Zalanthan-esque Quote of the Day

Started by Morrolan, April 15, 2013, 12:37:21 PM

Brows knitting as he stares upon the puzzle lain before him, the tall, muscular man asks you, in sirihish:
     "Do you ever get the feeling that someone is playing a game with you?"

Voice suddenly flat, his countenance solemn and dead serious as he looks into the distance at some indeterminate point, you say, in sirihish:
      "All the time."

"He came at me with a knife. I put out my hand and - just so - made him into ash."

and

"You did not receive the Gem so you could babble arcane words. Go forth, and burn our enemy."
All the world will be your enemy. When they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you; digger, listener, runner, Prince with the swift warning. Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed.

As he clashes blades with a lanky, brown gith, the tall, muscular man says, in southern-accented sirihish:
     "Yeah I eat kalans when I'm killing cuz they're FUCKIN DELICIOUS."

The tall, muscular man eats a portion of a kalan fruit.

The tall, muscular man slashes a lanky, brown gith's head, wounding him.
A lanky brown gith reels from the blow.

Someone says, in sirihish:
     "I bet your cunt is so loose you could fit a half giant no problem"

Spoken to a templar.  Famous last words.
There is a candle in your heart, ready to be kindled. There is a void in your soul, ready to be filled. Can you feel it?  Can you?
- Rumi

With a gravelly voice, worn by age and smoking, the aging, grey-haired man says, in sirihish,
     "I'm no hero... never was, never will be..."

Pitying, the red-haired, lithe woman says, in sirihish,
     "You haven't changed at all, Snake... but, your body? Are you going to be alright?"

With an impassive tone, the aging, grey-haired man says, in sirihish,
     "The Templarate has given me strength to counter-act my bodies weakness. I'll be fine."

"The archers opened fire on the lone defiler, and we heard the most fearsome sound. She was laughing."

"When they deploy half-giants, they assume they're bigger and less breakable than their opponents. Go make them revise."
All the world will be your enemy. When they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you; digger, listener, runner, Prince with the swift warning. Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed.

Cheerfully, the small, perky brunette woman says, "Look, they got boy whores! Isn't that thoughtful?"
Clothes make the man.  Naked people have little or no influence in society.
~Mark Twain

Quote from: Evoru on October 13, 2014, 02:09:35 AM
Cheerfully, the small, perky brunette woman says, "Look, they got boy whores! Isn't that thoughtful?"

<3
Quote from: Twilight on January 22, 2013, 08:17:47 PMGreb - To scavenge, forage, and if Whira is with you, loot the dead.
Grebber - One who grebs.

Dragon Age Origins quotes.

"Brave of you sir, to so openly cast an envious eye towards me and mine. I suggest you look elsewhere, lest I consider removing your sight in a more permanent fashion."

"Take another step, human, and I guarantee it shall be your last. My tribes is dead and my life is in tatters because of you and your kin. I have nothing to lose, but you still possess your other eye."

"I suggest you reach for your purse swiftly friend. Ale may have dulled my senses enough so that I merely maim your pretty features, but should I become sober I will be in a mood to show you a new realm of pain and violence."

"What I have seen and done to achieve my position defies belief. What I am capable of and will be party to in order to retain it would chill your soul."

The last-of-his-kind tribal says in tribal-accented sirihish:
   "My tribe used to have a saying for situations like this."

The last-of-his-kind tribal clears his throat and pauses dramatically.

The last-of-his-kind tribal says in bendune:
   "Kill him."

"You know... it's times like these that remind me of my father's last words."

"Don't son.  That crossbows loaded!"
Quote from: BadSkeelz
Ah well you should just kill those PCs. They're not worth the time of plotting creatively against.

June 16, 2015, 07:44:25 PM #236 Last Edit: June 16, 2015, 07:50:51 PM by RogueGunslinger
"The good news is there's hope for you, private. Hope in the form of glorious combat. Battle is the great redeemer, the fiery crucible in which the only true heroes are forged. The one place where all men truly share the same rank, regardless of what kind of parasitic scum they were going in."

Also:

"Through readiness and discipline we are the masters of our fate."

"That's a mighty fine coat you're wearin'."

Quote from: RogueGunslinger on June 16, 2015, 07:44:25 PM
"The good news is there's hope for you, private. Hope in the form of glorious combat. Battle is the great redeemer, the fiery crucible in which the only true heroes are forged. The one place where all men truly share the same rank, regardless of what kind of parasitic scum they were going in."

Also:

"Through readiness and discipline we are the masters of our fate."

"Edge of the knife. Tip of the spear. . .  Crack of my ass."

Underrated film.

Another one that's rolled around in my head since I first heard it. Think it could be said by any combat or criminal clan recruiter:

"You know, you were the youngest person I've ever recruited. Looked ridiculous, they said, crossbow up to here... Remember they brought you in for something, what was it for? Right, pickpocketing an aide, friend of mine. Brought you in, this kid, like an animal. But you looked at me, hair stuck to half your face, just the one eye looking at me... And I could see it. Like it was being acted out in a northie play: the bad version of your life, like it was a vision, I could see... I could see how you'd turn bad. So I changed it. I cleaned up you up, and put a sword in your hand."

US Marine Corpse General Mattis always had some very colorful quotes that I could easily see getting used by a Blue Robe, a Tor, or even a Borsail:

"I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you fuck with me, I'll kill you all."

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet."

"The first time you blow someone away is not an insignificant event."

"I were to sum up what I've learned in 35 years of service, it's improvise, improvise, improvise."

"Marines don't know how to spell the word defeat."

"no war is over until the enemy says it's over. We may think it over, we may declare it over, but in fact, the enemy gets a vote."

"Demonstrate to the world there is 'No Better Friend, No Worse Enemy' than a U.S. Marine. "

"It is mostly a matter of wills. Whose will is going to break first? Ours or the enemy's?"

""Be the hunter, not the hunted: Never allow your unit to be caught with its guard down."
Quote from: musashiengaging in autoerotic asphyxiation is no excuse for sloppy grammer!!!

Armageddon.org

"Diplomacy. War for pussies." - Last Week Tonight, John Oliver.
Quote from: MorgenesYa..what Bushranger said...that's the ticket.

The muscular, blond-mulleted man says, in 80's accented sirihish:
     "I'm a reasonable guy. But, I've just experienced some very unreasonable things."

"Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair or fucking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back."
It is said that things coming in through the gate can never be your own treasures. What is gained from external circumstances will perish in the end.
- the Mumonkan

Aww, Al.

Here's my counter-offer to your counter-offer: go fuck yourself.
Where it will go

While adjusting his wide-brimmed brown leather hat, the gangly, long-haired man says, in southern-accented sirihish:
     "You know the sound of thunder, don't you, miss Garrett?"

Tense, the lissome, limpid-eyed brunette says to the gangly, long-haired man, in northern-accented sirihish:
     "Of course."

The gangly, long-haired man says, in southern-accented sirihish:
     "Can you imagine that sound if I asked you to?"

Blinking at him, the lissome, limpid-eyed brunette says, in northern-accented sirihish:
     "Yes I can, mister Hickok."

With meaningful intensity, the gangly, long-haired man says to the lissome, limpid-eyed brunette, in southern-accented sirihish:
     "Your mate and me had this talk, and I told him to head home to avoid a dark result. But I didn't say it in thunder. Ma'am, listen to the thunder."

"We will be cruel to the Tuluki, and through our cruelty they will know who we are.  And they will find the evidence of our cruelty in the disemboweled, dismembered, and disfigured bodies of their brothers we leave behind us.  And the Tuluki won't not be able to help themselves but to imagine the cruelty their brothers endured at our hands, and our boot heels, and the edge of our knives.  And the Tuluki will be sickened by us, and the Tuluki will talk about us, and the Tuluki will fear us.  And when the Tuluki closes their eyes at night and they're tortured by their subconscious for the evil they have done, it will be with thoughts of us they are tortured with.  Sound good?"

Lady Templar blankety blank, who is missed.

Scene:  The henchman of a jealous noble is killed in a sham duel, the day before a big combat RPT:

Standing victoriously at the side of the ring, the fair, bearded man dumps a bucket of water over his head.

Stepping around the headless body of the tall, red-headed man the short, swarthy man tells the fair, bearded man indignantly, in southern-accented sirihish,
    "You, you could have killed him at will."

Blithely, the fair, bearded man asks, in northern-accented sirihish,
   "Yes?"

Looking confused, the short, swarthy man asks, in southern-accented sirihish,
   "Well, why the deception?"

Letting out a laugh and gesturing towards the nobleman, the fair, bearded man says, in northern-accented sirihish,
   "Deception is the point! Any fool can calculate strength! That one has been doing it since we arrived. Now he has to calculate what he can't see."

With a somber nod of understanding, the short, swarthy man says, in southern-accented sirihish,
   "And fear... what he doesn't know."

Speaking up from nearby, tone stern, the huge man with long blond hair man says to the short, swarthy man, in northern-accented sirihish,
    "As you say, foolish. And expensive. We will miss Amos tonight, we will miss his sword."

One of my favorite scenes from 13th Warrior.  :)

It's definitely on my "list of Arm-inspiring movies." A scene from another one:

Highlord Joe sends out the War Argosy and distributes some charity and cautionary advice.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T08GLeUWnQs

I was nonstop busy when this movie came out, and I missed it in the theater.  I still haven't seen it.  :(