Have to press C again to connect?

Started by Nathvaan, April 29, 2013, 02:10:58 PM

Quote from: Barzalene on June 30, 2013, 08:04:41 PM
Actually, it's not c. It's the autologin. On both my computers. It hangs after it enters my name. Then when I hit enter it tells me it wants more letters and I have to hit enter and try again. Then it works perfectly.

I have had both "c" and not accepting the first entry try for my account name for quite a long time now.  I use Mushclient 4.84.
Was there no safety? No learning by heart of the ways of the world? No guide, no shelter, but all was miracle and leaping from the pinnacle of a tower into the air?

Virginia Woolf, To the Lighthouse

July 25, 2013, 02:07:31 PM #51 Last Edit: July 25, 2013, 02:15:59 PM by Incognito
This has been happening to me since a few months now.

I'm using CMud 3.33a and have no auto-login trigger set up.

Upon initial connect this is what I get:
Choose thy fate: c
That option is invalid.
Choose thy fate: c

Enter your account name:

Edited to add:
I forgot to mention, upon initial connect, no matter what I input - number, character, alphabet or just simply return, I still get the "That option is invalid" response.

This occurs 100% of the time. No exceptions.

Re-edited to add:
Please disregard my post.

I created a new CMud session and could connect to Arm without any problems.

Obviously there's some miscreant trigger in my existing CMud session that's causing the problem, but for the life of me I can't figure it out.
The figure in a dark hooded cloak says in rinthi-accented Sirihish, 'Winrothol Tor Fale?'

From what I've gathered from Morgenes this is actually an issue with some new coding and the way it reacts with some clients. I use three different clients depending on where I'm arming from: JMC on a Windows, Savitar on a Mac, BlowTorch on my Android, and it happens on all of them.

They had put in a patch to attempt to fix the code, but it was causing lag and for some users to experience command eating, so they had to take that code patch and those that this is happening to just kind of have to deal with it.

Though after the patch was put in and I was experiencing the command eating, now that it has been removed I am experiencing both issues at the same time but have only noticed both happening using Savitar which is currently my primary client.
Choppin muthafuckaz up with mandibles since 1995.

Quote from: i can haz mantis on July 25, 2013, 02:29:29 PM
From what I've gathered from Morgenes this is actually an issue with some new coding and the way it reacts with some clients. I use three different clients depending on where I'm arming from: JMC on a Windows, Savitar on a Mac, BlowTorch on my Android, and it happens on all of them.

They had put in a patch to attempt to fix the code, but it was causing lag and for some users to experience command eating, so they had to take that code patch and those that this is happening to just kind of have to deal with it.

Though after the patch was put in and I was experiencing the command eating, now that it has been removed I am experiencing both issues at the same time but have only noticed both happening using Savitar which is currently my primary client.

I am still experiencing some command eating. Its not like it was before at all. This is minor things: emotes, tells, psi, etc. Before look, directional commands, pretty much everything was a problem. I'm using Mudlet. I'm fine with just the emotes, tells, and psi getting eaten. I'm more concerned with the HRPT coming up and the intermittent packet loss issues that have been happening. And even more worried after yesterdays episode of the server not being able to be pinged and MTR showing no routes past the 8th hop when the server is 10 hops away. Seems like that is an issue on Arm's ISP end.
I am unable to respond to PMs sent on the GDB. If you want to send me something, please send it to my email.

Sorry for bringing this thread alive again, after I upgraded Mudlet to 4.6.2, I started to have this issue again. I think I did the upgrade a month ago. I was on the one that was in the repos of Ubuntu 19.04 and never had the issue on that version. Is this tied to this bug or is there a setting that I need to change?
Fredd-
i love being a nobles health points

Quote from: Barsook on April 16, 2020, 11:36:06 AM
Sorry for bringing this thread alive again, after I upgraded Mudlet to 4.6.2, I started to have this issue again. I think I did the upgrade a month ago. I was on the one that was in the repos of Ubuntu 19.04 and never had the issue on that version. Is this tied to this bug or is there a setting that I need to change?

Do you have the Auto clear the input line after you sent text option checked off or on?

It's in Preferences -> Input Line
New Players Guide: http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,33512.0.html

Quote from: Morgenes on April 01, 2011, 10:33:11 PM
You win Armageddon, congratulations!  Type 'credits', then store your character and make a new one

Nope, didn't help.
Fredd-

November 05, 2020, 06:17:17 AM #57 Last Edit: November 23, 2020, 08:07:52 AM by Barsook
Looks like the newest version, 4.10.0, fixed the problem. Maybe?

Nope.
Fredd-

QuoteAugust 22, 2021 (Sunday)

(Tenebrius)
-Fixed issue with not all commands going through for users running Mudlet.  (hopefully)

Thank you! I think this fixed the problem.
Fredd-