The FAKE Visualizing Zalanthas Thread

Started by James de Monet, April 24, 2013, 02:19:15 AM

April 24, 2013, 02:19:15 AM Last Edit: September 26, 2015, 09:38:39 PM by James de Monet
It's not that I've been bored lately.  It's that I start weird projects all the time.  I just rarely finish them.  For some reason, lately, the Arm ones have been getting finished.

This didn't seem like it belonged in the REAL Visualizing Zalanthas Thread, so I made a fake one.  Click to go to imgur, then click again to see them full size.  (I moved these to imgur at the update.)

By way of explanation, someone told me you could buy individual Lego pieces on their website.  And then I found that if you go on eBay, you can buy super specific faces.  I may have gone a little overboard.    ;D

Update 9/17/15:

I was going to put these images into a back-of-the-box collage, but they got intricate enough that I thought they deserved their own boxes.  First two!  (Click, then click again to see full size.)

Update 9/26/15:

Second two!  (Click, then click again to see full size.)

(Extra close photos made possible by some cool extension tubes I got from Vox for Secret Santa.  Thanks, Vox!)
Quote from: Lizzie on February 10, 2016, 09:37:57 PM
You know I think if James simply retitled his thread "Cheese" and apologized for his first post being off-topic, all problems would be solved.

That's ... that's amazing.
Quote from: Marauder Moe
Oh my god he's still rocking the sandwich.

Another Nekrete, Another Shit Horror.

I love it!

The Zalanthan Math Primer and now this?  This is incredible, and so accurate!  You might even say...it's right on the monet.
Child, child, if you come to this doomed house, what is to save you?

A voice whispers, "Read the tales upon the walls."

Love it. Makes me want to go buy medieval lego!  :)
The Devil doesn't dawdle.

The faces are priceless!  I especialy like the byner who's walking off on his own, about to get eatten by the raptor!  Nice touch...
The glowing Nessalin Nebula flickers eternally overhead.
This Angers The Shade of Nessalin.

Quote from: LauraMars on April 24, 2013, 02:42:11 AM
The Zalanthan Math Primer and now this?

Yeah, the sad thing is, that's not the half of it. You should see all the other half-finished Armageddon projects I have. It's actually just coincidence that they're all nearing completion now. Some of them I started months ago. Some years.

Quote from: LauraMars on April 24, 2013, 02:42:11 AM
This is incredible, and so accurate!  You might even say...it's right on the monet.

Ow. That is so punny it hurts. Still sigging it.  ;)

Quote from: perfecto on April 24, 2013, 03:09:36 AM
The faces are priceless!

Yeah, in the end it was the faces that made me want to finish it. Legos got way more expressive!
You know I think if James simply retitled his thread "Cheese" and apologized for his first post being off-topic, all problems would be solved.

I wish there was a way to rec posts/threads on the forum.

Good work sir.
Quote from: staff
A staff member sends:
     "Likely a flub in the machine. It does not understand birthdays! (But it understands death like no one's business.)"

This is the best thing ever.
All the world will be your enemy. When they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you; digger, listener, runner, Prince with the swift warning. Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed.

I love this, the mounts and weapons look authentic to Arm, and the faces are genuinely expressive! Job well done!  ;D
Your vision goes black.

A foreign presence contacts your mind.

SIG ID: $1$9UpvKn9m$/hFJYF4D15rFEPC/fDqjs1

Will you put it in Original Submissions? This should never be lost!

Mother...of...God.

I laughed!
Quote from: LauraMars on December 15, 2016, 08:17:36 PMPaint on a mustache and be a dude for a day. Stuff some melons down my shirt, cinch up a corset and pass as a girl.

With appropriate roleplay of course.

Awesome!
Fredd-
i love being a nobles health points

LOL I sat at work laughing my butt off. Man that is so freaking accurate. *laughs some more* Amazing!

Holy monkeys, that's glorious.
The sword is sharp, the spear is long,
The arrow swift, the Gate is strong.
The heart is bold that looks on gold;
The dwarves no more shall suffer wrong.

A trooper riding on a contract on an erdlu!? Unrealistic! Boo, hiss!

It's awesome.

So neat!
Varak:You tell the mangy, pointy-eared gortok, in sirihish: "What, girl? You say the sorceror-king has fallen down the well?"
Ghardoan:A pitiful voice rises from the well below, "I've fallen and I can't get up..."

lolololololo

Yes. Yes can we please keep doing this like its a cracked photoplasty?!?

IF ZALANTHAS SPILLED OVER INTO THE REAL WORD
or
TOYS INSPIRED BY ZALANTHAS
or
IF ZALANTHAS HAD MAJOR MERCHANDISING CONTRACTS

*goes to warm up photoshop*
I have learned that one can, in fact, typo to death.

Quote from: KismeticTuluk is not Inception, the text experience.

I'm glad you guys like it!

(And I'm especially glad it didn't end up being only funny in my head!  ;))

I like the war beetle.
A gaunt, yellow-skinned gith shrieks in fear, and hauls ass.
Lizzie:
If you -want- me to think that your character is a hybrid of a black kryl and a white push-broom shaped like a penis, then you've done a great job

I like the fine print too.

And the erlu.

And no byner is complete with out a bottle of booze, an I see they have one.

Brilliant, I applaud you.
The funny little foreign man

I often hear the jingle to -Riunite on ice- when I read the estate name Reynolte, eve though there ain't no ice in Zalanthas.

I thought that was a green glow crystal that the raptor dinner was carrying?
Quote from: MorgenesYa..what Bushranger said...that's the ticket.

Dude, Seriously, that's the best waste of cash on Legos I've ever seen. And I've seen a lot of cash wasted on Legos.