Mud client?

Started by Lutagar, April 22, 2013, 05:15:20 PM

What mud clients to you guys use?

Is there one inparticular that's easy to alias spells for?

I've used MUSHclient since 1999.  You can do a lot with triggers, perhaps even alias spells.  I always used Arm's in-game aliases for spells.  As limited as they are, they can help in a pinch.

I use MUSHclient. It's free and it has a lot of alias and trigger options, not that I ever use them... Kinda like to work on my typing skill while playing.
Quote from: Nyr
Dead elves can ride wheeled ladders just fine.
Quote from: bcw81
"You can never have your mountainhome because you can't grow a beard."
~Tektolnes to Thrain Ironsword

MUSHclient does support magick aliases well, in fact. I use it too, even if I don't play gemmed.
You take the last bite of your scooby snack.
This tastes like ordinary meat.
There is nothing left now.

I'm one of those old men that refuses to use any of your newfangled colors and triggers and menu bars.

There is very little I CAN'T do with GMUD, and the only thing I WOULD want from it is a built in timer system, but I can build that myself. I don't need automappers, and fancy colors, and whatnot. A few triggers, aliases, and being able to JAM on F1 - Disengage in combat clans, and I can do the rest.

/elitism
Quote from: IAmJacksOpinion on May 20, 2013, 11:16:52 PM
Masks are the Armageddon equivalent of Ed Hardy shirts.

Mudlet for me.
Fredd-
i love being a nobles health points

Used SimpleMUD for the longest of times.

Then switched over to Mudlet when I found out that SimpleMUD had a limit to aliases/color triggers/etc.

After some fine-tuning and tweaking, though, I've definintely come to rely on Mudlet.
Quote from: LauraMars
Quote from: brytta.leofaLaura, did weird tribal men follow you around at age 15?
If by weird tribal men you mean Christians then yes.

Quote from: Malifaxis
She was teabagging me.

My own mother.

I use Mushclient, but it's behaved weird since the last time I downloaded it so I've been checking into other possibles myself...

However Mushclient more or less works great for me. Just beware what you alias and what word you use to set them off. I killed one of my absolute favorite, and longest lived characters, by having a spell aliased and accidentally typing the alias instead of the command (by the same name).

The intention was to mount my beetle. Instead I started casting a spell. In the stables. In Red Storm. I didn't even have time to process what happened before *BEEP*. Yeah.

The moral of the story... Just be careful with your aliases. Also, I use Mushclient.  :P
Quote from: jhunterI'm gonna show up at your home and violate you with a weedeater.  :twisted:

I use RoAClient

It has an alias feature, but also something called "Nicknames" which is what I use for spells
"Never do today what you can put off till tomorrow."

-Aaron Burr

I use AL Client. It can be downloaded for free from www.ashavar.com It was a mud game at some point, that I dabbled with a bit but loved their client. The client is pretty simple and allows you to ultimately customize most things about it as you learn to work with it. I have used it since... sometimes in the 90' it feels like forever now.
Life sucks, then you die.

I use Atlantis.
Czar of City Elves.

Mushclient.

I freely admit I started using it because I, at least used to PVP alot and it is faster then any of the other clients.

But I stay with it because it is free, very easy to use and somebody already made a nifty infobar, which has its own thread.
A gaunt, yellow-skinned gith shrieks in fear, and hauls ass.
Lizzie:
If you -want- me to think that your character is a hybrid of a black kryl and a white push-broom shaped like a penis, then you've done a great job

I use Atlantis, it's pretty decent, but I haven't looked into any of the fancier features, so I couldn't tell you how good it is for those.

/reply

Quote from: X-D on April 23, 2013, 04:50:12 AM
I freely admit I started using it because I, at least used to PVP alot and it is faster then any of the other clients.

Alots exist in-game?! I would have liked to find out IC!  >:( http://goo.gl/DliZr

I am just kidding.
Your vision goes black.

A foreign presence contacts your mind.

SIG ID: $1$9UpvKn9m$/hFJYF4D15rFEPC/fDqjs1

Hyperbole and a half is my favourite blog. :)

Also Mudlet. Because I like the logo. I haven't figured out how to do anything with it. I can't even make my prompt into colors. Can someone come over and set this shit up for me please? :(
Quoteemote pees into your eyes deeply

Quote from: Delirium on November 28, 2012, 02:26:33 AM
I don't always act superior... but when I do it's on the forums of a text-based game

Because I have the dumb -- I can't figure out how to use MUSHclients aliases. Is there a guide for this somewhere?

I prefer cmud for two reasons:
1. Split screen when scrolling up
2. Live spell check
Varak:You tell the mangy, pointy-eared gortok, in sirihish: "What, girl? You say the sorceror-king has fallen down the well?"
Ghardoan:A pitiful voice rises from the well below, "I've fallen and I can't get up..."

I've used GMUD for years. Highly recommend it, but then again, I'm very accustom to it.
Quote from: James de Monet on April 09, 2015, 01:54:57 AM
My phone now autocorrects "damn" to Dman.
Quote from: deathkamon on November 14, 2015, 12:29:56 AM
The young daughter has been filled.

Cmud.

Easy triggers, alliasing, spell-checking (huge important one for me - and why I use CMud over Mushclient - could never get the spell check figured out).

Mudlet has spellcheck too.   But what...
Fredd-

Most have spellcheck, but I find that it's easier to have a spellcheck that points out the errors as you type.
Varak:You tell the mangy, pointy-eared gortok, in sirihish: "What, girl? You say the sorceror-king has fallen down the well?"
Ghardoan:A pitiful voice rises from the well below, "I've fallen and I can't get up..."

Mudlet has that.
Fredd-

Dude!
Definitely worth considering then. Is it cheaper than c-mud? Are triggers easy to set up?

Quote from: Riev on April 22, 2013, 05:49:46 PM
I'm one of those old men that refuses to use any of your newfangled colors and triggers and menu bars.

There is very little I CAN'T do with GMUD, and the only thing I WOULD want from it is a built in timer system, but I can build that myself. I don't need automappers, and fancy colors, and whatnot. A few triggers, aliases, and being able to JAM on F1 - Disengage in combat clans, and I can do the rest.

/elitism

I'm an old fart who can't stand mud colors and fancy menu bars too. But I use MUSHclient. The only time I ever use triggers is if I'm playing a mage. But I always keep my spell spreadsheet open when I'm playing a mage, to see "at a glance" which spells I have, what their combos are, whether or not I need a component, which component I need, and what "power" I have the spell at. So for me, it's no big deal for me to type out the spell manually since it's right there to the side of my game screen.
Talia said: Notice to all: Do not mess with Lizzie's GDB. She will cut you.
Delirium said: Notice to all: do not mess with Lizzie's soap. She will cut you.

Quote from: 3kanks on April 24, 2013, 07:33:14 AM
Dude!
Definitely worth considering then. Is it cheaper than c-mud? Are triggers easy to set up?

Check it out and see.  I didn't really set any tiggers up, only like six keyboard shortcuts for walking commands.
Fredd-

CMUD. It was hugely popular with the first MUD I really played, although I'm not sure I'd recommend buying it now as it hasn't been updated in over two years now and the guy officially abandoned the project. It supports the infobar (although there's a huge problem with it that I can't get around) and has a nice mapper.

Looking forward to switching to Mudlet or TinTin++ at some point.