Erm... New Description Protocol

Started by Aldiel, June 28, 2013, 01:28:27 AM

Erm... What is the protocol for getting a new long description.  My character has aged like twenty years since I logged in last; it also seems I have forgotten everything in that time because I can't remember what I used to do to get a new description?  Lol.  Do I wish up in game?  Or submit an order, but where is that now. Please advise.
, / ^ \ ,                   
|| --- || L D I E L

Quote from: Aldiel on June 28, 2013, 01:28:27 AM
Erm... What is the protocol for getting a new long description.  My character has aged like twenty years since I logged in last; it also seems I have forgotten everything in that time because I can't remember what I used to do to get a new description?  Lol.  Do I wish up in game?  Or submit an order, but where is that now. Please advise.

Submit a request through the request tool on the main page.
I'm taking an indeterminate break from Armageddon for the foreseeable future and thereby am not available for mudsex.
In law a man is guilty when he violates the rights of others. In ethics he is guilty if he only thinks of doing so.

There's "long" description, and there's "main" description. The main description (mdesc) is broken down into two parts: the real actual main description, and the t(emporary) description - aka tdesc.

The long description, aka ldesc, you can set yourself.

You can also add a brief sentence on the end of your existing main description to reflect a temporary change via the tdesc command - whether long term or short.

If you want to change the real actual mdesc, you'd need to submit a request to the staff via the request tool.

Help files are available for all three.
Talia said: Notice to all: Do not mess with Lizzie's GDB. She will cut you.
Delirium said: Notice to all: do not mess with Lizzie's soap. She will cut you.

In addition to what the others have posted, it will be much easier for staff to oblige in your request if you make the modifications minor in nature. Things such as greying hair, less build and other small changes will be more likely to get approved than major changes to your character.

June 28, 2013, 05:05:10 PM #4 Last Edit: June 28, 2013, 05:09:01 PM by Molten Heart
If you mean your main or short description instead of your long description (the descriptions you entered when creating your character), check out help description change.
If by chance you do actually mean your long description, "The tall muscular man <this part that follows after is the long description>, then check out help change ldesc.
"It's too hot in the hottub!"

-James Brown

https://youtu.be/ZCOSPtyZAPA

Ah, yes, I meant main description.  Thanks for the help.
, / ^ \ ,                   
|| --- || L D I E L

Welcome back!
"I have seen him show most of the attributes one expects of a noble: courtesy, kindness, and honor.  I would also say he is one of the most bloodthirsty bastards I have ever met."

Quote from: Morrolan on June 29, 2013, 01:02:16 PM
Welcome back!

Oh yeah, that too.  Can I haz your boots?
Fredd-
i love being a nobles health points