwke on December 02, 2013, 06:36:32 PM

Not NPC animals, (as far as I'm aware) but animals that are coded items do exist.

There was once a PC templar in Tuluk with an NPC animal guard, but I don't believe these exist any longer.
Quote from: manonfire on November 04, 2013, 08:11:36 AM
The secret to great RP is having the balls to be weird and the brains to make it eloquent.

I wish the stupid hawk item animals would randomly shit on the shoulders of all players who just wear them and never emote that there is a 12 pound taloned bird sitting there for days on your shoulder.

NPC pets were removed quite a few years ago. 2008/2009-ish, afaik.

Quote from: Morrolan on July 26, 2013, 01:04:09 PM
Quote from: BadSkeelz on July 25, 2013, 11:03:46 PM
Small lizards seem to be a fairly common pet.

Small lizards are certainly used for pest control. They just handle the Earth-sized insects, not the Zalanthan-sized ones.

Some of those small lizards can be quite fierce.
Quote from: Nyr
Dead elves can ride wheeled ladders just fine.
Quote from: bcw81
"You can never have your mountainhome because you can't grow a beard."
~Tektolnes to Thrain Ironsword

I actually wish that we could have NPC pets. I'd be happy to give them a high cost of maintenance, but yeh. Always thought gortoks were a prime candidate as a hunting pet in the North, for example.
Wynning since October 25, 2008.

Quote from: Ami on November 23, 2010, 03:40:39 PM
>craft newbie into good player

You accidentally snap newbie into useless pieces.

Discord:The7DeadlyVenomz#3870

one of the things i was most looking forward to with Armageddon Reborn was the idea of being able to heard and raise livestock.
Allanak and Tuluk need to hurry up and destroy each other so that we can all play in the wilds!!!
Quote from: Twilight on January 22, 2013, 08:17:47 PMGreb - To scavenge, forage, and if Whira is with you, loot the dead.
Grebber - One who grebs.

Quote from: The7DeadlyVenomz on December 04, 2013, 08:26:06 AM
I actually wish that we could have NPC pets. I'd be happy to give them a high cost of maintenance, but yeh. Always thought gortoks were a prime candidate as a hunting pet in the North, for example.

I remember a lonnnnnnnnnng time ago there was someone with a pet quirri.
I'm taking an indeterminate break from Armageddon for the foreseeable future and thereby am not available for mudsex.
In law a man is guilty when he violates the rights of others. In ethics he is guilty if he only thinks of doing so.

I would think most animals are not tameable like that. We're lucky we get beetles and inix I think. Gortoks aren't dogs or even wolves. It would take thousands of years to breed out the instinct to survive that all toks have right? So yeah not really possible without those magicks.

Bah. The only reason we don't have pets is because we were told staff doesn't support NPC pets. I mean, we have freaking people who throw crap they create out of thing air at you. Having hunting pets or other forms of NPC pets isn't some unrealistic stretch, given the fantasy-side of our world.
Wynning since October 25, 2008.

Quote from: Ami on November 23, 2010, 03:40:39 PM
>craft newbie into good player

You accidentally snap newbie into useless pieces.

Discord:The7DeadlyVenomz#3870

So what you're saying is... psionically controlled rantarri?  ;D

Quote from: FantasyWriter on December 04, 2013, 07:40:19 PM
one of the things i was most looking forward to with Armageddon Reborn was the idea of being able to heard and raise livestock.
Allanak and Tuluk need to hurry up and destroy each other so that we can all play in the wilds!!!

You know... Completely OOC, If Muk and Tek killed eachother, I think the known would start to become a nicer place.

But it's the ugliness that makes it a wonderful place to play, so we can't do that.
Quote from: Nyr
Dead elves can ride wheeled ladders just fine.
Quote from: bcw81
"You can never have your mountainhome because you can't grow a beard."
~Tektolnes to Thrain Ironsword

Quote from: The7DeadlyVenomz on December 04, 2013, 09:59:21 PM
Bah. The only reason we don't have pets is because we were told staff doesn't support NPC pets. I mean, we have freaking people who throw crap they create out of thing air at you. Having hunting pets or other forms of NPC pets isn't some unrealistic stretch, given the fantasy-side of our world.
+1

I wish it was a difficult skill you could master, or be hard to maintain, to stop them being like pokemans.

But gortok fight betting rings would only be the coolest thing ever.EVER.

Quote from: Inks on December 05, 2013, 03:01:22 AM

Quote from: Tenua on December 05, 2013, 08:57:07 AM
Fredd-
i love being a nobles health points

We don't even really need pets for that.  We just need subdue/a club and a place coded where animals aggro each other.

Quote from: The7DeadlyVenomz on December 04, 2013, 09:59:21 PM
+1

I wish it was a difficult skill you could master, or be hard to maintain, to stop them being like pokemans.

All right, Tok hunting pets, that have a 75% chance to turn on you when the blood of the kill has filled their senses and you try to step in and secure the hunt for yourself.

90% chance for the tok to turn on you when they get very hungery.

85% chance for the tok to attack you when seriously wounded and or you try to bandage it (rise the % when you get a fail and cause the wounds to tear.)

NPC hunting pets can not heal just standing when at less than 50% health

The funny little foreign man

I often hear the jingle to -Riunite on ice- when I read the estate name Reynolte, eve though there ain't no ice in Zalanthas.