Author Topic: Zalanthan-esque Quote of the Day  (Read 41815 times)

MeTekillot

Re: Zalanthan-esque Quote of the Day
« Reply #275 on: October 04, 2016, 01:51:16 PM »
The sombre, scruffy-faced pacifist says in sirihish:
     "If you kill a killer, there's the same amount of killers in the Known."

The bloodied, blade-wielding man says in sirihish:
      "Yeah but... if you kill like, thirty killers there's twenty nine less."
Where have you buried the body, MeTekillot?

Armaddict

« Reply #276 on: October 04, 2016, 03:34:31 PM »
The sombre, scruffy-faced pacifist says in sirihish:
     "If you kill a killer, there's the same amount of killers in the Known."

The bloodied, blade-wielding man says in sirihish:
      "Yeah but... if you kill like, thirty killers there's twenty nine less."

The two types of Zalanthan 'good guy'. :D
She wasn't doing a thing that I could see, except standing there leaning on the balcony railing, holding the universe together. --J.D. Salinger

MarshallDFX

« Reply #277 on: October 05, 2016, 07:56:12 PM »
I think Allanak has had enough of Tek'd up, Trickle Down.

Dakota

« Reply #278 on: October 06, 2016, 07:09:05 AM »
a word of caution and wisdom re: pairs...

the skeletal-thin, scar-lipped elf says in rinthi-accented allundean:
        "Every place has its unlucky numbers. In these narrows where you're either alone or bein' stabbed in the back... -Two- is the unluckiest of 'em all."
Czar of City Elves.

BadSkeelz

« Reply #279 on: February 01, 2017, 05:18:56 PM »
The pot-bellied greasy-haired man says, in sirihish, after snorting some spice off the blade of his large bone knife,
   "Don't mind my friend! He's just admiring the shape of your skull."
Quote from: janeshephard
You really think BadSkeelz understands the concept of Wine In Front of me? This guy shot me as a townie when he felt threatened. The man's a neandrathal.

Persona for GDB use only. Results in game may vary.

Doublepalli

« Reply #280 on: February 04, 2017, 11:11:02 AM »
While kanking/receiving BJ's from your mate to a whore:

Whoopsie-doo, here comes the goo.
It's slime time!
A shot of goo from me to you.
Ganna splurt the gurt!

Feco

« Reply #281 on: February 04, 2017, 12:57:10 PM »
What the fuck
Sunshine all the time makes a desert.
Vote at TMS
Vote at TMC

Akariel

• Storyteller
« Reply #283 on: February 04, 2017, 05:39:55 PM »
“You might want to think twice before you try to use a man's conscience against him. It may turn out he doesn't have one.”

“As they were walked closer, Kip saw that his inference was correct: every single person here was a drafter. There had to be eight hundred or a thousand drafters here! “Orholam,” Karris breathed. “There must be five hundred drafters here.” So I can’t count, so what?”

“Do you know what you can do to an enemy but not to a friend? Stab her in the back.”

“This world has only two kinds of people: villains and smiling villains.”

“It was like a child addressing a tidal wave, saying, I will not be moved—and before the words are out of his mouth, all is ocean, leaving no sign; not only no sign of the child, but no sign of his defiance, no sign that anything opposed the crushing sea in the least, no eddy, no swirl, no detritus, only simple, plain, indisputable nothingness.”

Delirium

• Helper
« Reply #284 on: February 04, 2017, 07:04:42 PM »
Radar: [takes a drink of Hawkeye's home-made gin, and grimaces] I thought this stuff was supposed to make you feel better.
B.J.: No. It's supposed to make you feel nothing.
"Our whole lives are just stories." - Vikings

Fathi

« Reply #285 on: February 05, 2017, 08:12:38 PM »
Paul Bowles, Their Heads are Green and Their Hands are Blue: Scenes from the Non-Christian World

“Immediately when you arrive in Sahara, for the first or the tenth time, you notice the stillness. An incredible, absolute silence prevails outside the towns; and within, even in busy places like the markets, there is a hushed quality in the air, as if the quiet were a conscious force which, resenting the intrusion of sound, minimizes and disperses sound straightaway. Then there is the sky, compared to which all other skies seem fainthearted efforts. Solid and luminous, it is always the focal point of the landscape. At sunset, the precise, curved shadow of the earth rises into it swiftly from the horizon, cutting into light section and dark section. When all daylight is gone, and the space is thick with stars, it is still of an intense and burning blue, darkest directly overhead and paling toward the earth, so that the night never really goes dark.

You leave the gate of the fort or town behind, pass the camels lying outside, go up into the dunes, or out onto the hard, stony plain and stand awhile alone. Presently, you will either shiver and hurry back inside the walls, or you will go on standing there and let something very peculiar happen to you, something that everyone who lives there has undergone and which the French call 'le bapteme de solitude.' It is a unique sensation, and it has nothing to do with loneliness, for loneliness presupposes memory. Here in this wholly mineral landscape lighted by stars like flares, even memory disappears...A strange, and by no means pleasant, process of reintergration begins inside you, and you have the choice of fighting against it, and insisting on remaining the person you have always been, or letting it take its course. For no one who has stayed in the Sahara for a while is quite the same as when he came.

...Perhaps the logical question to ask at this point is: Why go? The answer is that when a man has been there and undergone the baptism of solitude he can't help himself. Once he has been under the spell of the vast luminous, silent country, no other place is quite strong enough for him, no other surroundings can provide the supremely satisfying sensation of existing in the midst of something that is absolute. He will go back, whatever the cost in time or money, for the absolute has no price.”

I know it's long but read the entire thing!
Out of all those kinds of people, you got a face with a view
I'm just an animal looking for a home
Share the same space for a minute or two

Quote from: BadSkeelz
My preferred form of birth control is still rough circle.

Shoka Windrunner

• YouTube Channel
« Reply #286 on: February 06, 2017, 03:52:17 PM »
I love the desert and would love to experience this. Plan to someday.

I can tell you that on that rare night in the middle of the Pacific Ocean, when the sea is calm, the lights of the ship are out, and the sky is cloudless, you get a similar feeling.  I'll never forget that, and I want more than anything to let my kids experience the same.  The night sky, with no terrestrial lights for hundreds, maybe thousands of miles...is indescribable.  It is so bright you will think that it's a trick because of all the light pollution you probably live with.

I have to imagine the middle of the Sahara is very similar.

I'm a little sad now.
At your table, the badass dun-clad female says in tribal-accented sirihish, putting on a piping voice, incongruous not the least because it doesn't get rid of her rasp:
     "'Oh, I killed me a forest cat!' That's nice; I wiped me bum after taking a shit.

Delirium

• Helper
« Reply #287 on: February 12, 2017, 02:03:50 AM »
Every Zalanthan character ever, eventually...

"I'm a reasonable guy. But, I've just experienced some very unreasonable things." - Jack Burton

Taking warspice just before going into that ankheg cave...

Jack Burton: Feel pretty good. I'm not, uh, I'm not scared at all. I just feel kind of... feel kind of invincible.
Wang Chi: Me, too. I got a very positive attitude about this.
Jack Burton: Good, me too.
Wang Chi: Yeah!
[pause]
Jack Burton: Is it getting hot in here, or is it just me?
"Our whole lives are just stories." - Vikings

azuriolinist

« Reply #288 on: February 12, 2017, 11:36:22 AM »
Just another Runner...

Sergeant: I have seen stalks of corn with better physiques. Makes me want to pull an ear off, Private! Can you carry your weight?
Desmond: Yes, Sergeant!
Sergeant: It should be easy for you then. Corporal!
Corporal: Sergeant.
Sergeant: Make sure you keep this man away from strong winds.