The bloodied, blade-wielding man says in sirihish:
      "Yeah but... if you kill like, thirty killers there's twenty nine less."

Quote from: MeTekillot on October 04, 2016, 01:51:16 PM
The sombre, scruffy-faced pacifist says in sirihish:
     "If you kill a killer, there's the same amount of killers in the Known."

The bloodied, blade-wielding man says in sirihish:
      "Yeah but... if you kill like, thirty killers there's twenty nine less."

The two types of Zalanthan 'good guy'. :D
She wasn't doing a thing that I could see, except standing there leaning on the balcony railing, holding the universe together. --J.D. Salinger

I think Allanak has had enough of Tek'd up, Trickle Down.

a word of caution and wisdom re: pairs...

the skeletal-thin, scar-lipped elf says in rinthi-accented allundean:
        "Every place has its unlucky numbers. In these narrows where you're either alone or bein' stabbed in the back... -Two- is the unluckiest of 'em all."
Czar of City Elves.

The pot-bellied greasy-haired man says, in sirihish, after snorting some spice off the blade of his large bone knife,
   "Don't mind my friend! He's just admiring the shape of your skull."

While kanking/receiving BJ's from your mate to a whore:

Whoopsie-doo, here comes the goo.
It's slime time!
A shot of goo from me to you.
Ganna splurt the gurt!

What the fuck
QuoteSunshine all the time makes a desert.
Vote at TMS
Vote at TMC

"You might want to think twice before you try to use a man's conscience against him. It may turn out he doesn't have one."

"As they were walked closer, Kip saw that his inference was correct: every single person here was a drafter. There had to be eight hundred or a thousand drafters here! "Orholam," Karris breathed. "There must be five hundred drafters here." So I can't count, so what?"

"Do you know what you can do to an enemy but not to a friend? Stab her in the back."

"This world has only two kinds of people: villains and smiling villains."

"It was like a child addressing a tidal wave, saying, I will not be moved—and before the words are out of his mouth, all is ocean, leaving no sign; not only no sign of the child, but no sign of his defiance, no sign that anything opposed the crushing sea in the least, no eddy, no swirl, no detritus, only simple, plain, indisputable nothingness."

Radar: [takes a drink of Hawkeye's home-made gin, and grimaces] I thought this stuff was supposed to make you feel better.
B.J.: No. It's supposed to make you feel nothing.

Paul Bowles, Their Heads are Green and Their Hands are Blue: Scenes from the Non-Christian World

"Immediately when you arrive in Sahara, for the first or the tenth time, you notice the stillness. An incredible, absolute silence prevails outside the towns; and within, even in busy places like the markets, there is a hushed quality in the air, as if the quiet were a conscious force which, resenting the intrusion of sound, minimizes and disperses sound straightaway. Then there is the sky, compared to which all other skies seem fainthearted efforts. Solid and luminous, it is always the focal point of the landscape. At sunset, the precise, curved shadow of the earth rises into it swiftly from the horizon, cutting into light section and dark section. When all daylight is gone, and the space is thick with stars, it is still of an intense and burning blue, darkest directly overhead and paling toward the earth, so that the night never really goes dark.

You leave the gate of the fort or town behind, pass the camels lying outside, go up into the dunes, or out onto the hard, stony plain and stand awhile alone. Presently, you will either shiver and hurry back inside the walls, or you will go on standing there and let something very peculiar happen to you, something that everyone who lives there has undergone and which the French call 'le bapteme de solitude.' It is a unique sensation, and it has nothing to do with loneliness, for loneliness presupposes memory. Here in this wholly mineral landscape lighted by stars like flares, even memory disappears...A strange, and by no means pleasant, process of reintergration begins inside you, and you have the choice of fighting against it, and insisting on remaining the person you have always been, or letting it take its course. For no one who has stayed in the Sahara for a while is quite the same as when he came.

...Perhaps the logical question to ask at this point is: Why go? The answer is that when a man has been there and undergone the baptism of solitude he can't help himself. Once he has been under the spell of the vast luminous, silent country, no other place is quite strong enough for him, no other surroundings can provide the supremely satisfying sensation of existing in the midst of something that is absolute. He will go back, whatever the cost in time or money, for the absolute has no price."

I know it's long but read the entire thing!
And I vanish into the dark
And rise above my station

I love the desert and would love to experience this. Plan to someday.

I can tell you that on that rare night in the middle of the Pacific Ocean, when the sea is calm, the lights of the ship are out, and the sky is cloudless, you get a similar feeling.  I'll never forget that, and I want more than anything to let my kids experience the same.  The night sky, with no terrestrial lights for hundreds, maybe thousands of miles...is indescribable.  It is so bright you will think that it's a trick because of all the light pollution you probably live with.

I have to imagine the middle of the Sahara is very similar.

I'm a little sad now.
At your table, the badass dun-clad female says in tribal-accented sirihish, putting on a piping voice, incongruous not the least because it doesn't get rid of her rasp:
     "'Oh, I killed me a forest cat!' That's nice; I wiped me bum after taking a shit.

Every Zalanthan character ever, eventually...

"I'm a reasonable guy. But, I've just experienced some very unreasonable things." - Jack Burton

Taking warspice just before going into that ankheg cave...

Jack Burton: Feel pretty good. I'm not, uh, I'm not scared at all. I just feel kind of... feel kind of invincible.
Wang Chi: Me, too. I got a very positive attitude about this.
Jack Burton: Good, me too.
Wang Chi: Yeah!
[pause]
Jack Burton: Is it getting hot in here, or is it just me?

Just another Runner...

Sergeant: I have seen stalks of corn with better physiques. Makes me want to pull an ear off, Private! Can you carry your weight?
Desmond: Yes, Sergeant!
Sergeant: It should be easy for you then. Corporal!
Corporal: Sergeant.
Sergeant: Make sure you keep this man away from strong winds.

"Evil turned out not to be a grand thing. Not sneering Emperors with world-conquering designs. Not cackling demons plotting in the darkness beyond the world. It was small men with their small acts and their small reasons. It was selfishness and carelessness and waste. It was bad luck, incompetence and stupidity. It was violence divorced from conscience or consequence. It was high ideals, even, and low methods."
- Joe Abercrombie, Red Country

"Gradually I came to realize that people will more readily swallow lies than truth, as if the taste of lies was homey, appetizing: a habit." - Martha Gellhorn
Live your life as though your every act were to become a universal law.

--Immanuel Kant

"Help me, Jesus! Help me, Jewish God! Help me, Allah! AAAAAHHH! Help me, Tom Cruise! Tom Cruise, use your witchcraft on me to get the fire off me!" - Ricky Bobby, Talladega Nights

"We all practise self-deception to a degree; no man can handle complete honesty without being cut at each turn. There's not enough room in a man's head for sanity alongside each grief, each worry, each terror that he owns."
- Mark Lawrence

Quote from: Delirium on February 12, 2017, 02:03:50 AM

"I'm a reasonable guy. But, I've just experienced some very unreasonable things." - Jack Burton

Jack Burton: Feel pretty good. I'm not, uh, I'm not scared at all. I just feel kind of... feel kind of invincible.
[pause]

Quote from: Jack BurtonJust remember what ol' Jack Burton does when the earth quakes, and the poison arrows fall from the sky, and the pillars of Heaven shake. Yeah, Jack Burton just looks that big ol' storm right square in the eye and he says, "Give me your best shot, pal. I can take it."
"I have seen him show most of the attributes one expects of a noble: courtesy, kindness, and honor.  I would also say he is one of the most bloodthirsty bastards I have ever met."

Quote from: Delirium on September 02, 2017, 10:29:46 PM
"We all practise self-deception to a degree; no man can handle complete honesty without being cut at each turn. There's not enough room in a man's head for sanity alongside each grief, each worry, each terror that he owns."
- Mark Lawrence

Quoted for absolute truth. This is a golden wisdom nugget right here.
Quote from: Is Friday
If you ever hassle me IC for not playing much that means that I'm going to play even less or I'll forever write you off as a neckbeard chained to his computer. So don't be a dick.

"I'd like to offer moral support, but I have questionable morals."

Quote from: Delirium on February 12, 2017, 02:03:50 AM

[pause]

This made me squee a little.  Bravo.  :D
"I survived because the fire inside me burned brighter than the fire around me."

"The battle-joy was in me. That joy. That madness. The gods must feel this way every moment of every day. It is as if the world slows, You see the attacker, you see him shouting through you hear nothing, and you know what he will do, and all his movements are so slow and yours are so quick, and in that moment you can do no wrong and you will live forever and your name will be blazoned across the heavens in a glory of white fire because you are the god of battle."

Bernard Cornwell gets it.
We were somewhere near the Shield Wall, on the edge of the Red Desert, when the drugs began to take hold...

"I could have finished you right there, man. They could have been putting you in a box and shipping you off for dirt. But no I didn't. No sir. I wanted to plant a little fear. You see, if you plant grass, you grow grass. If you plant rice, you grow rice. I plant fear, and fear will grow. Because if you have a man looking at you, and he has a little fear in his heart, where does that put him but in the palm of your hand? Because already you have created doubt in his own mind that he has the strength to continue against someone (like myself). Well, my man, time is running out. You've had time to think." -- Was pretty close to some dialogue that passed between people some time ago, though they didn't use 'rice' obviously.
I caused my knife to go into her back, and she effectively was murdered.<- Rulebook on how to politick. -Shalooonsh

Quote from: Decadent Decisions on September 28, 2017, 12:07:42 AM
"I could have finished you right there, man. They could have been putting you in a box and shipping you off for dirt. But no I didn't. No sir. I wanted to plant a little fear. You see, if you plant grass, you grow grass. If you plant rice, you grow rice. I plant fear, and fear will grow. Because if you have a man looking at you, and he has a little fear in his heart, where does that put him but in the palm of your hand? Because already you have created doubt in his own mind that he has the strength to continue against someone (like myself). Well, my man, time is running out. You've had time to think." -- Was pretty close to some dialogue that passed between people some time ago, though they didn't use 'rice' obviously.

Has to be my favorite sort of adversarial antagonism right there. "Kill dude" fails to hold weight when successful, as opposed to reminding them, there are things WORSE than death. It sets an intriguing stage for future events.
Quote from: Is Friday
If you ever hassle me IC for not playing much that means that I'm going to play even less or I'll forever write you off as a neckbeard chained to his computer. So don't be a dick.