Zalanthan-esque Quote of the Day

Started by Morrolan, April 15, 2013, 12:37:21 PM

Quote from: Morrolan on April 18, 2013, 12:05:29 PM
Quote from: Nyr on April 18, 2013, 10:59:30 AM
"Don't much see the benefit in gettin' involved in stranger's troubles without a up-front price negotiated."

"They're whores."

I've used this quote IRL, where actual whores were involved, where a friend of mine did not realize they were whores.

Quote from: James de Monet on April 09, 2015, 01:54:57 AM
My phone now autocorrects "damn" to Dman.
Quote from: deathkamon on November 14, 2015, 12:29:56 AM
The young daughter has been filled.

April 19, 2013, 07:32:06 AM #26 Last Edit: April 19, 2013, 07:37:28 AM by Bushranger
"Yeah well what you plan and what takes place ain't ever exactly been similar." -- Byn Trooper Cobb spoken to his Sergeant.

"Polish comes from the cities; wisdom from the desert." -- Arrakeen Tribal

Quote from: MorgenesYa..what Bushranger said...that's the ticket.

"No battle plan survives first contact with the enemy." - Helmuth von Moltke
<Morgenes> Dunno if it's ever been advertised, but we use Runequest as a lot of our inspiration, and that will be continued in Arm 2
<H&H> I can't take that seriously.
<Morgenes> sorry HnH, can't take what seriously?
<H&H>Oh, I read Runescape. Nevermin

"The power to cause pain is the only power that matters, the power to kill and destroy, because if you can't kill then you are always subject to those who can, and nothing and no one will ever save you." -Ender Wiggin

QuoteA female voice says, in sirihish:
     "] yer a wizard, oashi"

"...to save the world. Save it...why? I like the death. I like the misery. I like THIS WORLD!" Vender, Cyborg
A staff member sends:
     "I hate you. :p"

Quote from: Delirium on April 18, 2013, 10:43:47 AM
"All these moments will be lost in time, like grains of sand in the desert. Time to die."

I thought about that, and "like tears in the sand". Maybe a bit too soft for the harsh world, but still ...

"The best weapon against an enemy is another enemy." - Friedrich Nietzsche

"If you kill enough of them, they stop fighting." - Curtis LeMay

"All I have in this world is my balls and my word, and I don't break them for anybody" - Scarface

"Oh, no! You have found my weakness. Small knives!" - Peter Parker (Andrew Garfield)

"You betray the law, you betray the city, judgement is death." - Judge Dredd (Karl Urban)
I have learned that one can, in fact, typo to death.

Quote from: KismeticTuluk is not Inception, the text experience.

Holding out his leather spice pouch Kuraci Outrider Blaine says, in northern accented sirihish: "This shit will make you a drov-damned sexual anakore, just like me!"
After snorting a pinch of colorful spice Kuraci Outrider Blaine says, in northern accented sirihish: "I ain't got time to bleed."

While gazing cautiously over the horizon the buff, rugged Benjari says, in tribal-accented sirihish: "I'm scared Poncho."
White-knuckled as he grips his crossbow tightly the skinny, short-haired human says, in rinthi-accented sirihish: "Kank-shit. You ain't afraid of no man."
As he cuts on himself with an obsidian hawkblade the buff, rugged Benjari says, in tribal-accented sirihish: "There's something out there waiting for us, and it ain't no man. We're all gonna die."

As she stares wide-eyed the lithe, dark-haired lass says, in tribal-accented sirihish: "When I was little, we found a man. He looked like - like, butchered. The old woman around the tents crossed themselves... and whispered crazy things, strange things."
Scrunching up her face as she grimaces the lithe, dark-haired lass says, in tribal-accented benjari: "El Diablo cazador de hombres."
Staring into the tall, muscular man's face the lithe, dark-haired lass says, in tribal-accented sirihish: "Only in the hottest years this happens. And this year, it grows hot. We begin finding our men. We found them sometimes without their skins... and sometimes much, much worse."
Speaking plainly the lithe, dark-haired lass says, in tribal-accented benjari: "El cazador trofeo de los hombres"
Continuing to explain to the tall, muscular man the lithe, dark haired lass says, in tribal-accented sirihish: "Means the demon who makes trophies of men."

--
The whole movie is like all of the best Byn/Salarr/Kurac plots I've ever been involved in where something terrible is happening in a far corner of the Known, an RPT is held where a group goes out to investigate and then most of us die horribly to some terrible evil thing(s) only the twisted minds of Armageddon staff could dream up!
Quote from: MorgenesYa..what Bushranger said...that's the ticket.

"How about I draw you a diagram once you realize who's in charge?" -Initial D
I remember recruiting this Half elf girl. And IMMEDIATELY taking her out on a contract. Right as we go into this gith hole I tell her "Remember your training, and you'll be fine." and she goes "I have no training." Then she died

Quote from: Lieutenant Kon'nHighlord, I have never prayed to you before. I have no tongue for it. No one, not even you, will remember if we were good men or bad. Why we fought, or why we died. All that matters is that two stood against many. That's what's important! Valor pleases you, Highlord... so grant me one request. Grant me revenge!
"I have seen him show most of the attributes one expects of a noble: courtesy, kindness, and honor.  I would also say he is one of the most bloodthirsty bastards I have ever met."

"You'd be surprised at what you'd do to stay alive."

"Life is empty. Life is worthless. When we take a life, we aren't taking anything of value."

Durzo Blint.
All the world will be your enemy. When they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you; digger, listener, runner, Prince with the swift warning. Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed.

Quote from: HavokBlue on April 23, 2013, 06:17:43 PM
"You'd be surprised at what you'd do to stay alive."

"Life is empty. Life is worthless. When we take a life, we aren't taking anything of value."

Durzo Blint.
Fuck yes! I loved the shit out of the Night Angel Trilogy! :D
Quote from: LauraMars
Quote from: brytta.leofaLaura, did weird tribal men follow you around at age 15?
If by weird tribal men you mean Christians then yes.

Quote from: Malifaxis
She was teabagging me.

My own mother.

the dark-haired person says, in sirihish: "They have been...gnawed upon."

the blonde-haired person says, in tribal-accented sirihish: "It is said they eat their dead."

the dark-haired person says, in sirihish, shocked: "What kind of a man...would do that?"

the blonde-haired person says, in tribal-accented sirihish, all dramatic: "It was not man...it was the Gith."
A staff member sends:
     "I hate you. :p"

April 24, 2013, 01:00:32 AM #39 Last Edit: April 24, 2013, 01:09:55 AM by musashi
"I'm not afraid of death; I just don't want to be there when it happens."
-Bynner

"The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man who lives fully is prepared to die at any time."
-Joe Lyksae

"I meant," said the aide bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
The templar thought about it.
"Songbirds," he said eventually. "Songbirds are nice."
Quote from: Marauder Moe
Oh my god he's still rocking the sandwich.

April 27, 2013, 11:20:45 PM #40 Last Edit: April 27, 2013, 11:23:44 PM by Fredd
"I may be making a dishonest living, but at least I'm doing it honestly"

-Daddy Dynamite- (Black dynamites father)

"Father is just another word for mother fucker"

-Black Dynamite-
I remember recruiting this Half elf girl. And IMMEDIATELY taking her out on a contract. Right as we go into this gith hole I tell her "Remember your training, and you'll be fine." and she goes "I have no training." Then she died

"Shiny. Let's be bad guys." --Jayne Cobb (of the cunning hat)
"I have seen him show most of the attributes one expects of a noble: courtesy, kindness, and honor.  I would also say he is one of the most bloodthirsty bastards I have ever met."

Sergeant Mall - Well, looks at this! Appears we got here just in the nick of time. What does that make us?

Trooper Zowe: Big damn heroes, sir!

Sergeant Mall - Ain't we just?

Quote from: James de Monet on April 09, 2015, 01:54:57 AM
My phone now autocorrects "damn" to Dman.
Quote from: deathkamon on November 14, 2015, 12:29:56 AM
The young daughter has been filled.

Trooper Zoe to Runner Idjit:
    "First rule of battle, little one ... don't ever let them know where you are."

Sergeant Mal comes in, launching arrows from the way he came, shouting:
    "WHOO-HOO! I'M RIGHT HERE! I'M RIGHT HERE! YOU WANT SOME O' ME?! YEAH YOU DO! COME ON! COME ON! AAAAAH! Whoo-hoo!"

Trooper Zoe to Runner Idjit:
    "'Course, there're other schools of thought."

Quote from: Desertman on April 29, 2013, 10:48:46 AM
Sergeant Mall - Well, looks at this! Appears we got here just in the nick of time. What does that make us?

Trooper Zowe: Big damn heroes, sir!

Sergeant Mall - Ain't we just?

I've seen this happen IG.
Quote from: Fathi on March 08, 2018, 06:40:45 PMAnd then I sat there going "really? that was it? that's so stupid."

I still think the best closure you get in Armageddon is just moving on to the next character.

Quote from: Is Friday on April 29, 2013, 11:06:13 AM

Yeah, except they were probably coming to help bun the mindworm/witch. :)

Quote from: Morrolan on April 29, 2013, 11:12:02 AM
Quote from: Is Friday on April 29, 2013, 11:06:13 AM

Yeah, except they were probably coming to help bun the mindworm/witch. :)
Gith IIRC.
Quote from: Fathi on March 08, 2018, 06:40:45 PMAnd then I sat there going "really? that was it? that's so stupid."

I still think the best closure you get in Armageddon is just moving on to the next character.

On gith:

Quote from: Trooper ZoeIf they take the wagon, they'll rape us to death, eat our flesh and sew our skins into their clothing.

The muscular, dark-skinned woman pauses for emphasis.

Quote from: Trooper ZoeAnd if we're very, very lucky, they'll do it in that order.

Heh, Firefly lends itself to Armageddon so well.
Quote from: Marauder Moe
Oh my god he's still rocking the sandwich.

High above a dusty city [East, West, North, South, Down]
   There is a city below you and the people look like ants. The desert air is dusty and all around you.
>
>You say, in sirihish, closing your eyes gently, "I am a leaf on the wind."
I tripped and Fale down my stairs. Drink milk and you'll grow Uaptal. I know this guy from the state of Tenneshi. This house will go up Borsail tomorrow. I gave my book to him Nenyuk it back again. I hired this guy golfing to Kadius around for a while.