Author Topic: Zalanthan-esque Quote of the Day  (Read 68420 times)

razorback

Re: Zalanthan-esque Quote of the Day
« Reply #350 on: May 13, 2019, 03:35:10 AM »
“It will make you powerful. But it will also make you weak. Your prowess in combat will be beyond any mortal's, but your weaknesses, your failings will increase as well."
A staff member sends:
     "I hate you. :p"

Delirium

• Helper
« Reply #351 on: May 13, 2019, 02:32:21 PM »
"If you do not have a tragic backstory, one will be assigned to you."
"There are no happy endings, because nothing ends." - Schmendrick

MeTekillot

« Reply #352 on: May 15, 2019, 12:29:29 AM »
"The breed had fine, slender hands, but Amos had seen him crack a cunyati shell with two fingers. He was an enigma. As sensual and indolent as any courtesan and yet as deadly as an assassin."
--
"Unfortunately for Malik, we had not yet developed the ability to empathize with the pain and suffering of other people, and his terrified fleeing was pretty much the most fun thing that had ever happened to us."

--
"On the contrary. Death is the ultimate fairness. Rich and poor, young and old, all are equal in death. You would not like to see Drov play favorites."
--
"Are you saying I'm a liar?"
"I'm saying you're an optimist. Same thing basically."

--
"See? Discovering the truth doesn't necessarily lead to a sense of hope. Truth can be full of despair, too! Like right fuckin' now!"
--
"My favorite three questions are, What do I want?, What do I have?, and How can I best use the latter to get the former?"
--
"Not a "crazed murderer", Pa, I'm an assassin! ...Well the "difference" bein' one is a job, and the other's mental sickness!"
--
"Nilaz at the gates. Howling my name. Can't greet you today, I have a fight to win."
--
"A suicide mission? Hm. Yes, a suicide mission will do nicely."
--
"Lay down your weapon and submit to the Highlord's justice! You're surrounded."
"All I'm surrounded by is fear. And dead men."

--
Also, I like my cootch to have a pert pink color and nice smell. Knowing my luck I would bonk someone with AIDs, get rotten box, and die miserable.

MeTekillot

« Reply #353 on: May 21, 2019, 07:59:18 PM »
"From deep down in my stomach, with every inch of me, I pure, straight hate. But Highlord's balls do I respect you!"
--
"Finally. A man worth killing."
--
"I keep forgetting that he's smarter than me. He is an exceedingly dangerous man. I may have to kill him...
... or offer him a job."

--
"I'd dearly love to fight you someday. And I mean that with the greatest respect."
--
"I regret that we meet in this way. You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could call you friend."
--
"Only one human has survived battle with a mantis hive. She is behind me. You are in front of me. If you value your lives, be somewhere else."
--
« Last Edit: May 21, 2019, 08:07:57 PM by MeTekillot »
Also, I like my cootch to have a pert pink color and nice smell. Knowing my luck I would bonk someone with AIDs, get rotten box, and die miserable.

MeTekillot

« Reply #354 on: May 30, 2019, 08:17:40 PM »
"In reality, when you have once devoted your life to your enterprises, you are no longer the equal of other men, or, rather, other men are no longer your equals, and whosoever has taken this resolution, feels his strength and resources doubled."
--
"No mind to think.
No will to break.
No voice to cry suffering."

--

MeTekillot

« Reply #355 on: June 04, 2019, 02:04:30 AM »
"You think I've crossed a line. There is no line. For the safety of this city, there is no one I will not sacrifice, no monster I will not call friend, no enemy I will not sleep with."
--
"You're all puppets, tangled in strings... There are no strings on me."
--
"A man is his own easiest dupe, for what he wishes to be true he generally believes to be true."
--
"I see only one move ahead, but it is always the correct one."
--
"There is blood on my hands, how long till it lies on my heart?"
--
"Drov tried to cut her string but found the thread had turned to steel."
--
"If there can be no victory, then I will fight forever."
--
"Lord Borsail, what kind of a woman is Captain Talia?"
"Oh, she's just like any other woman, only more so."

--
"YOU'RE NOT BUILT FOR THIS SHIT!"
--
"Everyone sees what you appear to be, few really know what you really are."
--
"In his head there is a voice, wild with laughter, crying, Reject me, try it, lay one hand on me again and you will be pieces, all of you, and your pathetic ruin, nothing but dust. Outwardly he holds to that slight, polite smile."
--
"No, bring your blade to parry. Then across. Try again. No, that's totally wrong! Ten lashes for getting blood on my uniform. Medic!"
--

MeTekillot

« Reply #356 on: June 07, 2019, 12:30:00 AM »
"Most of this is my blood, don't worry."

Voular

« Reply #357 on: June 10, 2019, 05:59:51 AM »
“Why does everyone run toward a blood-curdling scream?" mumbled the Senior Wrangler. "It's contrary to all sense.”
--
“It's partly true, too, but it isn't all true. People always think something's all true.”
--
"They built a wall and a temple on the edge of the Empire garrison town.
They lived and they died, They prayed to their gods,
But the stone gods did not make a sound.
And their empire crumbled Till all that was left
Were the stones the workmen found…"
--
“No man ever steps on the same dune twice, for it’s not the same dune and he’s not the same man.”
--
"Even a god cannot change the past."
--
“She had simply shed the mantle of slavery as easily as she had worn it, making him realize that she had never really worn it at all.”
--
“Do you think we can be friends?” I asked.
He stared up at the ceiling. “Probably not, but we can pretend.”
--
“I don’t do magic. I turn your attention back to last night and the big-ass sword I was carrying. My job is to run and swing.”
--
“She's only a girl. What kind of men are you?'
'Dead ones?' asked Drith, who yanked the door open and put her sword through Narses' throat.”
--
“Illusions may flatter us, confuse us, or betray us, Drakkonwehr. Or they may be images we cling to when the truth is too difficult to face.”
--
"Who can’t defend the wealth they have must die, or share with the rover bold."
--
“Dragons were notoriously finicky about whom they ate, and thought it the height of bad manners to be kept waiting by their selected fare.”
--
“[...] the whole idea of stealing fantastically dangerous weapons presents the would-be perp with inherent dangers and contradictions: When you are wrestling for possession of a sword, the man with the handle always wins.”
--
“The Lion banner sways and falls in the horror-haunted gloom;
A scarlet Dragon rustles by, borne on winds of doom.
In heaps the shining horsemen lie, where the thrusting lances break,
And deep in the haunted mountains, the lost, black gods awake.
Dead hands grope in the shadows, the stars turn pale with fright,
For this is the Dragon's Hour, the triumph of Fear and Night.”
Modern concepts of fair trials and justice are simply nonexistent in Zalanthas. If you are accused, you are guilty until someone important decides you might be useful. It doesn't really matter if you did it or not.

Mr. Fancypants

« Reply #358 on: June 10, 2019, 09:05:05 PM »
"All the truth in the world is held in stories." - Patrick Rothfuss

MeTekillot

« Reply #359 on: June 12, 2019, 12:52:02 AM »
"Why are you always smiling?"
"Because it's all so fuckin' hysterical..."

--
"I love you the way a knife loves a heart, the way an elf loves a crowd - the way your mother warned you about, essentially."

--
"This crowd was waiting uncertainly for news that it was going to become a riot."
--
"Can you dig it?"
--
"Are you going to kill me?"
"Now, come on, let's not dwell on horrid things. This is going to be our last conversation, and I'm the one who's going to have to live with that."

--
"I don't fear what hides in the darkness. I fear what hides in the light."
--