Adieu

Started by Case, July 16, 2013, 03:51:21 AM

It's been a while coming. This year, life is busy and stuff. Busier than ever. I don't have time to play at all.

I've really enjoyed playing with a lot of you. I've racked up over a hundred days played in a couple of years so I have had a lot of fun. That's the most time I've ever spent on a game! Armageddon also got me through months of post earthquake malaise, when my character had more water, food and housing than I did - I played 10 to 11 hour stretches per day.

I never got to play the role I really wanted to play and I'm kinda bummed about that. I do apologise to staff for being a prima donna sometimes :) and to players for being a total bitch sometimes :) I am sorry to you as well Morgenes, I never got time or enough energy to get some of that code done for you either, and that's on me.

My greatest achievement was being an entirely snarky poster who never got cautioned or banned.

Goodbye Armageddon! I'll miss you!

Well, you're still gonna come around and snark on the GDB, right?

Why don't you stick around and go out with a bang. Literally, in some cases.
Quote from: staff
A staff member sends:
     "Likely a flub in the machine. It does not understand birthdays! (But it understands death like no one's business.)"

I thought you were kidding.

I did not approve this. I'm sorry, but you're not allowed to leave.
Quoteemote pees into your eyes deeply

Quote from: Delirium on November 28, 2012, 02:26:33 AM
I don't always act superior... but when I do it's on the forums of a text-based game

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  >:(

I had a blast playing with you. Come back someday.
The sword is sharp, the spear is long,
The arrow swift, the Gate is strong.
The heart is bold that looks on gold;
The dwarves no more shall suffer wrong.

Um.  No. Sorry. No.
Varak:You tell the mangy, pointy-eared gortok, in sirihish: "What, girl? You say the sorceror-king has fallen down the well?"
Ghardoan:A pitiful voice rises from the well below, "I've fallen and I can't get up..."

We'll miss you, and maybe see you around sometime. Best of luck in your future endeavors.
"I have seen him show most of the attributes one expects of a noble: courtesy, kindness, and honor.  I would also say he is one of the most bloodthirsty bastards I have ever met."

I'ma tell you the same thing I told FW two months ago:

Quote from: ShaLeah on May 04, 2013, 03:55:22 PM
Why do people make these when they know damn well they're gonna come back?

Self deception is a motherfucker :P

See ya soon! Enjoy real life!  :-*
I'm taking an indeterminate break from Armageddon for the foreseeable future and thereby am not available for mudsex.
In law a man is guilty when he violates the rights of others. In ethics he is guilty if he only thinks of doing so.

Aw, I knew this was you when I saw the French.

Take care Case! Don't be a stranger.

I gave you a kudos back in the day for being creepy. Good luck.

Fredd-
i love being a nobles health points

Quote from: brytta.leofa on July 16, 2013, 09:38:14 AM

What the man said. I only got a peek, but you were brilliant.

Quote from: Delirium on July 16, 2013, 01:14:37 PM
Quote from: brytta.leofa on July 16, 2013, 09:38:14 AM

What the man said. I only got a peek, but you were brilliant.
Fredd-
i love being a nobles health points

Good riddance! You never wanted to do that homework for me so I cursed you that day, now I see that it worked muahahahah!

Just kidding. You can't go. Who else will be cynical and sarcastic with me on the GDB? :(
"When I was a fighting man, the kettle-drums they beat;
The people scattered gold-dust before my horse's feet;
But now I am a great king, the people hound my track
With poison in my wine-cup, and daggers at my back."

At least stick around for the Hrpt or you will be confused when you come back in a few months.  Crackageddon.
Quote from MeTekillot
Samos the salter never goes to jail! Hahaha!

You'll be missed, but then you'll come back.   ;D

Take care.

Quote from: chrisdcoulombe on July 16, 2013, 01:28:32 PM
At least stick around for the Hrpt or you will be confused when you come back in a few months.  Crackageddon.

Or in a few days..

amiritefantasywriter  :P
"When I was a fighting man, the kettle-drums they beat;
The people scattered gold-dust before my horse's feet;
But now I am a great king, the people hound my track
With poison in my wine-cup, and daggers at my back."

Awww.  That was a nice lot of stuff to wake up to :)

I would have done this after the HRPT but because of foreignness/monday work, I unfortunately have to miss it.

Yes btw, I do want to come back one day.

Hey now, when I said you may well be back some day last night, you didn't say you wanted to come back! No fair, somebody got a better response than me! ;)
Quote from: jhunterI'm gonna show up at your home and violate you with a weedeater.  :twisted:

You can't quit yet, I owe you a backstabbing.  ;)
The funny little foreign man

I often hear the jingle to -Riunite on ice- when I read the estate name Reynolte, eve though there ain't no ice in Zalanthas.

And I'm pretty sure you owe me a backstabbing...

:(
Quote from: Lizzie on February 10, 2016, 09:37:57 PM
You know I think if James simply retitled his thread "Cheese" and apologized for his first post being off-topic, all problems would be solved.

You'll be missed Case.
Quote from: Marauder Moe
Oh my god he's still rocking the sandwich.

Best of luck to you in your real life endeavors! Go fourth, work hard, get a few years under the belt and come back to us a more experienced player AND a more wise/snarky human being:)
Useful tips: Commands |  |Storytelling:  1  2

Quote from: Case on July 16, 2013, 03:36:02 PM

I would have done this after the HRPT but because of foreignness/monday work, I unfortunately have to miss it.

The HRPT won't be like ONE THING...that you'll just miss and then that will be it...there will be loads going around it (lets be honest anyway, that'll probably just be the bit where everyone dies), before and after....and you should be there for it. I can never think of an HRPT as just that one session...they go on for weeks. All the little plots leading up to it, then all the little plots after as the world sorts itself out. I quit out just before the one before the last one (I think) and when I came back I was like...shiiiiit. I shoulda stayed. So...you should stay. Quit in a couple of weeks instead (but don't). Just so when the next one rolls around, and everyones listing all the HRPT's they've attended...you can be like...yeah...I was there.

I don't always act superior... but when I do it's on the forums of a text-based game

You weren't very good when I played with you. Study up and practice on some IRE game before coming back, thanks.
Quote from: Fathi on March 08, 2018, 06:40:45 PMAnd then I sat there going "really? that was it? that's so stupid."

I still think the best closure you get in Armageddon is just moving on to the next character.

This is obligatory

You take the last bite of your scooby snack.
This tastes like ordinary meat.
There is nothing left now.

Quote from: Maso on July 19, 2013, 09:27:32 AM
Quote from: Case on July 16, 2013, 03:36:02 PM

The HRPT won't be like ONE THING...that you'll just miss and then that will be it...there will be loads going around it (lets be honest anyway, that'll probably just be the bit where everyone dies), before and after....and you should be there for it. I can never think of an HRPT as just that one session...they go on for weeks. All the little plots leading up to it, then all the little plots after as the world sorts itself out. I quit out just before the one before the last one (I think) and when I came back I was like...shiiiiit. I shoulda stayed. So...you should stay. Quit in a couple of weeks instead (but don't). Just so when the next one rolls around, and everyones listing all the HRPT's they've attended...you can be like...yeah...I was there.

Yeah but Maso, my next entirely free day, one I can play on, is next US friday :) thanks for trying though!

:'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(
Now you're looking for the secret. But you won't find it because of course, you're not really looking. You don't really want to work it out. You want to be fooled.

I got to interact with one of your characters over a period of time and it was always excellent.

I always wondered if I would run in to another character of yours after that but I suppose I know the answer for sure now... and it makes me a bit sad.  Have fun with RL!

Thank you for your input on the code, and would have loved to have seen some contributions.  Enjoy your time away, and I hope you do make it back!
Morgenes

Producer
Armageddon Staff

I'll start stockpiling booze IG for now, that way we can drink a few of your return characters to death when you come back in a week.  ;)

You will be missed Case
The glowing Nessalin Nebula flickers eternally overhead.
This Angers The Shade of Nessalin.

She's still here. >.>

She's just not playing. And posting very sparsely.