Zalanthan-esque Quote of the Day

Started by Morrolan, April 15, 2013, 12:37:21 PM

Quote from: bcw81 on May 12, 2013, 11:18:42 PM
"Welcome to fucking Boatmurdered Red Storm!"
The Allanak volcano was Tek trying to flood the map to kill those fucking elephants beetles. He'll kill all those fucking beetles.

This isn't a choice, like my diet, this is a necessity like my drinking
I remember recruiting this Half elf girl. And IMMEDIATELY taking her out on a contract. Right as we go into this gith hole I tell her "Remember your training, and you'll be fine." and she goes "I have no training." Then she died

I guess I can kiss heaven goodbye, because it must be a sin to look this good

-will smith in the fresh prince of bel-air-

If there was some zalanthian version of this, I could totally see a Kadian saying it at some point. LOL.
I remember recruiting this Half elf girl. And IMMEDIATELY taking her out on a contract. Right as we go into this gith hole I tell her "Remember your training, and you'll be fine." and she goes "I have no training." Then she died

May 14, 2013, 11:24:12 AM #78 Last Edit: May 14, 2013, 11:28:26 AM by Morrolan
Quote from: [s]Tank[/s] [b]Kank[/b] GirlListen up, cause I'm only telling you this once. I'm not bedtime story lady, so pay attention. It's 2033 the 22nd Age. The world is *screwed* now. You see, a while ago this humongous comet came crashing into the earth dragon sucked the life out of the land. Bam, total devastation. End of the world as we know it. No celebrities airy-fairy elves, no cable TV dwarven beards, no water. It hasn't It's rained once in 11 years Ages. Now 20 people gotta squeeze inside the same bathtub - so it ain't all bad.
"I have seen him show most of the attributes one expects of a noble: courtesy, kindness, and honor.  I would also say he is one of the most bloodthirsty bastards I have ever met."

"You just gotta say what you did when you lost your virginity. You gotta say 'Daddy, are you sure this is right?'"

Quote from: KessleeThe pipe. You're gonna really love this one. It goes down 40 meters. It gets smaller and smaller the deeper you go.

Quote from: Tank GirlSounds wicked. Can I go first?

"I have seen him show most of the attributes one expects of a noble: courtesy, kindness, and honor.  I would also say he is one of the most bloodthirsty bastards I have ever met."

"Don't take no shit off fools. Judge a person by what's in 'em, not how they look. An' you do the right thing. Be one of the good guys. 'Cause there's way too many of the bad."

"Tell me, Bronn. If I told you to kill a babe... an infant girl, say, still at her mother's breast... would you do it? Without question?"

"Without question? No." The sellsword rubbed thumb and forefingers together. "I'd ask how much."

"Trust no one! As soon as God crapped out the third caveman, a conspiracy was hatched against one of them!"

placing a dagger at the base of a hooded figure he found in his apartments skull, the wiry, dark-haired man says
"I don't know what's going through your mind, but I know what's about to"

"My mother told me not to throw stones at cripples. My father told my to aim for the head"

Curled up against the hulking, gap-toothed barbarian, speaking in a soft manner, the lithe, blonde-haired woman says, in sirihish:
     "All my life I've been alone. Many times I've faced death with no one to know. I would look into the huts and the tents of others in the coldest dark and I would see figures holding each other in the night. But I always passed by. You and I, we have warmth, that's so hard to find in this world. Please, let someone else pass by in the night."
<Prompt stuff here
The next day, the hulking, gap-toothed barbarian rides off into the wastes, never to be seen again; damn permadeath!

(The following ones all come from the Mel Gibson film, "Payback". The grit of the film always makes me think of a modern-day Arm XD)

"Crooked Arm. Do they come in any other way? If I'd been just a little dumber, I could have joined the Militia myself."

Well-to-do Commoner: "You know what, Lord Hardnose, this one's on me. OK?"
Lord Hardnose: "Do you see me reaching for my fucking coin pouch?"

"Not many people know what their life's worth is. I do. Seventy small. That's what they took from me. And that's what I was going to get back."

Amos Assassin: "We went for breakfast... in Red Storm. We made a deal; if she'd stop hookin', I'd stop knifing people."
Amos Assassin: "Maybe we were aiming high."

Random Militia: "The problem with kicking a Sharp's ass is an hour later you wanna do it again."

Agent-da Kurac: "Do you understand your value to the organization, Resnick? You're a sadist. You lack compunction. That comes in handy."

After shooting the bulky, blonde man in the leg with his agafari crossbow, and stuffing a rolled tube of spice between his lips the gruff, grey-eyed man asks, in sirihish; "You gotta light?"
Wincing in pain, the bulky, blonde man says to the gruff, grey-eyed man in sirihish: "What?"
Appearing agitated, the gruff grey-eyed man asks the bulky, blonde man, in sirihish: "You got a light?"
Confusion crossing his features, the bulky, blonde man exclaims, in sirihish: "No!"
Shrugging, the gruff, grey-eyed man says to the bulky, blonde man, in sirihish: "Then what good are you?"
The gruff, grey-eyed man shoots the bulky, blonde man in the face with his agafari crossbow, doing horrendous damage.

Guild Lead: "I don't want Mr. Big hearing about this... he'll think I'm getting soft. One of his principles has always been: if you don't understand it, get rid of it... a stitch in time, so to speak, so... stitch this 'tok up, Amos."

Random Blonde PC:  "Beauty of the Gyppos is that they won't go to the Arm. They keep everything in house... and, they don't feel pain the way we do."
Random Gruff PC: "Notice anything about those guys, Amos?"
Random Blonde PC: "They look nasty, probably all poison-using mother fuckers."
Random Gruff PC: "They weren't wearing their harnesses."

"You'd think after five months of lying on my back, I would have given up any idea of getting even, just be a nice guy and call it a day. Nice guys are fine: you have to have somebody to take advantage of... but they always finish last."

"Nobody likes a tregil on his back: I had three, and they were cramping my style. I was gonna' have to lighten the load."

Lord Hardnose's Aide, over the way: "There's a young lady to see you, sir... her name is Pearl."
Lord Hardnose: "She's got two very bad habits; right now I'm only interested in one of 'em. Send her up."

Rosie: [calming her gortok] "He's the meanest damn 'tok that ever lived."
Porter: "What's his name?"
Rosie: "Porter."

"Circumstanced necessitated a change," Rosanna replied.

I shrugged one shoulder - the one bearing Fidelacchius. "Same here."

"What circumstances are those?" Rosanna demanded.

"The ones where I'm dealing with a pack of two-faced, backstabbing, treacherous, murderous lunatics whom I trust no farther than I can kick."

She regarded me with level, lovely eyes. "And what is the Knights' intended role?"

"They're here to build trust."

"Trust?" She asked.

"Absolutely. I can kick you a lot farther when they're around."

QuoteA female voice says, in sirihish:
     "] yer a wizard, oashi"

"Here is a riddle to guess if you can:
What makes a monster and what makes a man?"
- Disney's Hunchback of Notre Dame

(Not a very good movie, but surprisingly dark and has some great one-liners)

Watching the two soldiers scramble away, then glancing over with a thoughtful expression, the hulking, dark-haired man asks, in sirihish:
    "How many men does it take to deliver a message?"

Smirking and aiming his bow at one of the fleeing soldiers, the slender, hook-nosed man says, in sirihish:
    "One."

Mal: "We're not gonna die. We can't die, Bendis. You know why? Because we are so...very...pretty. We are just too pretty for God to let us die."

and also:

Zoe:  "You sanguine about the kind of reception we're apt to receive on an Alliance ship, Cap'n?"

Mal: "Absolutely." (beat) "What's 'sanguine' mean?"

Zoe:  " 'Sanguine'. Hopeful. Plus -- point of interest -- it also means 'bloody'."

Mal:  "Well, that pretty much covers all the options, don't it?"

"Put your trust in the Highlord; your ass belongs to me. Welcome to Allanak." - any Nakki Templar
I'm taking an indeterminate break from Armageddon for the foreseeable future and thereby am not available for mudsex.
In law a man is guilty when he violates the rights of others. In ethics he is guilty if he only thinks of doing so.

"Sometimes, when someone lives in danger for too long, the only time they feel alive is when death's breathing on their shoulder."
- The Last Argument of Kings, Joe Abercrombie

"So passed the seasons then, so they pass now, and so they will pass in time to come, while we come and go like leaves of the tree that fall and are soon forgotten."
- The Case Book of Sherlock Holmes, Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"Salvidienus' death is a reminder of an alienation deep inside Antony's personality. It was easy to be misled by his celebrated bonhomie, his fondness for fun and games, for binge drinking and easy women; but below the affability lay a casual brutality and an inability to imagine the feelings of others."
- The Rise of Rome: The Making of the World's Greatest Empire, Anthony Everitt

"You're awful."
"I'm honest. It's the world that's awful."
- Sansa & The Hound, George R. R. Martin

July 02, 2013, 03:36:24 PM #92 Last Edit: July 02, 2013, 03:38:22 PM by Ender
"The tembo doesn't concern itself with the opinions of the tandu."
man
/mæn/

-noun

1.   A biped, ungrateful.

"What is a weekend?" - the Dowager Countess, Downton Abbey, aka every Zalanthan noble ever.
Quote from: Vanth on February 13, 2008, 05:27:50 PM
I'm gonna go all Gimfalisette on you guys and lay down some numbers.

July 13, 2013, 09:54:16 PM #94 Last Edit: July 13, 2013, 10:01:41 PM by musashi
Quote from: Delirium on July 01, 2013, 11:39:36 PM
"You're awful."
"I'm honest. It's the world that's awful."
- Sansa & The Hound, George R. R. Martin

Fucking +1  ;D

And of course ...

"I always think everything could be a trap ... which is why I'm still alive."
-Humperdinck

"There's not a lot of money in revenge."
-Inigo

"My way's not very sportsman-like."
-Fezzik

"I just want you to feel you're doing well. I hate for people to die embarrassed."
-Fezzik

"You're trying to kidnap what I've rightfully stolen."
-Vizzini
Quote from: Marauder Moe
Oh my god he's still rocking the sandwich.

July 13, 2013, 10:37:32 PM #95 Last Edit: July 13, 2013, 10:40:24 PM by Morrolan
Aide Buttercup: "Why do you wear a mask? Were you burned by acid a kryl or something?"

The Dread Raider Amos: "Oh no. It's just they're terribly comfortable. I think everyone will be wearing them in the future."

and, of course:

Lord Fale to dwarf assassin: "You've been chasing me your entire life, only to fail now. I think that's the worst thing I've ever heard; how marvelous."

Can't get enough Princess Bride in there!

Byn warrior: Are you the Miracle Max who worked for the King all those years?

Miracle Max: The King's stinking son, Quintis, fired me, and thank you so much for bringing up such a painful subject. While you're at it, why don't you give me a nice paper cut and pour citron juice on it? We're closed!!

OMG how could I forget about the masks!?! So awesome!
Quote from: Marauder Moe
Oh my god he's still rocking the sandwich.

Nothing is more common than for great thieves to ride in triumph when small ones are punished. -- Seneca (3 BC-  65 AD)

The genius of you Americans Tulukis is that you never make clear-cut stupid moves, only complicated stupid moves which make us wonder at the possibility that there may be something to them which we are missing.

Gamel Abdel Nasser