Zalanthan-esque Quote of the Day

Started by Morrolan, April 15, 2013, 12:37:21 PM

The 13th Warrior is one of my favorites.

This world has only two kinds of people: villains and smiling villains.

QuoteA female voice says, in sirihish:
     "] yer a wizard, oashi"

Quote from: RogueGunslinger on August 08, 2015, 03:54:09 PM
The 13th Warrior is one of my favorites.
+1
The sound of a thunderous explosion tears through the air and blasts waves of pressure ripple through the ground.

Looking northward, the rugged, stubble-bearded templar asks you, in sirihish:
     "Well... I think it worked...?"

"You killed my only son!"

"You should have had twins!"

The short, skeletal man says, in rinthi-accented sirihish,
     "On days like today, kids like you..."

The short, skeletal man says, his eyes turning pitch black while he stares at you, in sirihish,
     "Should be burning in HELL!"

Magickal currents of energy swirl around the short, skeletal man.

The short, skeletal man utters an incantation.
Suddenly, an explosion of bone spikes erupts from beneath you!

Tired, frazzled, and covered in dust, the gruff, grizzle-bearded man says in southern-accented sirihish:
     "The one thing about living in Allanak I never could stomach... all the damned gemmed."

The sour, thick-mustachioed man says, in limey-accented sirihish, "Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or fucking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back."

The sour, thick-mustachioed man goes back to wiping down the bar, a murderous gleam in his eye.

I think that quote just needs to become Zalanthan standard or something. It's been posted in this thread at least three times. :D

I started to look for duplicates, then I was like.. yeah. Bears repeating.

With a cunning smile, the goateed, suave-featured Salarri merchant says, in sirihish,
     "Pay a man enough, and he'll walk barefoot into hell."
Child, child, if you come to this doomed house, what is to save you?

A voice whispers, "Read the tales upon the walls."

The sour, thick-mustachioed man says, in limey-accented sirihish, "Me? A bow? Fuck no. Terrible shot!"

The sour, thick-mustachioed man says, in limey-accented sirihish, a little more quietly, his eyes fixing on you, "Work better closer in."
It is said that things coming in through the gate can never be your own treasures. What is gained from external circumstances will perish in the end.
- the Mumonkan

The sour, thick-mustachioed man is hiding here.

The guard says to the Templar in sirihish, "He was a thick-mustachioed man."

The Templar says in sirihish, "Would you say he was sour?"

The guard says to the Templar in sirihish, "Yes. He was sour and thick-mustachioed. I saw him from the balcony with his hood up. I recognized him because he always wears a dark leather cuirass."

The sour, thick-mustachioed man thinks, "What a type you must consort with that you not fear beating for such an insult."
It is said that things coming in through the gate can never be your own treasures. What is gained from external circumstances will perish in the end.
- the Mumonkan

A Lirathan templar says, in Sirihish: "You know how sometimes you tell yourself that you have a choice, but really you don't have a choice? Just because there are alternatives doesn't mean they apply to you."
A staff member sends you:
"Normally we don't see a <redacted> walk into a room full of <redacted> and start indiscriminately killing."

You send to staff:
"Welcome to Armageddon."

Somewhere, teenage children in Nenyuk play a board game.

Anya: Crap! Look at this. I'm burdened with a husband, and several tiny pink children, and more cash than I can reasonably manage...
Xander: That means you're winning.
Anya: Really?
Xander: Yes. Cash equals good.
Anya: Oh! [claps] I'm so pleased! Can I trade in the children for more cash?!

Watching full metal jacket tonight I heard a quote and it made me search some logs cause I was sure I used it. Found it.

A Sun Runner asks: "You killed the children?"
A Red Fang says: "Yeah."
Giving you a disgusted look, a Sun Runner asks: "How can you kill children?
Moving his hand as if plucking a bow, a Red Fang says: "Easy, you just don't lead the shot so much."
"Normally we don't see a <redacted> walk into a room full of <redacted> and start indiscriminately killing."

You send to staff:
"Welcome to Armageddon."

"The truth is like salt. Men want to taste a little, but too much makes everyone sick."

"You were a hero round these parts. That's what they call you when you kill so many people the word murderer falls short."

"It's hard to be done a favor by a man you hate. It's hard to hate him so much afterwards. Losing an enemy can be worse than losing a friend, if you've had him for long enough."

"Severed heads never go out of fashion. Used sparingly and with artistic sensibility, they can make a point a great deal more eloquently than those still attached."

"Do you know what's worse than a villain? A villain who thinks he's a hero. A man like that, there's nothing he won't do, and he'll always find himself an excuse."

- Joe Abercrombie

I absolutely LOVED the first book I read in his series. The ending scene with Logan was perfect.

For some reason I stopped reading the second book about 1/5th the way through and I can't remember why. Since then I've associated the name Joe Abercrombie with a different writer of a different series of books that I did not like(Steven Erikson)... And all this time I've just completely forgotten about The First Law...

So basically reading those awesome quotes made me re-look up who he was and it reminded me of all this and now I have some awesome fucking books to read. I think I'm actually going to re-read the first again just to familiarize myself.

Thanks, D.

P.S. Plz don't hurt me for not liking Erikson.

"Has it ever occured to you, Master Ninefingers, that a sword is different from other weapons? Axes and maces and so forth are lethal enough, but they hang on the belt like dumb brutes. But a sword...a sword has a voice.
Sheathed it has little to say, to be sure, but you need only put your hand on the hilt and it begins to whisper in your enemy's ear. A gentle word. A word of caution. Do you hear it?
Now, compare it to the sword half drawn. It speaks louder, does it not? It hisses a dire threat. It makes a deadly promise. Do you hear it?
Now compare it to the sword full drawn. It shouts now, does it not? It screams defiance! It bellows a challenge! Do you hear it?"

"Why lie please yourself?"

Or

"Why make others to lie to please yourself?"

Sorry for the bump, but I saw Tosca and one of the lines made me to post this.
Fredd-
i love being a nobles health points

"Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt."

This one has always resonated with me, in game or real life. Tough shit.
We were somewhere near the Shield Wall, on the edge of the Red Desert, when the drugs began to take hold...

The man with a massive chin says:
"I  dont like you."

The rotund, pot-bellied youth says:
"I dont even know you."

The man with a massive chin says, gesturing to the woman with a  long, skinny face:
"Oh, Well I am Amos and this Amosa.

Suicide squad, fitting:

Northern Noble: What makes you think you can control them?

Northern Templar: Because getting people to act against their own self-interest is what I do for a living.

You send to staff:
"Welcome to Armageddon."

"I'm a soldier, not a monster. Even though I sometimes work for monsters."

The towering, dark-haired templar pounds on the wide stone meeting table.

The towering, dark-haired templar says, in Sirihish:
"We must find her! Her body was build up of a huge well-build metal!"

Cautioning, he wizened, lissome templar says, in Sirihish:
"Her large blade slung around her neck."

The towering, dark-haired templar thinks, feeling lustful:
"Her smile, and her anger in her eyes..."

(The towering, dark-haired templar's face betrays an inner conflict.)

(The wizened, lissome templar glances to the towering, dark-haired templar's expression.)

The wizened, lissome templar raises a finger in warning and emphasis.

The wizened, lissome templar says, in Sirihish,
"She was given a new experience in combat! She is a army of Barbara!"

The towering, dark-haired templar feels a mix of shame and desire.
- the Mumonkan

The grey, long-snouted mutant makes angry noises at the blonde-haired, light-skinned teen.

The old man with an upturned nose says, in Basic,
     "He doesn't like you."

The blonde-haired, light-skinned teen says, in Basic,
     "I'm sorry."

The old man with an upturned nose says, in Basic, grabbing the teen by the shoulder,
     "I don't like you either. You best just watch yourself. I have a death mark in twelve outposts!"

The blonde-haired, light-skinned teen says, in Basic, sarcastically,
     "Well I'll be careful then."

The old man with an upturned nose says, in Basic, drawing an obsidian dagger,
     "You'll be dead!"
Quote from: Adhira on January 01, 2014, 07:15:46 PM
I could give a shit about wholesome.