Extended subguilds on existing characters

Started by jigglypuffs, May 09, 2013, 07:28:13 AM

May 09, 2013, 07:28:13 AM Last Edit: May 09, 2013, 07:32:21 AM by jigglypuffs
I've been looking for this through the past posts, but it's probably easier to just ask: can an existing character get his guild changed to an extended subguild, provided it makes sense ICly? I.e. jeweler becoming master jeweler, weaponscrafter becoming a weaponsmith, etc. If so, does one generally expect the character to have reached a certain level in his existing subguild or would it be required that the subguild was directly linked to something like Salarr or Kadius?

E.g. Amos the hunter has been a hunting carru for five years, making spears, swords and so forth from their remains. It was his primary source of income. He's advanced across the board. Is he qualified to be bumped up to a weaponsmith?

Pretty darn sure if you have logs and such the staff will bump your skills up. There are multiple posts about it, use the request tool to do ask for a boost or a new skill or whatnot if you feel it is appropriate. Staff will confirm/ deny at some point, but the priority will perhaps be pretty low.

Quote from: Inks on May 09, 2013, 08:00:17 AM
Pretty darn sure if you have logs and such the staff will bump your skills up. There are multiple posts about it, use the request tool to do ask for a boost or a new skill or whatnot if you feel it is appropriate. Staff will confirm/ deny at some point, but the priority will perhaps be pretty low.

Thanks. The priority isn't really a problem. This is hardly something that would happen fast to begin with. :P

It has been my experience that staff are loath to bump skills beyond the guild's caps for currently playing characters.  It can be done with extensive logging and such - but I've never seen it.  I'm sure other players have had it happen.  In rarity I would list it third  1. Resurrection, 2. Stat bumps, 3. Skill bumps. 

Extended guilds and skill bumps are all part of character generation from what I understand of what I've read on the GDB.

Good luck - can't hurt to ask.  Submit a request and see what the response is.

Sadly this is not possible.  We only offer extended subguilds at character creation. 
"It doesn't matter what country someone's from, or what they look like, or the color of their skin. It doesn't matter what they smell like, or that they spell words slightly differently, some would say more correctly." - Jemaine Clement. FOTC.