Playing females as EZ Mode

Started by Case, May 14, 2013, 02:17:19 AM

I dunno. I see plenty of horny chicks out there in Zalanthas. Perhaps moreso than horny dudes.
Sometimes, severity is the price we pay for greatness

Quote from: Iiyola on May 20, 2013, 06:26:00 PM
I'm... I'm sorry but... each time I hear of a guy playing a chick, it reminds me of this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NwC7ph9FD54

I can't help it!

Quote from: Iiyola on May 21, 2013, 02:57:18 AM
I dunno. I see plenty of horny chicks out there in Zalanthas. Perhaps moreso than horny dudes.

*ROFL*
Q  : Where do you piss?
Yam: On elves.
Q  : And if the area, lacks elves at the given time?
Yam: Scan.

You see what I did there. ;)
Sometimes, severity is the price we pay for greatness

Okay, but we can at least all agree that DWARF female is easy mode, right?

( ^^kidding)

I have no real deep thoughts concerning this, because I've never once played a female PC. I can say I've had male PCs that were chase down by females for whatever reason. One was an ugly ass hunter with claw scars all over his face, and a monster truck stat roll. Another was an elf who was chased, hounded, and raped relentlessly by another female elf in the rinth. And a third was inexplicably dragged into a threesome within an hour of stepping out of the hall of kings.... Yeah.  So, it's not ALWAYS a one sided chase.

I did once, however, play a transvestite whose short time on Zalanthas actually reinforced the joke idea that the "female easy mode" joke was based on. It was very amusing to me, so I thought I would share it here.

Basically, I wrote an mdesc that would largely fit the standard, khol-eyed f-me, never once touched on gender, and described my chest in a way that didn't rule out breasts. (Sorry, but kohl-eyes are the Zalanthan clear stripper heals.) Apped this as a dude with the standard gender in the sdesc, rather than man/woman/male/female. I was playing as some sort of twisted, split personality in the rinth, so the PC didn't last long. The one memorable experience was sitting in a rinthi bar belonging to a certain clan while that clan's PC leader was around. Having had unpleasant experiences with him with a former character, I wasn't expecting much... instead I got a slew of rich emotes, a few mugs of free booze (him emoting walking around the bar and pouring them "on the house" to show that he owned the place) and a protection offer, coins waived.

There could've been other reasons, but.... yeah, some people really go out of their way to enforce this sort of unrealistic stereotype...
Quote from: musashiengaging in autoerotic asphyxiation is no excuse for sloppy grammer!!!

Armageddon.org

I'm afraid all my experiences with playing females in various online worlds is that it is not necessarily easier, but you'll get a ton of opportunities and stuff thrown at you. I've discussed this with friends and on various message boards and the vastest number of players have the same experience.

I guess you could excuse MMOs in that a large number of players are just teenagers and they've got the whole hormone thing going. I've played two female characters in WoW for quite some time, both ended up being pestered by male characters and received gifts from them without me every giving anyone any hints, with the sole exception of being generally nice to everyone, or flirtatious. A friend of mine playing Dofus somewhat exploited this phenomenon and got a bunch of stuff from a large number of players.

In MUDs, the experiences are little different. I played Achaea (which in hindsight sucked balls) for two years as a male character. After getting a little fed up with the blatant pay2win model, I deleted my char and came back a year later as a female char just to see how the game was progressing. I immaterially got a bunch of free stuff that would have taken me quite some time to acquire without as much as lifting a finger.

In ARM, I once made a Nakki female character with the sdesc "voluptuous". I was immediately showered with offers and, after rejecting them, got hit on by my Bynner Sergeant. I'm not implying that that character somehow had a particularly easy life (I killed her rather quickly), but I doubt that her superiors would be sending this Runner ahead of the main force as a bait for whatever the unit is hunting.

I'm not going to say this is easy mode, just for the sake of avoiding conflicts about semantics, but it's certainly quite different from playing your average male hunter and if you play your cards right, you can get a ton of stuff without doing a thing.

Quote from: jigglypuffs on May 21, 2013, 08:51:11 PM
if you play your cards right, you can get a ton of stuff without doing a thing.

True of either gender, in my experience. Given enough time, at least.
<Morgenes> Dunno if it's ever been advertised, but we use Runequest as a lot of our inspiration, and that will be continued in Arm 2
<H&H> I can't take that seriously.
<Morgenes> sorry HnH, can't take what seriously?
<H&H>Oh, I read Runescape. Nevermin

If females were easy mode, whore would not have such a low rate of survival.

Just saying. That's my 2 cents.
I remember recruiting this Half elf girl. And IMMEDIATELY taking her out on a contract. Right as we go into this gith hole I tell her "Remember your training, and you'll be fine." and she goes "I have no training." Then she died

I once considered apping a female char. An obese, hunched, gap-toothed woman with a missing eye. Then I realised I'd probably still be hit on and this disturbed me.
The Devil doesn't dawdle.

Quote from: Scarecrow on May 22, 2013, 05:30:51 AM
I once considered apping a female char. An obese, hunched, gap-toothed woman with a missing eye. Then I realised I'd probably still be hit on and this disturbed me.

What's wrong with that, honestly? As long as not EVERYONE does it. Low standards people have low standards. Plus, who hasn't woken up with something similar after a bad night at a club and thought " ahhh fuck"
I remember recruiting this Half elf girl. And IMMEDIATELY taking her out on a contract. Right as we go into this gith hole I tell her "Remember your training, and you'll be fine." and she goes "I have no training." Then she died

Quote from: Fredd on May 22, 2013, 12:33:04 AM
If females were easy mode, whore would not have such a low rate of survival.

That has less to do with gender and more to do with being extremely high risk, period.

You get naked with the wrong person and you are going to die! ... unless you're good enough to execute the unarmed disarm > get weapon > heroic turn around, of course.
Someone says, out of character:
     "Sorry, was a wolf outside, had to warn someone."

Quote from: Wastrel on July 05, 2013, 04:51:17 AMBUT NEERRRR IM A STEALTHY ASSASSIN HEMOTING. BUTBUTBUTBUTBUT. Shut. Up.

I knew a f-me whore who owned a taser,

(•_•) ( •_•)>⌐■-■ (⌐■_■)

man was she stunning!

Quote from: Fredd on May 22, 2013, 05:41:51 AM
Quote from: Scarecrow on May 22, 2013, 05:30:51 AM

What's wrong with that, honestly? As long as not EVERYONE does it. Low standards people have low standards. Plus, who hasn't woken up with something similar after a bad night at a club and thought " ahhh fuck"

Everyone knows ugly +fat + deformed = desperate for love and attention = easy lay
Duh!

This is exactly why I've had four husbands!
I'm taking an indeterminate break from Armageddon for the foreseeable future and thereby am not available for mudsex.
In law a man is guilty when he violates the rights of others. In ethics he is guilty if he only thinks of doing so.

Quote from: BuNutzCola on May 22, 2013, 12:01:42 AM
Quote from: jigglypuffs on May 21, 2013, 08:51:11 PM
if you play your cards right, you can get a ton of stuff without doing a thing.

True of either gender, in my experience. Given enough time, at least.

And more true for one than for the other.

Quote from: Fredd on May 22, 2013, 05:41:51 AM
Plus, who hasn't woken up with something similar after a bad night at a club and thought " ahhh fuck"

I haven't.

I have, however, woken up and wondered why I'm engaged to a nutcase.  ;D (Long ago. And I dodged the bullet.)
"I have seen him show most of the attributes one expects of a noble: courtesy, kindness, and honor.  I would also say he is one of the most bloodthirsty bastards I have ever met."

Quote from: jigglypuffs on May 22, 2013, 12:42:54 PM
And more true for one than for the other.

Would you believe that in the last how many years of playing pretty characters across most of the current (and gone) RP muds... I've always got more 'free lootz' from other female characters? And that a vast majority of them had no interest in my characters beyond being friends or making a contact?

Most of the 'gifts' I see being given are practical ones between comrades, rather than 'wow nice cans here's a +5 battleaxe of sexing' and it seems to be more between people of the same gender. It might have something to do with seeing more females hanging out with other females and more males with males, that kind of thing, or it could just be a long string of coincidences.

What I will (grudgingly) concede is there are a lot more female characters who actively pursue charity and hand outs compared to males. I don't see them getting it more from either gender, but they definitely get a lot of it (which is likely more because it's so easy to be rich and generous). That is an entirely different situation and completely in-theme, but could easily be viewed as the battleaxe situation if you aren't involved and lack the proper perspective.

Quote from: Wastrel on July 05, 2013, 04:51:17 AMBUT NEERRRR IM A STEALTHY ASSASSIN HEMOTING. BUTBUTBUTBUTBUT. Shut. Up.

Obviously our experiences differ. I hate looking like someone working off a stereotype, but I really am not. I had absolutely no expectations making those female characters (frankly, I just wanted to play a good-looking character for a change) and then suddenly the admirers and the gifts came pouring in. I'll agree that the sample is hardly large enough to be statistically significant, nor is this a double-blind experiment in any shape or form, but if I had to list the free stuff my characters got from relative strangers, the female ones would be very much on the top of the list. I would go as far as to say that I specifically don't play female characters anymore for that exact reason.

Honestly? Give it another shot.

It might simply be you had a string of ridiculousness or I might just have an lucky streak, but letting something like that turn you off concepts (I presume) you enjoyed is pointless. You can just design hooks into your character concept that would make your characters immediately reject hand-outs or aggressive charity.

Aggressive charity. I guess it's a thing?

I've just realized my true top reason females are hard mode: I totally missed a great opportunity to be tortured like crazy. I think the combination of being female and being and playing helpless ended up putting out that fire before it began... and I so wanted to burn.

I will admit on some of my PC's I give shit out freely to women. Because I'm playing a pretty playboy type. But on others, I don't give anyone shit. It all depends on my PC's, and I suspect it's the same with others.

My pcs generally give shit to pcs that they like or have some vested interest in.

Whether they're male or female doesn't really matter with regards to whether they're likely to receive it.
Quote from: Wug
No one on staff is just waiting for the opportunity to get revenge on someone who killed one of their characters years ago.

Except me. I remember every death. And I am coming for you bastards.

In my experience, everyone expects the person they love to kill them the second their defenses are down.
Such is life in Zalanthas.

I've never really understood why people seem to think being likely to get hit on as a female character is sexist or unthemeatic.  If you really want to make it less of a double standard, you could make a female that relentlessly flirts and hits on males rather than hope that other players will make less heterosexual males with a fierce libido.

Quote from: Vwest on May 23, 2013, 08:06:52 AM

It might simply be you had a string of ridiculousness or I might just have an lucky streak, but letting something like that turn you off concepts (I presume) you enjoyed is pointless. You can just design hooks into your character concept that would make your characters immediately reject hand-outs or aggressive charity.

It's quite all right. I've got a plethora of male concepts already, some even involving akimbo uzis.

Quote from: jigglypuffs on May 26, 2013, 05:55:04 PM
Quote from: Vwest on May 23, 2013, 08:06:52 AM

It's quite all right. I've got a plethora of male concepts already, some even involving akimbo uzis.

? Unless it's a dwarf with a reproductive focus, surely gender is largely irrelevant for most of your concepts.

Quote from: IAmJacksOpinion on May 21, 2013, 08:08:12 PM
Okay, but we can at least all agree that DWARF female is easy mode, right?

Sorry for the derail, but I keep picking up on things like this.

Are dwarves considered "overpowered" or something?