Beginning shops

Started by Micro102, July 09, 2013, 04:46:16 AM

So I'm buying some starter items, and I'm noticing that a plain hooded robe is worth a lot more then a sandcloth thobe. But from what I can tell, the sandcloth is a much more useful and difficult product to make. Am I wrong? Is plain cotton better then sandcloth for traveling???

Also, as a merchant, is there anything I can do in the beginner shops? Or are those locked prices, for fairness?

Lol, haven't even left the beginner area and am already overwhelmed.

I looked through the past posts on it by staff, and found nothing prohibiting the attempt to haggle price in a starter shop. It may not be possible, in which case the price will not adjust and the merchant will jus be annoyed with you.

As for what is better cotton or sandcloth. A good question that comes generally with a find out in character. But it is widely known that sandcloth is often used by those traveling through the deserts or living in the south.

Cotton is heavy and generally seen in the north.
The funny little foreign man

I often hear the jingle to -Riunite on ice- when I read the estate name Reynolte, eve though there ain't no ice in Zalanthas.

Is there a place to get basic knowledge of items. Like, does a coin pouch actually have a use, or it is for show?

You can view items before buying them.

view #6

will tell you about the item some. Some of which will say things like how many stones it can hold, stones is a weight which tells you a coin pouch can hold things.
Life sucks, then you die.

Fredd-
i love being a nobles health points

Its a bit overwhelming at first, as for worrying about coded advantage of clothing there is no straight answer.  Just wear the one that sounds like it suits the character best.  Use the view command like hatchets said and read the description.  Don't stress about it too much, you can always get new clothes/armor as you progress.  You can find someone once in game to give you their opinions on the matter, in which, you will find many different  points of view. 

Welcome to Armageddon!
Quote from MeTekillot
Samos the salter never goes to jail! Hahaha!

Quote from: chrisdcoulombe on July 09, 2013, 06:29:38 AM
Welcome to Armageddon!

Dibs on their boots.
Fredd-
i love being a nobles health points

Cotton is a 'nicer' material but sandcloth is more practical.

Kind of like the dude that's going to work on a car - he's going to wear that white tshirt rather than the nice button-down.

The descriptions of the items themselves should also give you some hints.

Welcome to Zalanthas!

Quote from: Micro102 on July 09, 2013, 04:46:16 AM
So I'm buying some starter items, and I'm noticing that a plain hooded robe is worth a lot more then a sandcloth thobe. But from what I can tell, the sandcloth is a much more useful and difficult product to make. Am I wrong? Is plain cotton better then sandcloth for traveling???

Also, as a merchant, is there anything I can do in the beginner shops? Or are those locked prices, for fairness?

Lol, haven't even left the beginner area and am already overwhelmed.

Plain cotton is a classier material than sandcloth, since sandcloth is associated with the outdoors, grebbers, and hunters. That could be reason for the price difference.

The newbie shops just exist to get characters outfitted in the basics. Haggling should not work there, since they are not meant to be part of the game world.