MUSHclient aliasing?

Started by Lutagar, April 24, 2013, 05:07:39 PM

Been trying to figure this out for a while - but a bad case of the dumb is preventing me from doing so.  I was wondering if it's possible to use Mushclient's aliasing feature in such a way I would just need to type "<alias> <target>" instead of typing the whole thing out - like how the IG alias system works. I've figured out how to alias, but typing anything after that alias makes it moot.

April 24, 2013, 05:54:22 PM #1 Last Edit: April 24, 2013, 05:57:40 PM by Lizzie
Quote from: Lutagar on April 24, 2013, 05:07:39 PM
Been trying to figure this out for a while - but a bad case of the dumb is preventing me from doing so.  I was wondering if it's possible to use Mushclient's aliasing feature in such a way I would just need to type "<alias> <target>" instead of typing the whole thing out - like how the IG alias system works. I've figured out how to alias, but typing anything after that alias makes it moot.

In "send" make sure there's an asterisk after the alias itself. The asterisk will seek out a %1 within the alias content to correspond with it. That %1 is the target. If you want to have multiple targets, or multiple variables, you use an asterisk for each one, and %1, %2, %3, etc to provide an arguement. Once you have variables, you -must- use them. They can't toggle off and you'll get an error if you try to send a variable alias without the variable.

Targetted aliases for MUSHclient: Hypothetical command: bowem <target> with a built-in emote. Why: You're working for DipsyDoo Fale, and she insists that you always bow in a very specific way to her in public. She also insists that you bow the same way for her cousin DandyDiddle, and her arch-nemesis, Jebameaty Tor.

On the top line where it says "Alias:" and there's a buffer to type in:
type:

bowem *

In the "send" box, type:

emote placing ^me left hand on ^me waist, @ tilts forward and thrusts her right hand out, pointed at %1. Once tilted, !me lets out a soft grunt, and stands back up again.

Make sure that on the right side of this alias window, "enabled" and "expanded variables" are checked.

Make sure to SAVE WORLD when you're done.
Talia said: Notice to all: Do not mess with Lizzie's GDB. She will cut you.
Delirium said: Notice to all: do not mess with Lizzie's soap. She will cut you.

Took some experimenting to get it right, but at long last I kind of understand it. You guys are the best. <3.

Trying to save the world message tells me access to <filename> was denied. Anyone know how I can put this right?

Make sure when you open MUSHclient you open it as an administrator.  This way it will have access to write to all the program files directories.
Nothing to see here

Even then, there can still be issues if you're saving it in the wrong spot in windows7.

Verify the path is, in fact, where you want the file to go, or try a different spot.
Like a lithium flower, about to bloom.